5.0 out of 5 stars Episode guide
Season Five of "Will and Grace" sees Grace getting married and Karen on the streets after her divorce from Stan. The celebrity guest list was in high gear with Madonna, Kevin Bacon, Minnie Driver, Rip Torn, Macauley Culkin, Andy Garcia, Gene Wilder, Nicolette Sheridan, and Roseanna Arquette making appearances. Some very memorable episodes, especially the season finale,...
Published on June 13, 2006 by Phillip O.

1.0 out of 5 stars Edited episodes no commetaries. Start the boycott
What is going on with this set? WILL & GRACE has one of the slowest release schedules so you;'d think there would be plenty of time for adding bonus features (and assembling clips from this season's episodes into three-minute montages is nobody's idea of a bonus). Where are the commentaries by the entire cast? Its just cheap. Now, we find out that the episodes are...
Published on September 7, 2006 by Pageturner in NYC

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars What's the Deal with the CUT-UP Episodes?, May 11, 2007
This review is from: Will & Grace - Season Five (DVD)
I'm furious!!! I didn't realize until this season that the DVD's were cut up versions. I was watching the episode where they mention Debbie Harry and then her scene wasn't even in it! Then I watched the season finale and it didn't have the scene with Karen and Rosario on the Russian freighter. Unbelievable! Then I found out that season 6 is the same way and they didn't even have a recap of the last episode. Why do I pay almost 40 bucks for something I can watch on regular TV? The bloopers are hilarious, but $40 for 10 minutes worth of laughs? Crazy! It's one thing to release a crappy guilty pleasure like Mama's Family cut up, but when you release a high quality, wonderful, brilliant show like Will & Grace and don't even have the whole episode, it is just ridiculous! Sorry for all the exclamtion points, but I am just beside myself. I suppose they won't have both versions of the 2 live episodes either. One shot for the east and one for the west coast. I guess I'm asking too much. If this had been an uncut DVD it would have gotten 5 stars, but because I love this series so much I am giving it 3. I'm still furious though.

4.0 out of 5 stars WOW!!! ....and that's NOT a GOOD THING!!!, February 11, 2008
This review is from: Will & Grace - Season Five (DVD)
If you didn't feel the magic disappear at the start of season 4 you'll really FEEL IT NOW! Will & Grace was always a great show from the beginning and pure magic from seasons 1 - 3. But when season 4 started with Woody Harrelson as Grace's love interest the chemistry and magic between all the lead characters seemed to disappear over night. Will & Grace never really had the FUNNY CRAZY lines but they worked well with what they were given. Instead all the good lines were given to Jack & Karen. Pretty much in my opinion for the shows 8 year run it's always secretly been called the Jack & Karen show. Anyways at this point since Will & Grace weren't even given any decent lines, the below average lines that were given they had to turn humorous which just came off really desperate and made the 2 characters even more annoying then they originally were. With season 5 Grace gets married and well....the show just doesn't have any element to keep you tuning in each week. Every episode of this season is almost a pain to watch. You try and look forward to the next laugh and all you get are bad jokes with bad a delivery from the actors and a lot of empty spaces in-between when waiting for the next joke. Every episode you could already tell this show was on its last legs. It wasn't about making people laugh anymore. It was more about learning a life lesson at the end of each episode. When a show starts to become learning about Life Lessons that's when it becomes like the Family Matters sitcom and SLOW torture. I was in shock that this show went on for 8 years. When the show 1st started and after an amazing season 3 I always thought this show would last longer then the over rated Friends sitcom. But after season 4 it was time to hang up the hat and call it a day. Despite that my review maybe coming off negative i do like all of the 4 main actors and this is Will & Grace so i rated it with a 4 star even though i wanted it to be 3 1/2. But because its Will & Grace i still give it a chance.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great season, but episodes are not complete, September 2, 2006
This review is from: Will & Grace - Season Five (DVD)
This is one of the best Will & Grace seasons with some of my favorite episodes. Imagine my surprise when I discovered the episodes on the dvd are the edited versions from synidication and not the original aired versions.

I was looking forward to one of my favorite lines ever...when everyone meets Dr. Morty (Nicolette Sheridan) and are taken aback by her looks and Rosario says "What is she, a doctor of foxology?" But nope...not here. I was pretty annoyed. Only an extra 10 seconds yet cut. Makes NO sense and call me anal, but if I'm not gonna get the original episodes...it should be labeled.

