5.0 out of 5 stars Stay true to you, and your fans will stick with you!
Published on April 7, 2003 by P. Brown

3.0 out of 5 stars good single-disc set, but it's missing 2 songs
and they are: "so fresh" from willenium, and "momma knows" from born to reign. why these songs are not on here is beyond me. they should of been here. there "was" a video for so fresh(thus it being considered a hit, and a good one at that. taking it back a minute old school style. and very good for "hip-hop"), and "momma knows" the dedication to all the mom's out there...
Published on February 12, 2006

5.0 out of 5 stars Stay true to you, and your fans will stick with you!, April 7, 2003
P. Brown "Music Maniac" (Bronx, New York United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Will Smith - Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Will Smith is one of the few rappers who remains to be true by not giving into the "negative angry rapper" persona. From the beginning in 1987 to the present, he produces hit after hit without promoting a destructive message, and most important "keeps it clean". I have grown up listening to DJ Jazzy Jeff & Smith's work since I was young and was elated to hear all my favorite songs on one disc. He was one of the few rapper my mother allowed me to hear in our home, and many people has not given this rapper his proper props. If you enjoy his work you will enjoy is complication package. My favorites songs are, "Parents don't understand", "Summertime" (an endless classic), and "Freak It", (but I loved every track from this Disc) Will summed it up with a verse about his career, and I thought it was hot!
"Once and for all lets get this straight
How you measure a rapper what make an MC great
Is it the sales? - 20 mill
Is it the cars? - Bentley's
Is it the women? - Jada
Is it the money? - Please
Mr. Clean yet the fact remain
Got girls that don't speak English screamin' my name
All you rappers yellin bout who you put in a hearse
Do me a favor write one verse without a curse"
From Freakin' It of the Willennium in 1999
"You go Will and always stay true to you & do what you think Hip Hop is about from a fan for life!"

5.0 out of 5 stars The Greatest, August 27, 2003
ladyjo (Washington, DC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Will Smith - Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
I would not recommend this album if you like music and artist who curses after saying two words throughout their songs, if you like songs that have no meaning at all and/or if you enjoyed songs that are disrepectful towards others. I forgot how real rap used to be. Will Smith's albums brought back a lot of memories, including how clean rap music use to be, the 80's clothes styles (le'coq sportif), the first Nightmare on Elm Street and how funny he was with "Parents just don't understand"
Also, I am glad to hear the full version of "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air" (personally, I did not care for it), but the album is so good that I still gave it 5 stars.
Last, I did not know that Jada Pinkett-Smith could sing and I really, really enjoyed their song 1,000 Kisses.
From listening to his new songs (they are new to me, because I don't buy rap music or listen nor support to today's music and artists because their lyrics and songs are horrible and have no meaning), I can see that Will Smith is a family man who loves and respect is family from his song 1,000 Kisses, Just the Two us Us and Gettin' Jiggy Wit It.
Again, I recommend this album if you have taste.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Of Will Smith, August 3, 2005
This review is from: Will Smith - Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
If you like Will Smith but don't want to hunt through album after album to find his best stuff, buy this. Nearly all of the songs are great. Even though it doesn't have Switch on it, it is still definitely worth the money. Will Smith is not like most other rappers who swear a lot to get their point across. You can play it for young people without worrying about the content. Good vibes, no unnecessary hostility.

5.0 out of 5 stars I completely agree that Will, April 28, 2003
bryhil_04 (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Will Smith - Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
doesn't get enough credit for what he does! I appreciate his music because he doesn't swear a hundred times a second! I mean, I like other rappers, not many though. DMX and Ja Rule are the only other ones I manage to like, mostly because their acting abilities! But Will, he keeps it clean both ways and doesn't get much credit! I'm someone, who's previous favourite artists are Green Day, Blink 182, Jennifer Lopez, Avril Lavigne/Jennifer Love Hewitt, and now Christina Aguilera/Michelle Branch. All which I still like(except Jlo), and you can see that Will Smith's type of music comes nowhere near to those artists/bands. Jlo is the closest, and that's not even a comparison, really! Will rocks and I'm glad he put out this album. He has a tendency like Our Lady Peace, to put out great songs, and the rest not so great, so when I saw this album, I bought it immediately!! And I enjoyed it so much!! Go Will!! And love the remix of Nod Yah Head(Black Suits Coming)!! It's better than the original, in ways!

