Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

Format: Paperback|Change

on August 21, 2013
You will either love Ramit or hate him for his straight forward or little aggressive approach. Most of the personal finance book will tell you about all the options that you can avail to grow the wealth, but they will never suggest what to do in reality. You will end up with dilemma what to choose. Ramit is different. He will tell you directly what to do.He is not going give you lots of options. He will simply push his idea and ask you to just do it. You may or may not agree with him. But for me it works like a wonder. It gives me a solid blue print for my financial goal.
on March 7, 2015
I love Ramit, I’ve been on his e-mail list for about a year now and his advice is great. His content is catered towards 20-somethings, and his personal finance advice is not the typical “spend less money on lattes” stuff. His idea is that everybody hates budgeting, so we all need to stop tracking the small purchases we make in our life, to focus on automating the BIG purchases (like automatically paying off your credit card bills with pre-approved transfers) and anything left over is guilt-free spending.

This book gives great tips on which credit card to pick, cutting debt, investing, and how to easily mange your money. I love his engaging style of writing, which is way different than most personal finance books. Highly recommended!
on February 28, 2015
IWTYTBR is a great read for both amateur personal finance enthusiasts and veterans alike. The advice that Ramit gives on personal finance is almost painstakingly obvious.

Definitely would recommend this to anyone who's in need of some assistance with their financial strategies.
on January 9, 2016
If you have read any book on finances then skip this one. Title is also misleading.
on March 21, 2013
This is awesome if you are willing to adjust a few things on the way you behave. I love the psychological approach that Ramit takes. He's truly a master of his craft. Very useful information from start to finish on managing a bit, or way better your finances.
on May 14, 2011
I love this little book. It was full of easy-to-follow practical advice on how to manage your money, save for the future, and still have some fun. It's the best personal finance book I've read in a while. Some finance books assume you already have a good system for money management or know what you are doing in order to manage it. This book teaches you how to create a system and manage things like dreadful college debt. I would recommend it, even if you aren't in your twenties.
on November 5, 2012
I gave this 2 stars because at least the writing is engaging. However the book is too simple and aimed at a 20-25 year old demographic. Do not bother with this if you are over 30 and have any degree of common sense. There are many better books out there - give this one a miss.
There seems to be this little self promotion club of Ramit, Tim Ferris, Chris Guillebeau (I bought one of his books and it was terrible and self indulgent and how wonderful am I)and others. Of this crew I give full props and credit to Tim who delivers unique and quality work - the others are poor imitators and seemingly just trying to cash in by promoting each other endlessly. (Maybe Tim is helping them all and making a slice too?)
on September 22, 2015
Easily the best personal finance book I have ever read! I work in corporate finance and considered myself to have an above-average foundation and understanding of personal finance before I purchased/read this book. Despite being written for financial novices, I still came away with a clear list of actionable steps I could take to improve my already decent finances. No vague terms or general guidance here. Just a well-organized, 6-week program of common-sense and not-so-common-sense tips and steps to follow for setting oneself up for a lifetime of financial success! Highly recommend!
on December 2, 2015
Excellent book! I feel blessed to have found it. As a son of a blue collar family, many of these principles simply weren't talked about at home or at the dinner table. Ramit does a terrific job providing readers with useful advice towards true wealth. 10/10
on March 29, 2015
The information in this book may seem obvious and rudimentary to seasoned money managers, but to young people starting out with their first checking account and their entry into adult life, this book should be required reading. It is especially impactful for young professionals facing overwhelming student loan and credit card debt. The book also includes handy tips on stock market investing and even how to save for large expenses such as car buying, weddings and real estate investing.