Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Women's Cyber Monday Deals Week Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer mithc mithc mithc  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Shop Now HTL

on July 1, 2010
I've been using Wilkinson razors since 1967 and only stopped when I broke my old safety razor.

Found the very nice Parker butterfly on Amazon and bought this size pack for the price and to have enough on hand (Can't be found locally.)
These blades rate alongside of their competitor blade in giving a close, smooth shave without the burn and redness that the new multi-blade razors tend to leave.

And the price is much, much lower. I have a course, heavy beard and I can get about 5 or 6 shaves per blade.
I only get about three or four with the top of the line multi-blade.

If you're considering a switch, it may take a few weeks to adjust but I think you'll find it worth the effort.

Okay, I'm old school and I don't like shaving with a razor that looks like it could beam Spock aboard, but the bottom line is comfort and price and less to go into the land fill.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 27, 2010
I got these for my Dad, who is very particular. He has actually commented that they last longer than any other that he has tried. He rarely has much good to say about they deserve a five star.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 26, 2012
I've switched to double edged razor shaving. If you're thinking of the same, here's what I've learned:
1. Double edged razors are great. For me, they are better than the 3, 4, or 5 bladed whatever is the latest item.
2. You need to try several brands of razors are they are different.
3. Don't get a sample pack; just buy four or five of the most common brands. Sample packs are cheap but are loaded with obscure brands.
4. Feather is the sharpest, but it left my skin raw, and usually bleeding. Derby were too dull.
5. Wilkinson Swords are the perfect balance for me.
6. You may also be looking a wet shaving with the old soap and brush technique.
7. I tried it and prefer shaving cream. No need to wet shave to use a double edged razor.

Hope this helps!
on October 4, 2012
You have been sold on double-edge razors or you wouldn't be here. And you are still shopping for the right blade--a balance between value (low price, long-lasting), consistent quality (each blade the same), sharpness (cuts rather than pulls) and comfort (less razor burn). With that in mind, give Wilkinson a shot. They may not be perfect for your particular face and style of shaving, but they have a lot going for them.

At twenty cents a blade, it's hard to go wrong. There are cheaper blades out there, and if they work for you, don't hesitate (one of my adult sons prefers Dorco). But if you get three or four or more shaves from one of these, your blade cost per shave fast approaches zero. Wallyworld stocks these at slightly less (though it's hard to quibble with this price if it is more convenient for you). And I do get four shaves (You can always wait until it tugs on your face, but after experimenting, I change it twice a week, so one blade goes early--but that's because it's easier for me to remember Saturday and Wednesday than it is to count to four). Your beard may endure more or less.

Each Wilkinson blade feels the same. This is crucial. If you like this one, you want to be confident you will like every blade. A face is nothing to experiment on.

Wilkinson isn't as sharp as some (e.g. Feather) but sharper than many (e.g. Derby, Dorco, Merkur). Beginning double-edge shavers may want to start with a duller ("more forgiving") blade and will want to avoid a precise, slit-your-throat sharp instrument (Feather). But if you are careful, these offer a good balance between extremes. You can do as the instructions tell you and "let the razor do the work" by tilting the edge, rather than pressing it into your face, and so you can actually learn to shave and reduce some razor burn.

Finally, the "triple coating" is something more than a gimmick. These do reduce razor burn for me (over, say, the Merkur blade), and yet are reasonably sharp. And the coating seems to add to the consistency of the edge (less likely to have micro burrs if the blade is coated after it is honed).

So my suggestion is pick up a pack and see if they work. If you find (as I have) that these are a good value, offering a consistent, sharp, smooth shave, you will want more. Then, if you don't have a consistent local source, this bulk price will give you a year's supply for less than a nickel a shave.
on September 23, 2011
I bought a sample pack that included these and the well-reviewed Feather razors. The Feathers did live up to their hype! However, I found that the Sword razors were just as sharp, and consistently sell for much cheaper! If you like the Feathers, try these!
on July 21, 2014
I am 77 yrs old. Very thin skin Do not like a Blade that Pulls in any way. ( I have had enough BS in my life with out
getting Razor Burn ) I have used Wilkinson from the time I was
in the Army 1958 and on. Have found that after about 4 to 7 shaves you can turn the blade over and it is good for
a couple to three more shaves. 100 Blades at a week each is 2 yrs wroth. Cheaper than a Electric Razor and leaves
my face feeling more relaxed.
on October 19, 2013
As a barber for over 15 years I have used many different brands of razors. The Wilkinson's by far have been the smoothest and cleanest blades I have ever used. I would highly recommend these to anyone, whether your using them for personal or professional use.
on November 5, 2012
I've been wet shaving for over two years and I feel like I've tried all the brands out there with no clear winner. Feathers are the sharpest, they say, but the difference was pretty subtle.

My main problem is post-shave irritation. I've tired Merkurs, Feathers, Derbys, Astras, and Sharks. Wilkinson Swords are in a class all their own. For my skin/beard they do wonders. Everybody's skin/beard is a little different, but if you feel like your razor is tugging your facial hair out rather than slicing it smoothly, these blades might be right for you. Of course, get a sample before you invest in 100 of them.
on June 28, 2014
I've been DE shaving for about two years, but I never really gave these a fair shake until about a month ago after I came off of a vintage DE blade binge where I tried almost every stainless blade ever made. One thing I noticed about all the vintage blades was that they had a smoothness that all modern DE blades lack; when you went to shave with one of those vintage blades you couldn't even feel the blade in the razor. Needless to say I was spoiled and thought I was going to have to start hoarding (now overpriced) vintage blades.

But then I saw a ten pack of these blades while wandering around Bed, Bath, and Beyond waiting for my girlfriend to pick out a new sheet set. The vintage Wilkinsons performed the best out of all those blades I used, so I thought I should give these a shot in the hope that Wilkinson was still making a good blade.

I popped one of these into a SuperSpeed the next day and went to work; on the first stroke I noticed that just like the vintage blades these were so smooth that I couldn't feel the blade in the razor! They cut as well as the vintage blades too, no tugging, just cleanly slicing off whiskers. The only category that these lost out to the vintage Wilkinsons in was longevity, I could use a vintage Wilkinson blade for almost a month, but the modern Wilkinsons only lasted six shaves.

Still these are truly great blades at a good price and every DE shaver owes it to themselves to give these a shot.
on March 8, 2013
My husband bought cheaper ones not made in germany. They were awful. So, he went back to Wilkinson which are slightly more expensive. We had to throw a large box of blades out.
He switched from disposables a year or so ago (there was an amazon reviewer who really helped us out with his video) and he couldn't be happier with the performance of the "old style" safety razor and savings.