Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS
Will Garmin 305 work in Asia (China and India) How is the satellite reception for using Garmin products during international travel, and particularly for China and India?
asked by R. Mutha on February 2, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 answers
A
I've used it in Pakistan multiple times as well as Europe (Austria) over the last 3-4 years and it works perfectly.
Ather Haleem answered on February 4, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I live in Okinawa Japan and it works here.
Amazon Customer answered on February 21, 2011

A
The GPS works in Hong Kong but it can take quite a while to pick up the satellite signal. Initially it was fine and I didn't have to wait too long but the last couple of times I've run it hasn't picked up the signal until near the end of the run so that data isn't any use but the heart rate monitor is still OK of course. I'm not sure how to get around this other than turning it on and off but that doesn't seem to work.
WozT answered on April 27, 2011

A
someone aready used in Brazil?
Marcella B. C. Reis answered on May 23, 2011

A
Marcella,

I used it in Uruguay and Argentina if this helps (no problem at all, except the long time it takes to catch satellites)
Hec answered on June 25, 2011

A
I have used it in Guam and Australia with no issues.
Kindle Customer answered on July 4, 2011

A
I use it in Ecuador but can't get the mapping to be accurate...shows me running in the Pacific! Sometimes it's quick on the satelites sometimes not. Anyone in SA been able to correct the mapping?
bahiareader answered on August 7, 2011

A
If you have a garmin connect account you can see people have uploaded runs or bike rides all over the world
victor answered on August 11, 2011

A
Runs wherever you can run...
SC Cyclone answered on September 6, 2011

A
can the system of measurement be changed to metric for use in india?
Deepak Kataria answered on September 21, 2011
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product