4.0 out of 5 stars Always The Fresh Prince, January 2, 2003
This review is from: Will Smith - Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Will Smith's Greatest Hits cd is a great cd to add to your collection, especially if you don't own any of his previous albums. I'm not saying they aren't worth owning, but this greatest hits collection is basically the best that he has to offer. Only a couple errors in my opinion keep this cd from getting 5 stars. His 1995 hit "Boom Boom Shake Shake The Room" is not on this disc and "The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air" theme song is the extended edition which hard core fans will be all over. However, moderate fans like myself will be kind of bummed to be singing along and realize there's alot more to the song we didn't know. That's really the only drawbacks, the rest of the cd is great. Highlights for me include the 80's singles "Parents Just Don't Understand", "A Nightmare On My Street", "Summertime" and his later efforts "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It", "Men In Black", "Wild, Wild West" and "Will 2K". Fans will also be happy to know that the cd also features the Men In Black 2 theme song "Nod Ya Head", newer work "1,000 Kisses" featuring his wife Jada Pinket, "Just The Two Of Us" the sweet song where he raps about his son and alot more. In closing, this is a great cd for all Will Smith fans that will leave alot of people ready for Will 3k.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Rap, July 4, 2004
This review is from: Will Smith - Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
If you are looking for a hardcore or gangsta hip-hop album, I suggest you look somewhere else. This album does not have any hardcore or gangsta lyrics on it. It's simply a rap CD done for fun.
The best part of the album is the fact that Will doesn't have to curse every second. Don't get me wrong, though. I would listen to any hardcore rap album any day. I just listen to this CD when I feel like relaxing, or when I want a break from all the new stuff that's hitting the shelves these days. The songs are just fun, laid back, and easy to listen to.
I have to say that the songs that are with DJ Jazzy Jeff are better than Will's more recent songs. "Parents Just Don't Understand" is my favorite song. It's about Will having troubles with his mom and dad because they have him where awful clothes to school and beat him to death after he picks up a runaway in a car when he doesn't have a license to drive! The song is hilarious! "Nightmare On My Street" is about Will being terrorized in his sleep by Freddy Kruger, who wants Will to join him in killing people. "Girls Ain't Nothing But Trouble" is a track about Will getting into a mess 3 different times because of girls he meets. This one is pretty funny, too. "The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air" is the full version. It's very catchy, as most who's seen the show will know. I usually rap along.
His more recent songs include "Just the Two of Us", which is a nice song dedicated to his son. "Will 2K", a nice song to dance to about the new millenium. "Miami" which states Will's love for the city Miami. Who can forget "Gettin Jiggy Wit' It" and Freakin it"?
There is also the songs made from his movies. "Wild Wild West", "Men In Black", and "Nod YA Head" are all nice songs to go with the movies he's starred in. Oh, and who can forget the summertime classic, "Summertime"? You have to play this in your car for the summer.
Like I said before, this isn't full of hardcore rhymes. It's just fun raps to chill to. Don't pick this up if your all about gangsta rhymin'. If not, and you welcome yourself to all types of rap, then give this a try. Personally, I prefer Smith the rapper over the actor.

5.0 out of 5 stars What people don't give Will credit for..., April 6, 2003
This review is from: Will Smith - Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
that he gave a real boost to rap music because he is the one who got all types of people to listen to him, maybe because they had watched him on TV, but whatever the reason, not enough credit is given to this super-star, multi-talented man who sings for everyone to enjoy, and while being street-smart is constantly funny and seems to know how to sing a song for everyone to enjoy. Believe me, I am an "older" middle class white woman who listens to his music and thinks he is the greatest and respect him for staying clean while many other artists have not. Thank you, Mr. Smith, for giving us great music and talented movies that are enjoyed over and over again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Willy's still in style!!, November 9, 2003
Renee (San Diego CALI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Will Smith - Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
This CD is one of my all time favorites! This CD has every song by him that I have loved. Gettin Jiggy Wit It, Miami, and Men in Black some of the 90's most famous hits. I just love Will because he doesnt need to use the "f" word in his work to make money.You dont find much of that now a days. I was so excited to see The Fresh Prince of Belair song on there too! That show is my 3rd favorite sitcom! I was also happy to see Wild Wild West which my dance studio did a dance to that. It is definetly worth every cent!

5.0 out of 5 stars Will Smith - Greatest Singer of Men in Black, February 27, 2011
This review is from: Will Smith - Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
This CD was making me so excited tonight, just listening to the songs and playing them over and over, can't get enough. Will Smith is a legend and I have been looking for this CD for 10 years, but never thought I could get it on Amazon. I will treasure it forever, my favourite music of all time. It is so cool, sexy and you can actually hear the words he sings, unlike other artists. Men in Black is a supreme example of what high end music should be, you can dance and listen, the real people would relate to it, I am sure. He is a true star and an amazingly talented vocalist.

4.0 out of 5 stars First-rate rapper, but disappointing production, October 26, 2007
This review is from: Will Smith - Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
One of the most successful and, more importantly, lyrically respectable rappers, the multi-faceted career of Will Smith should understandably make a lot of other rappers jealous. As the "Fresh Prince" half of DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince, he rapped his way to one of the definitive summer anthems in history, the aptly-titled "Summertime". Unfortunately, like many other rappers, both talented and not-so-talented, he has a fairly intense craving for samples, and to that end, he uses too many great songs that were just fine as they were, and makes no effort at all to hide that fact. On "Men In Black" which borrows from the classic Patrice Rushen hit "Forget Me Nots", he even has Cheryl "Coko" Gamble of SWV singing to the tune of it in a very Rushen-esque voice. As I said before, though, I do have high regard for his rapping ability.

Will Smith - Greatest Hits
Will Smith - Greatest Hits by Will Smith (Audio CD - 2002)
Rate and Discover Movies