Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Wildlife Tycoon: Venture Africa
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on June 7, 2006
This is an amazing game in which the player gets to create their own ecosystem. They must learn to balance life (for example, make sure there are enough zebras for the lions to eat but also enough so they can breed and increase herd size) while making sure each animal's requirements for food and water are met. Wildlife Tycoon is a great simulation game and will keep anybody who loves animals interested and excited while also making them think. This game is a must buy for any animal lover!
on June 25, 2009
"The following review is by Isabella (6 yrs) one of the younger members of dream factory compound:
"the game is a good game i like it a lot it has afrcan animals like lions and zebras and willdabeasts and elephants and many more. You drive them around by clicking your animal. place food and water to make your animals nice and cozy."

Parental comment: Maybe not her favorite. The purpose being to organize african animal care; feeding, watering, walking. I would recommend the 'Zoo Tycoon' over this. Tycoon has better interactive interface and activities.
on September 15, 2013
This is great game to pass the time with. It's quite fun and I really love completing the levels and unlocking new places snd animals. The graphic aren't the very best but they are still quite great. Overall it's a great game for kids or adult and definitely worth a play.
on March 27, 2007
I've owned this game for a year now and I'm still playing it nonstop! The thing I love about this game is that if you want, you can be any of the animals! All I can say is: I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT!
on September 1, 2013
I've played this game! Years ago on my XP system. It is lots of fun. You have to place animals on the map, fill up watering holes, and plant food. Be careful though, some animals do not work well with others! The campaign maps get bigger and bigger. You can also play a map as open sandbox. Venture Africa is an XP game and may have problems on newer OS systems, dunno.
on January 21, 2013
This game did not work on several systems. I was extremely happy when I got to FINALLY use it, yet when I got to the Elephant Level, it was virtually impossible to complete. I think I may get rid of it. This game is good when you have enough patience and time to complete each level.
on November 14, 2007
I finally bought this because we used up the trial and hadn't had close to enough fun!
on December 3, 2012
Was really happy that it came in on time. Works like a charm! The game is really fun! Thanks! ~Sarah
on July 28, 2014
Could not get it to download due to errors and no support from the Company since it doesn't exist anymore.
on August 8, 2006
I am the primary consumer for my family, meaning that I buy the games for my kids. Since I'm concerned about content, I usually stick to "Tycoon" or other family friendly games. I thought this would be a good game, based on the first review, so I purchased it. Sadly, I was disappointed (and so were my kids).

I'd like to make a couple points:

1) If you go to the company website, you'll notice that most people have trouble even installing and running the game. As was the case with my purchase. I personally think some sort of refund or price reduction is appropriate with this poor result, but anyhow.

2) The game is not educational. As a biologist, I was appalled by the design and content of the game. The object in most levels is to create an uber-herd of animals. No concept of carrying capacity or ecological limits! I realize this is a game, but it should at least try to be educational if it claims to be, which this one does.

3) Graphics. I'm not that into games, but when I did check it out, I did think it was a little dated and poor quality.

4) Sound. Definately poor quality. My kids had to have me adjust the speakers.

Overall - go with something from a bigger company, would be my advice. And don't believe the hype. This is not a good product.

See 1 answered question