Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: I Will Stand By You: The Essential Collection
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Format: Audio CD|Change

on April 7, 2011
This is a great CD (14 songs) compilation by the talented legendary country duo The Judds, titled 'I Will Stand By You: The Essential Collection'. This great CD has 10 #1 country hits that have made The Judds a household name plus 2 beautiful brand new tracks (tracks 13 "I Will Stand By You" & 14, the closing track "Back Home"). The Judds re-united in 2009 : before that Wynonna went solo, had some personal challenges (problems with the father of her daughter & her overweight problem. But that is in the past & she is back on her feet again & the duo is as strong as ever!) "I Will Stand By You" : is a great new track (title track) with great melody, vocals & harmonies. "Back Home" is my favourite of the two new tracks : an exquisite ballad with beautiful guitar & vocals. The legendary Alison Krauss lends her beautiful vocals with the duo in this track, a wonderful track! Most fans will/may already have the 'old' remaining 12 tracks : they are a great representation of The Judds's legendary musical career including the classics "Love Can Build A Bridge", "Flies On The Butter(You Can't Go Home Again)", "Young Love(Strong Love)", "Grandpa(Tell Me Bout The Good Old Days)", "Girls Night Out" & "Why Not Me". On overall, this is a great CD compilation, but most of The Judds's fans will/may have most of the 12 'old' tracks. The 2 brand new tracks are great, a highly recommended CD listening.
on April 9, 2014
My mother was a HUGE fan of The Judds. I can't believe it took her passing for me to get my first CD... But listening to these songs brings back such wonderful memories of her. I chose this CD because it has the two songs we played at her funeral, plus all the other ones I love. This is an excellent collection of song from The Judds. If you want just one CD of The Judds, get this one!
on January 12, 2014
Although I have never really been a big fan of the Judd's or heard much of them, lately I have been hearing them on satellite radio and TV, so I decided to buy an album of theirs for my collection. this album didn't disappoint me. I play it frequently now.
on March 22, 2013
We had a cassette of the Hits album. This is the same thing with a few other songs added in that became popular after the hits album came out. We hadn't heard any of these since our cassette player burned out about 15 years ago...
on November 2, 2013
The music that these two ladies sing is magical--beautiful, meaningful songs that are so wonderful to hear- I find myself singing along in the car-- I especially love--Grandpa,tell me--I am glad I discovered these great artists,even though they have been singing together for awhile-- I am now a devoted fan !!!!
on March 9, 2014
I'm a long-time Judds fan, so naturally I would love this collection of their biggest hits, with a few new songs added. I was thrilled to hear Naomi re-join Wy on "I Will Stand By You." Naomi has a unique style of harmony, pitched below Wy's lead vocals. The result has always been so smooth that sometimes it's difficult to hear the 2 voices separately, because they blend so well. Of course, being mother and daughter results in that "relative harmony" that is difficult for genetically unrelated singers to attain. I am trying to develop the "ear" to sing this kind of harmony myself, so I've been singing along with the CD to develop my harmonizing skills. Singing a harmony pitch that is higher than the lead is easier than how Naomi does it -- with the lower-pitched harmony. Any Judds fan would like this CD --- what's not to love?
on May 14, 2011
The CD arrived in perfect condition and on time for gift giving. I want another copy for myself because this is a great compilation of songs...their voices are wonderful and every song is enjoyable. I wish they would record more. Wynonna is one of the best around. Her voice is a 'gift'.
on July 20, 2013
I loved this group. I have the CDs but never put them in my electronic collection and always missed it there for when I am on the go. Now it is there for me anytime , anywhere. The harmonies are fantastic as week as music and lyrics. A must have#
on December 2, 2012
I have 2 of these now..and it's my favorite cd. I received it in a couple of days. No problems with it at all
on December 19, 2014
This CD is one of the few in my collection where I like every selection on it. I have always thought the Judds were better together than either is alone - particularly Wynona.