Will the Canon powershot SX 260hs fit in this case?
asked by Susan A. Sawula on December 10, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
votes
I am not sure about this case, but I can recommend the case logic DCB-302 Compact camera case for the SX260 HS. It fits the camera perfectly along with an SD Card. I think it could hold a spare battery as well.
E Lepotakis answered on December 14, 2012

A
votes
No, it will not fit. I purchased an SX260HS and this case was (it still is) displayed as a "frequently purchased with" item. Amazon needs to correct this error.
C. Drew answered on December 31, 2012

A
votes
In a word, no. I got this for a SX 280hs and the fit was so tight it just wasn't in any way practical. Had to struggle to stuff the camera in the bag. Try to fit a spare memory card or battery in the outter zippered compartment and it was nearly impossible to close either zipper. It just is not the right case. If you have to stretch the stitching on the bag nearly to the breaking point in order to fit the camera in, you have the wrong case.
I was trying to replace the Caselogic case I had been using with my Canon S95 which was a perfect fit, with a small bit of wiggle room around the camera. I thought this was the one, bought it, and then found that to get the SX280 in it you really had to force it in and stretch the case. No way you're supposed to have to do that. So I did a little looking around and determined that the case I was looking for was the TBC-312. It's JUST slightly bigger, and the SX280 slides right in perfectly yet without much room for it to move around. Enough room to tuck in the wrist strap, put a spare battery and memory card in the outter pocket, and away you go. If you have a super zoom point and shoot like the SX260 and 280s, this case is too small. Get the TBC-312 and you wont regret it.
Buster Brown answered on January 15, 2013

A
votes
No it does not. Try to the Lowepro Newport 10 case. Fits nice and snugly, with room for a battery or memory card.
PBP answered on February 16, 2013

A
votes
Unfortunately, it will have a very tight fit - the SX260HS is a bit too wide for this case. You're better off with Case Logic TBC-312.
Ricardo Consonni answered on March 23, 2013

A
vote
No, it does NOT fit. At all. I don't know why Amazon is saying that this case is compatible with this camera. I also have a Nikon 9100 and it won't fit in the case either.
Laurkat answered on July 8, 2013

A
votes
nope it does not. i made the mistake of pairing it as well with out checking out these comments.
gm4pack answered on January 17, 2014

A
votes
Apparently there is some size variation in this case. My SX 280 (which is the exact size of the SX 260) fits my case, snugly, a perfect fit.
M. Wood answered on January 24, 2014
‹ Previous   1   Next ›