Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now May4th

Format: Hardcover|Change

on November 6, 2011
For years the Catholic church said animals have no souls. Finally Pope John Paul II stated yes they do! But when confronted with the afterlife issue, priests will either say we just don't know what happens to them, or the souls perish on death. When asked where scripture states that, they cant give you one, because its not there. This book logically looks at some scripture and presents an obvious case that God loves them like he does us, and would not allow them to simply vanish from existence. That would be quite a cruel God and not the God we have come to know. My hat off for this brave and excellent book.
1717 comments|153 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 3, 2011
I bought this as a gift for a friend a few days after her cat died, and she has been comforted by it. I also got the original version for myself. Both are similar (I read both to compare). They are written by Father Jack Wintz, so it does focus on the Catholic perspective. It is not a lengthy book (about 110 pages), and an easy read. It gives a hopeful viewpoint on a difficult topic. I hope this has helped. Thank you.
0Comment|104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 15, 2013
After losing my best friend, Sylvester, about a week-and-a-half ago, I began reading many of my cat books that I had put off seeing that many of them end up with the passing of beloved feline. This book was the first one I dived into.

The book is short, but to the point, and provides numerous examples of where Scripture clearly proves God also loves the animals of this world and they will be a part of the new Heaven and new earth.

Friar Jack Wintz's book is a tremendous blessing for anyone who has lost a beloved cat or dog. It truly has been a blessing for me. Someday, I will see my buddy, Sylvester, in Heaven!
55 comments|49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 4, 2011
I'm an animal lover, a cat lady. This sweet little book is in my heart. Thank you. It is beautiful.
on December 30, 2011
I found this book to be very helpful in my ministry. Helps to address many concerns for animal lovers and especially for children who have lost a pet (and may have experienced the death of their pet as the first "death" of a loved one that they ever experienced). The book is well developed and gives many spiritual references.
on September 26, 2012
I give it 5 stars! I had recently lost my beloved cat, Clemenza, to an infection and the vet so very lovingly sent him to "Cat Heaven" while I held him and cried. I still speak to him every day, and I miss him so much, but I know that somewhere "up there", he can hear me, and hopefully we will be reunited once again. Kudos for an absolutely wonderful book. I will treasure it always. Anne
on December 18, 2011
Nothing to do with this book, but all angels live in Heaven especially after they have touched our lives with their love. Eventually we will all meet again in a better place that this place we are in now. GOD is merciful and he is the almighty. His little friends are sent to guide us and comfort us. We take care of them and we shall follow in their foot steps one day. I look forward to this with all my heart.

Darian Paganelli
on January 9, 2013
Very comforting and touching, but I would have liked to have seen some of the pertinent Bible verses being included.
on November 27, 2012
What can I say...a PERFECT gift for someone who has lost a special kitty or for your self as you grieve the loss of your precious kitty. This book will touch your heart and assure you that our special companions do go to heaven.
on May 4, 2013
Though I loved all of my cats and mourned each when they died, it was my little Savannah who nearly broke my heart when she died. She was fiesty yet sensitive to what was going on around her. She understood so well. I purchased this book when she died and I'm glad I did.