5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera!!
Published 14 months ago by Jason Lewis

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for its purpose; don't expect Nat Geo quality
The camera provides color still photos or video during the day, and B&W at night using infrared LEDs. The quality of the video is better than the still photos, but in the end it is a trail camera and its purpose it to document wildlife activity, not to win photographic awards.

Published 8 months ago by Aphotog

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera!!, June 18, 2013
This review is from: Wildview TK40 No-Glo Scouting Camera (Sports)
I love this camera. I set it up at my bait site, and got some Great pictures (both day and night) of some grizzly bears. I was impressed by the quality of pictures. The camera was SO easy to set up. It is is very small in size. I like that too. I live in Alaska, and have some extreme conditions. The camera operates flawlessly. I will be getting a few more just like it. I bought a moultrie game spy before. It failed on me twice!! I did not even return it. I threw it in the trash. This wild view camera is so much better, I recommend it,

4.0 out of 5 stars Good camera for the price and very simple to set-up, August 20, 2013
This review is from: Wildview TK40 No-Glo Scouting Camera (Sports)
Camera is simple to use and set-up (why I bought it) it takes good quality pictures and has been reliable.The reason I gave it 4-stars instead of five is that in heavy rain the cover leaks.I have to use electrical tape over the joint as I do in the cheaper cameras.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for security, September 9, 2013
This review is from: Wildview TK40 No-Glo Scouting Camera (Sports)
I bought this little camera, just to hang outside of a storage building to keep an eye on things. With the no-glo IR's, you cannot see this in the dark at all. Spotted a raccoon and an armadillo so far, but luckily no intruders. Very easy to set up and works great.

5.0 out of 5 stars WildView TK40 Game Camera, September 15, 2013
This review is from: Wildview TK40 No-Glo Scouting Camera (Sports)
We have only used this product for a short time, but so far I am quite impressed. The size is very compact which makes it great for concealing from view...I bought it primarily to catch any poachers/trespassers. The pictures are very crisp and clear. However, the 8MP designation is not quite accurate...I gather from the literature that it interpolates from 5MP to achieve the 8MP image...how does that work(?)...no matter, as the pictures are great. We have not captured any nighttime IR pictures yet so I will need to update this review later. One particular feature I really like is the incorporation of physical slide switches to 'instantly' change some of the camera settings rather than scroll through an endless series of digital menu items. Eight AA batteries is a bunch, but cheaper than C batteries that most cameras use. Even at this early stage I am contemplating purchase of another.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for its purpose; don't expect Nat Geo quality, December 27, 2013
This review is from: Wildview TK40 No-Glo Scouting Camera (Sports)

In case you don't know, virtually all digital cameras will record infrared. In fact, virtually all cameras have an infrared filter to greatly reduce the influence of IR on the captured image. Probably, this camera has that filter removed so that it works well with the IR LEDs for night photography. The tradeoff is that daytime still photos, especially, are somewhat degraded. So, it's a tradeoff.

My estimate of the night range is 20 feet at best with about 10 feet decently illuminated, not 50 feet claimed on the packaging.

Regarding a few comments I've read in these reviews. I've never had to reprogram the camera after removing the SD card. In fact, the only thing one can "reprogram" is setting the date (which has stayed set for me). Everything else is set by 6 sliding switches which stay set unless you change them. Setting the switches is pretty obvious and straightforward. Worst case, you may spend about 1 minute reading the manual.

UPDATE--WEIRD BATTERY DRAIN: How you turn the camera off and on seems to affect battery drain. There is a slider switch with 3 positions--test, off and on. Whenever I go from on to off to remove the card and check it, when I return later that day, the batteries are dead. However, if I go from on to off to test then to off, the batteries do not drain. The manual does warn that when going from test through off to on to not do it too fast. That is the only hint that there is something strange with how this unit works. Based on that hint, I tried various combinations until I hit on the on-off-test-off sequence. I emailed the factory about it, but got no response.

So, minus 1 star for the 50 foot illumination claim, and minus a star for the oddly designed and largely undocumented battery drain plus the poor customer service.

3.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working, December 31, 2013
This review is from: Wildview TK40 No-Glo Scouting Camera (Sports)
When the unit was working I found the picture and video quality to be great. it is very sensitive so you have to make sure it's angled just right or you'll be taking pictures of stuff farther out than you probably want to. Only issue is it stopped working and I couldn't get it to power on, I thought the batteries had gone dead so I replaced the 8 AA batteries and it still wouldn't come on. I took it home and left on my work bench as I was going to eventually call the manufacturer and about a week I decided to try it again and it worked so I'm not sure if it got too cold (temps were down to mid teens at night) and it froze or what. Nice cam, just not sure if it likes the cold.

4.0 out of 5 stars love it, October 10, 2013
This review is from: Wildview TK40 No-Glo Scouting Camera (Sports)
This thing works perfectly. I does nee to be somewhat close to what you are taking pictures of though. 25' is about what you should expect in the dark. The smallest animal it has captured so far is a black cat at night time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, December 22, 2013
This review is from: Wildview TK40 No-Glo Scouting Camera (Sports)
I can't really tell that it records in high definition (unless it's HD in video only) but the quality of the still photos are fine, not as clear as I thought, but pretty good. I like how simple it is to use, and I like how the infrared is black (you don't see it light up). However, I noticed a deer ran off when it looked at the camera as if is saw the infrared lights come on (I don't know what happened). The price is good too.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT buy this inferior product!, August 5, 2014
C. Dan (Hudson on the Gulf, FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wildview TK40 No-Glo Scouting Camera (Sports)
I do not recommend this product. When it works, it "eats" batteries. After two attempts to use it to see what was getting into my wife's garden-and no pictures, I contacted WIldview customer service. Their response was that I could only use a "plain" SD card show on their "approved list", NO SD HC or other photography recommended SD cards. Their "we ain't gonna stand behind this product" response as well as this camera is CRAP!

2.0 out of 5 stars I bought in Sept, used for 2 weeks and ..., July 14, 2014
This review is from: Wildview TK40 No-Glo Scouting Camera (Sports)
I bought in Sept, used for 2 weeks and brought home. Kept in the house until springtime. Reinstalled it and when I went to check on it this week, it's full of condensation inside and wont work. With a 1 yr warranty, I get a refurbished model. I used it 2 x ! I'm not even a hunter..it was for personal use to see birds on my property. Hoping to see an owl.

Wildview TK40 No-Glo Scouting Camera