4.0 out of 5 stars Good Entry Level Unit for Bigger Critters Only
Published 11 months ago by Frank

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy to operate, but pictures are not very clear.
Published 7 months ago by Nate

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Entry Level Unit for Bigger Critters Only, November 23, 2013
This review is from: Wildgame Innovations 2 MP Digital Trail Camera (Sports)
This is my first game-trail camera purchase. I purchased it based on it being rated as excellent in a glossy outdoor magazine review. The blister pack packaging ensured that the electronic device should not be damaged in transit. Set up and operation were accomplished in a mediocre period of time but the instructions left a lot to be desired. The accompanying straps for securing the device were nominal and the biggest diameter tree that they are capable of wrapping around might be a 6" diameter tree. Never the less they give you something to start with. The unit comes without the SD memory card but can accomodate one that has more gigabytes than the total sum of my first 6 computer harddrives. The unit is sealed against the elements by virtue of two easy bottom ratcheting levers. This makes for a quick and efficient removal and reinsertion of the memory card. The true test being the game photo capturing. The first night in the backyard obtained one single picture of a fox. The images are in black, greyscale and white only. The critter was about twenty feet from the unit and showed up very nicely. The second image capture was a deer that showed up on Halloween night. The deer was probably about two feet away from the unit and had a glowing mirage from the light source making it very surreal. Raccoon and coyote images have been captured but I had on one occasion watched as a skunk went right past the unit and then an hour or so later an oppussum, and neither of these two animals showed up on inspection of the SD card the next morning. Perhaps their heat signature was too low or they were well below the units periphery. All in all it does what it is supposed to do on bigger critters, and it got me into the market for about $60 bucks. There are so many higher priced units with so many features, but I can say that this one is definitely a good entry level model if one minute photo intervals and black and white images are acceptable. The date, time stamp and moon phase are spot on. I have it set for nightly picture taking only and never attempted daylight photos so I can not comment on that aspect. For $60 if it gets stolen or damaged it isn't a huge loss. A $200 unit might be a different story.

5.0 out of 5 stars My 2nd Wildgame camera!, October 27, 2013
This review is from: Wildgame Innovations 2 MP Digital Trail Camera (Sports)
Love the convenience of the power switch on OUTSIDE. Wish holes for bungee hooks were a trifle smaller. Would hold more securely.

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy to operate, but pictures are not very clear., March 19, 2014
This review is from: Wildgame Innovations 2 MP Digital Trail Camera (Sports)
Product shipped quickly, no problems or issues with the vendor. I bought this camera because Field & Stream had it listed as best buy for camera's under $80. It's easy to operate, but I'm disappointed with the picture quality. A friend of mine has the Wildgame 5MP camera and the picture quality is much better! I think its' worth the extra few $ to get the better quality. I guess you get what you pay for.

4.0 out of 5 stars you get what you pay for, May 17, 2014
This review is from: Wildgame Innovations 2 MP Digital Trail Camera (Sports)
you get what you pay for we have other cameras that take closer and clearer photos and it is black and green would have been a less noticeable color

1.0 out of 5 stars junk, July 31, 2014
This review is from: Wildgame Innovations 2 MP Digital Trail Camera (Sports)
Lasted two weeks. stopped taking pictures after about 5 pics. worst camera i have ever owned. never will buy a wildgame innovations camera again. i watched deer walk right in front of the camera right out of my stand and it didnt take the picture.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and long battery life, September 10, 2014
This review is from: Wildgame Innovations 2 MP Digital Trail Camera (Sports)
Easy to use and long battery life. I use one at all feeding locations to get an accurate herd count and to observe antler growth. Best cam for the money. EB

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Price, December 13, 2013
This review is from: Wildgame Innovations 2 MP Digital Trail Camera (Sports)
The camera was purchased for a friend, and he absolutely loves it. Although the picture quality is solid and it is compact, the included directions are significantly lacking. We had to spend some time "figuring" this thing out, which is unlike the trail camera that I own (came with detailed, step by step directions). Good camera for the price!!

1.0 out of 5 stars I tried testing it in the backyard and needed several tries to make it work (kind of) - I must have wrong expectations of those., October 28, 2013
Thomas A. Kremer "TAK" (Trevor, Wi United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wildgame Innovations 2 MP Digital Trail Camera (Sports)
We tried several positions (high/low) to test in our backyard with the dogs and kids playing - never caught the dogs but captured a few kid's time - not always so I am not trusting much into it. Yes I read the manuals....

Wildgame Innovations AXE 2 MP Digital Trail Camera
$79.99 $73.26
In stock. Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.