From the Back Cover
Whether you’re already working and looking to expand your skills in the computer-aided modeling field or setting out on a new career path that involves 3D design, Wiley Pathways Introduction to Google SketchUp will help you get there. Easy-to-read, practical, and up-to-date, this text not only helps you learn how to use Google SketchUp at your own pace; it helps you master the core competencies and skills you need to succeed.
Developed with architects and other design gurus in mind, Google SketchUp is the fast, easy way to build 3D models of anything you want—buildings, furniture, or your own unique creations.
With this book, you will be able to:
- Understand the basic concepts behind Google SketchUp and the general workflow for creating and sharing a model
- Use Google SketchUp to make buildings, draw and extrude simple plans, model stairs, and construct roofs
- Use advanced techniques for modeling objects like vehicles, furniture, and more
- Build models using photographs with Google SketchUp’s new photo matching feature
- Present your finished design using such features as Styles, Shadows, and Sections
- Get your models out into the world through Google Earth and the 3D Warehouse
- Print and export images and animations from your model file