Will it work with my new Asus 64-bit mini notebook, Windows 8 ?
asked by Lily on December 9, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
actually the DVD works very well now with the netbook I have. I should update my last comments..soon - the window XP model was from a few years back 1005HA. But I don't see why this hardward is not working with the new one. There is a support number sticker on the netbook bottom. You can call just double check and will send if you don't have it.
tyyang3 answered on December 9, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, it will work fine with Windows 8. Not sure about the Asus notebook.
Expertreviewer answered on December 10, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
While I don't have Win8 installed on any of my machines, I do have this drive running on a 64-bit version of Win7. There were no ASUS drivers that needed to install. I just plugged the drive into my 64-bit,Win7 machine and it worked as expected. My understanding of Win8 is that if the peripheral works under Win7, then it will work under Win8. I am still very pleased with the performance of this drive and would buy it again or consider an "upgraded" one from ASUS that supports Blu-ray. You do need 2 USB Ports on the same side of the machine, or at least within a few inches of each other. As a reminder, this is USB2 vs. USB3 drive. Hope this helps.
J. Coughlin answered on December 11, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
If you have TWO USB ports in the notebook, yes.
Ariel Fisher answered on December 9, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thanks a lot !
Lily answered on December 9, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product