4.0 out of 5 stars Pay by Check only if you sign up
Published on November 21, 2012 by Marietta

2.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Pictures with a Picasso Price tag
Wildlife Explorer

Mammals
I Have received 61 pages with the highest number being 326 so 265 more are needed to complete to this number (may yet be higher numbers)

Birds
Have 49 pages with the highest number being 243 so 194 more are needed to complete to this number (may yet be higher numbers)

Reptiles & Amphibians
I Have...
Published on December 2, 2011 by Philip B Wood

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Pictures with a Picasso Price tag, December 2, 2011
This review is from: Wildlife Explorer (Group 1 through Group 8) (Hardcover-spiral)
Wildlife Explorer

Mammals

Birds

Reptiles & Amphibians
I Have received 18 pages with the highest number being 53 so 35 more are needed to complete to this number (may yet be higher numbers

Fish
I Have received 7 pages with the highest number being 40 so 33 more are needed to complete to this number (may yet be higher numbers)

Invertebrates
I Have received 24 pages with the highest number being 93 so 69 more are needed to complete to this number (may yet be higher numbers)

Exploring Behavior
I Have received 7 pages with the highest number being 52 so 45 more are needed to complete to this number (may yet be higher numbers)

World Explorer
I Have received 13 pages with the highest number being 91 so 78 more are needed to complete to this number (may yet be higher numbers)

Conservation Issues
I Have received 13 pages with the highest number being 84 so 71 more are needed to complete to this number (may yet be higher numbers)

So far I Have received 192 pages total not including 8 separator pages and the binder is almost full (see my images)
At approximately .80 cents each if ordered three bundles at a time ("cheaper" with cheaper shipping charge for 3 at a time instead of one) i.e. 12 sheets to a bundle three bundles plus shipping is $28.50 for 36 sheets.
I now need 790 more pages (at a cost of $632) to complete the set, which will require the need for 4 more binders if each one can only hold 200 pages. There may be an added cost for the binders as well.

Final cost for the 5 volume set will be somewhere in the neighborhood of $785.00 (which will have included shipping) which is nothing short of highway robbery. It is much cheaper to print these pages than to produce bound hardback volumes and even if they were in hardback volumes the price would still be outrageous. I can see $50 a volume, which would put the cost at $250 for a vastly superior product at less than a third of the cost.

The last three "chapters" are a rip off as well as the majority of the information could be added to the individual species sheets. Many of them have pictures of the individual species anyway and use them as examples.

1.0 out of 5 stars They sent me to a collection agency, February 26, 2011
Stewart "rrrnt" (Atlanta, GA. America) - See all my reviews
I signed up for their service, and after a few shipments, I returned the payment with a note of cancellation. The next month I got a warning that they were sending me to a collection agency. A responded telling them that I had cancelled the subscription. They did not respond but I started getting notices from the collection agency.

Stay away from this company.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pay by Check only if you sign up, November 21, 2012
Marietta (Marietta, GA) - See all my reviews
I got these for my 6 year old granddaughter - and she loved them for awhile. Each packet of cards came about every 3 weeks (about 10-12 per packet) and contained at least 3 animals she was interested in - many of the animals pretty obscure - but she loved all the reptiles and amphibians! After awhile she got bored so I wrote to cancel. I was informed I had to call to cancel - which I did. Of course, they try to convince you to keep going and to pay by easy withdrawal or give them your credit card information. Don't do that - just in case. They give you a cancellation number so you have a record. By paying by check, you protect yourself from them withdrawing money or charging a credit or debit card in case you cancel. I just got an email confirming my cancellation so I feel certain they won't send any more cards. The book was getting so heavy - and halfway through they send you another book to hold the next group of cards. I think it is a great way to teach kids about different animals - each card is beautifully photographed and designed - and they keep the same basic layout for all the animals - The key features of the animal - How they hunt, what they eat, where they live etc. I would have preferred to pick other animals (I did write and ask them for a bald eagle - but they said they can't divide the packs - which I understand)- again just protect yourself and don't give out any financial information. Then you can subscribe and cancel when you want to.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice Educational Tool, but too Pricey in the end., April 1, 2012
While the cards presented a wonderful learning tool for my granddaughter, the cost of each bundle was too cost-prohibitive in the end. They are over priced to be sure. There are far less expensive alternatives out there. I would not recommend getting involved with this headache.

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't sign up, September 30, 2012
G. Goldman (Woodinville, WA) - See all my reviews
While the cards are nice and my daughter has enjoyed collecting them, I recommend staying away from this company. Their "customer service" is horrendous, the way they bill is shifty at best (I started writing down the package numbers and found them billing more than once for the same shipments), and just try canceling - good luck. Awful. Buy a set from a friend whose kids have moved on and save yourself the headache of dealing with IMP Online.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Customer Service, March 11, 2012
UGH. I got the free thing, I didn't realize how much was in this thing, they put me on hold for over an HOUR so I eventually was forced to hang up because my phone was going to die. I'm only paying 2.50 a pack (I think), so I'm hoping eventually this will be done and I won't have to keep going on this bullcrap. I think there's 12 packs to be sent in the thing I got, that I don't even want anymore. We have to pay though, or we'll likely get in trouble. They're worth the money, but if you don't have the money for ALL of the things (at least 12 I believe) do NOT go through the "free" mail send in.

1.0 out of 5 stars Way to expensive in the end, May 18, 2012
I am about to cancel our subscription........... I was just informed that if we take the 3 shipments in one to speed things along that I'll still have '''''28''''' more shipments to go putting the total amount OVER $700.......WAY to expensive.....we'll just put that money towards her college fund........

1.0 out of 5 stars Never order anything from Surprise Books and Merchants, November 7, 2013
The cards themselves are full of information but I was very disappointed with the condition of the book when it arrived. This was going to be a Christmas gift fir my son but when more then 1/2 the cards were missing and the binder was beat up a bit and the front inside card was torn I did not feel like I could wrap this up as a gift. I very carefully read the description before placing the order and was very mislead. I thought I was ordering a binder with all cards in group 1 - group 8 because that is what the description said but it arrived with PARTS of group 6 - group 8. The seller started out unhelpful and basically accused me of lying until Amazons A-Z claim was in place then thry tried to backtrack and work with me. I do not trust this seller and would never do business with them again!! The item description has since changed....it is NOT the same as when I placed my order. Be careful and order with caution!!

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars and worth it!, July 14, 2014
it was in a condition near perfect,and was well appreciated and held an extraordinary amount of information and was a helpful reference.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lies and Deceit, October 3, 2014
This was advertised as the complete collection and it is FAR from. I received one binder with what I thought was about 200 missing from just the first group. Then I found out how many pages there are supposed to be total. To give you an idea, there are SIX binders with 1600+ pages completely. I found a 4 binder set for $60 with only a few missing from group 2. Not only that, but to ship this one binder back cost me $20 so I really only ended up with half of my money back. Worst mistake I've ever made. Waste of time, waste of money, and complete loss of patience.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Wildlife Explorer (Group 1 through Group 8)
Wildlife Explorer (Group 1 through Group 8) by International Masters Publishers (Hardcover-spiral - 1998)
Used & New from: $92.79