3.0 out of 5 stars So So Season, Bad DVD Release, September 7, 2006
This review is from: Will & Grace - Season Five (DVD)
Season 5 was the beginning of the end for Will and Grace. This is where it really became obvious that the show was going downhill (and never recovered). This is chiefly due to two things: bad scripts and too many guest stars. To put it quite simply, the show just wasn't that funny anymore. Amusing yes, but far too often I was simply chuckling when I should've been gasping for air after having laughed so hard. But I didn't. It was kind of sad, really. The whole plot about Will and Grace trying to have a child was abandoned after three episodes, but not before they had the mother of all spats that quite simply was too real to be funny or enjoyable. And then it got worse. The addition of Harry Connick Jr. as Grace's boyfriend and eventual husband may have sounded good on paper, but on screen was simply disastrous. Connick Jr. is in fact a very capable and likable actor, but he was completely lost and not very funny. It's not really his fault. The writers didn't know what to do with him, and once they discovered that, kept him off the show as much as possible (a wise choice). Likewise the character of Elliot only appeared once (another pointless character). The whole season wasn't a total loss, as there were some gems scattered in there, but clearly the magic was gone. And the proliferation of "guest stars" was too gimmicky and distracting and again not funny, particularly Madonna, in a painful appearance as Karen's roommate!

Now as for the DVD, as a few people have noted, the episodes on the set are not the original broadcast episodes, but ones trimmed for syndication. Those who don't watch the show religiously probably won't notice, but for the rest of us, this is inexusable. Most episodes have been trimmed by a minute or two, but some have been hacked, as they were originally either an hour long or one of NBC's "Supersized Episodes." In any event, it's an insult to the fans who now have to wait a full year between releases. The whole point of having these episodes on DVD is to have the entire, uncut shows, and to have these shortened ones instead is a disservice to the fans and is just plain lazy. But, unfortunately, unless enough people complain or refuse to purchase these truncated sets, this is as good as it's going to get.

1.0 out of 5 stars AWFUL DVD RELEASE OF A GREAT SHOW, August 13, 2008
This review is from: Will & Grace - Season Five (DVD)
The show itself deserves 4-5 stars, but this release of mostly edited episodes is a slap in the face to fans. Without realizing it, I bought this season, and like others on this page was furious at the many chopped up episodes on this disc. How come almost 60 year old I Love Lucy can present full episodes and extra scenes and commentary, but a recent show like this can't? Thank you Amazon for your liberal return policy. And shame on you LionsGate.

4.0 out of 5 stars Something Is A Little Off, January 3, 2007
This review is from: Will & Grace - Season Five (DVD)
Huge Will & Grace fan Here,I wasn't to impressed with the way that this season was presented to us,the fans.It seems that there are some scenes from the original broadcasts are missing.I would have 5 star'd this season but something definately went wrong this season.Its seems we got the syndicated versions of this season.

I think they should re-release season 5 & for those die hard fans like us, we should be compensated in some way.

3.0 out of 5 stars The episodes are edited!, April 17, 2007
This review is from: Will & Grace - Season Five (DVD)
I only bought W&G for the gags, but most of the ones I loved are missing because Lionsgate decided to use the syndicated, edited versions of the episodes. That's so not cool, if I'm paying for the episodes I want them in their entirety.

3.0 out of 5 stars GREAT Show--but why Edited Episodes???, December 4, 2008
This review is from: Will & Grace - Season Five (DVD)
I can't state how much I LOVE "W&G" as a show, and, sure having all seasons/episodes on DVD is wonderful, but, these episodes are edited and are the syndicated versions. Not a huge problem, but, some of the funniest lines/parts of certain episodes are actually missing. For example, where's the classic meeting between Madonna and Jack???? I was looking forward to that scene, and, it was MISSING!!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars THANKS FOR THE "HEADS UP", YOU GUYS, December 29, 2006
This review is from: Will & Grace - Season Five (DVD)
Thanks, guys, for giving us the heads up on the shoddy release of Season five of Will and Grace. I almost purchased it without reading the reviews but very glad I didn't! I have seasons 1-4 already but think I will wait for Lions Gate to re-release Season 5...and I think they will if everyone continues to voice their disappointment.

3.0 out of 5 stars WILL&GRACE, WE ARE GAYER THAN EVER!, January 3, 2007
This review is from: Will & Grace - Season Five (DVD)
I LOVED THIS SEASON I THINK I WQS THE FIRST ONE TO BUY IT, I REALLY ENJOYED HAVING SEEN "BENJI" BEVERLY'S DENIED PARTNER FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME!, I JUST LOVED............WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE WAS THE PART THAT WAS EDITED IN THE EPISODE IN WHICH MADONNA APPEARED WHEN SHE WAS IN A BAR WITH KAREN AND SUDDENLY WALK INTO THAT BAR GRACE WITH JACK LOOKIN' FOR WILL, AND THEN SUDDENLY JACKS LOOKS AT MADONNA AND SAY SOME STUFF LIKE "AS A GAY MAN I FEEL THAT I BELONG TO U OR ATTRACTED TO YOU", WHY TO HAVE THAT PART EDITED IT WAS FANTASTIC, IT IS A REAL PITY! WELL TAKE INTO ACCOUNT NEVER AGAIN DO CUTS!!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›

Will & Grace - Season Five
Will & Grace - Season Five by James Burrows (DVD - 2006)
$19.98 $14.23