Will a Kindle Fire (not HD) fit in this case without problems?
asked by Cynthia A. Tucker on December 9, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
I don't believe so. Looking at the product dimensions for the two:
kindle fire hd: 7.6" x 5.4" x 0.4"
kindle fire: 7.44" x 4.72" x 0.45"

Because this is a slim fit case for the kindle fire hd, the dimensions just won't be right (the kindle fire will be a little small for the case as well as being too thick)
Kevin Heng Mak answered on December 9, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Oh, gosh, wish I could tell you for sure it would fit. But this is my first Kindle and it is an HD. It fits that perfect ! Love it. I would say to just check the measurements given on this one and the Kindle brand one for the Fire. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
QuiltyGal answered on December 9, 2012

A
Echo the first answer, the two kindles are not the same size or shape for that matter--the first fire is more box shaped and the new HD tapers more in the back not unlike an iPad. The case fits the Fire HD so "perfectly" you would probably not be happy with the fit. Plus there are lots of choices out there for both versions.
Jenn answered on December 9, 2012

A
I do not believe so, because the Kindle Fire HD is much slimmer than the original Fire.
Scott M. answered on December 9, 2012

A
Don't believe so as others have said. When I was looking for a case I noticed that many said "for fire hd only" or fire so guessing they don't interchange.
Christopher Palermo answered on December 9, 2012

A
No, would not be the snug fit that the hd has.
Amazon Customer answered on December 9, 2012

A
Hello Cythia, the short answer is I dont know. However a quick look at the Kindle page on Amazon there is a "spec" page - take a look and scroll down to the diamensions, the Kindle Fire is slightly smaller than the HD. In my opinion, I would not buy this case for the Kindle Fire as I believe the width at some 15mm less than the HD would no be secure
Mr. Richard Murdock answered on December 10, 2012

A
I don't believe so, but you may want to check with Amazon directly. I only own the Fire HD. Sorry! Good luck.
K.Sanders answered on December 14, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product