Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: One Day I Will Write About This Place: A Memoir
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on May 26, 2014
for about the first 100 pages i truly enjoyed the book. loved "seeing" kenya through the eyes of the author, but there came a point where the reading began to feel muddied and difficult. too much stream of consciousness.
on February 13, 2016
It wasn't really as good as new as it had scriblings and lines all over. But! It was a good read
on September 21, 2011
This book has good and realistic insights to life in Kenya. The writing style jumps around too much for me.
on January 2, 2012
I was looking forward to reading this book having been born in Nakuru - Kenya, albeit some time ago - and was hoping for some good nostalgia. The title for the book, as I was soon to discover, has no relevance to Kenya but is dedicated to Uganda where the author's mother was born and therefore the title is grossly misleading. Further, I found the book totally disjointed and there was little interest in reading about the author's misspent time studying in South Africa. Thus I was very disappointed and have been left wondering how the author managed to receive such acclaim.