Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on September 19, 2008
The book was not really what I expected. I read it but it was not all about working from home and some of the sites she recommends cost money to sign up for although she states in the book you should never have to pay a fee. It was okay but I would have rather checked it out from a library or borrowed rather then waste my hard earned money on it. Most of the sites she gave I am already aware of.
on August 7, 2008
I've already made money from Tory's awesome advice in two areas: adding
AdSense to my website which brings me money every month and with Alpine
Access, which I loooove. I highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to make some money at home.
44 comments|73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon August 14, 2008
Tory Johnson, the CEO and founder of Women for Hire, and a frequent contributor to several television shows, including Good Morning America, shows you how to make a good living working from your own home. Whether you want to take your current position out of the office, or create a business on your own, this is a practical guide to making it happen.

You get the benefit of her enormous experience, in an easy to read, well organized book. She includes real life examples of people who have succeeded in taking their work home. The book lists many resources, and also explains scams to be wary of. There are a lot of scams out there, as the unscrupulous try to capitalize on this popular trend.

Johnson has provided good guidance to many on succeeding in their careers, and starting their own businesses. She has done it herself, and she knows what she is talking about. If you have ever thought about getting out of the rat race, give this book a try. You will be glad that you did.
VINE VOICEon August 31, 2008
Will Work from Home, by Tory Johnson and Robyn Freedman Spizman

This book is written by women for women.

Tory Johnson is the founder and CEO of Women for Hire. Robyn Freedman Spizman is a well known consumer advocate.

The book's premise is that very few can afford not to work at all, but women need more flex time for children and aging parents, among other things.

The book teaches you how to:
* Take your current position home
* Find a new company whose policies will allow you to work from home
* Research a product you believe in, and sell it from home
* Start your own business, doing something you love, for a minimal initial investment

The book includes real-life stories, a step-by-step plan to get started, resource guides, and lists of scams to avoid.

This is a terrific book. It's brand new, so it is up-to-date, and has many pages of helpful web sites, contacts, action steps and time savings tips, as well as various business models to consider throughout the book.

The authors bring up many options for you to think over in planning your move to working at home, and help you see what the big picture will look like--balancing work, home, family, other commitments, alone time.

There are various contacts for helping you continue to do the same job, just at home, or branching out into something totally new--doing computer tech support or accounting for others, doing a daycare or catering business, or doing a direct sales business, to name just a few. Service businesses are growing in demand, and there are enough resources in the book to help you get started doing your own research into your niche.

The book touches on accounting, billing, advertising, marketing, and is helpful--both general enough to help you think outside the box, and specific enough to help you think through your situation--regarding what would really work for you.
on October 6, 2008
This book is full of information! I love watching Tory when she is on Good Morning America and couldn't wait for the book to come out. It really helped me think outside the box and get going! It is a must read! I started my own house cleaning business. It fits perfectly in my schedule so I can still homeschool my two teenage sons. I am my own boss and I love it. I would recommend it to everyone.
on October 3, 2008
This book is filled with very helpful information. There are websites listed that address almost any topic about working from home. This book starts from the begining of doing a resume, to setting up your own business and what you need to accomplish before actually working from home.
VINE VOICEon November 5, 2008
This book goes over several scenarios where you might want to work from home. It is written for women, however, the advice is applicable to men in many instances as well.

The authors cover how to transition your office job to a home office, looking for jobs that are designed to be done from home, starting a business of your own and direct sales from home.

They get you to take a honest look at yourself to determine if working at home is a good fit for you. This is so important, because as wonderful as working from home might sound, there really are some big considerations that you need to keep in mind to be successful.

The section that gives an overview on what you need to do to start up a new business venture (i.e., insurance, EIN, zoning, accounting, taxes, etc.) would be helpful to anyone who is new to the entrepreneur route.

I'd say this book is a great place to start from.
on September 13, 2008
This book is a must read for someone who is looking to begin working from home but does not know quite how to go about doing it. This book has an extraordinary amount of information as far as websites and corporations who are looking for people who are interested in working in a customer service type business from home. It even offered places to acquire training if it's needed. The only thing that I didn't get from the book was how to begin doing something basic and simple as just data entry from home. I didn't want the stress of taking phone calls at home. So I didn't get very much information about the data entry field. Other than that the book was great!
on August 22, 2008
Tory Johnson is one of the most innovative and enthusiastic observers of the workplace, from both the frontlines and from an analytical perspective. How fortunate that her words are now in print!
VINE VOICEon September 10, 2009
This a book for our times, what with the price of gas, the cost of day care and the pressure of being a parent and an employee constantly gnawing on our insides. It presents a how-to on getting started, opportunities that are available for home workers, and a lot of web resources. It's written in a genial way and very easy to understand. I actually found a job that I didn't know existed and I am seriously considering getting into it in the future.

The only part I didn't like was the beginning of the book where it was reiterated how this is the best time to consider working from home. It got to a point where I was telling myself that okay, point taken. I also did not read the entire book but only because the other jobs included did not really interest or suit me. But I can imagine they would be very useful to other people.

"Will Work from Home" is a book definitely worth checking out if the daily grind is getting to you and you know that there must be a better option out there.