Will this case fit the Nexus 7 Wifi+3G model?
asked by PSG on December 19, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 answers
A
vote
It fits perfectly. Everything works except the mic cut-out holes are in the wrong positions. Not sure if its Asus/Google that changed the position of the mics or something.
Amos Hoe Hong Hua answered on January 11, 2013

A
votes
I think so. Fits my Nexus 7 wifi perfectly. You should know the vendor is great to work with and very responsive. So I wouldn't hesitate to order or contact vendor.
Malabrot answered on December 19, 2012

A
votes
I don't see why not. As far as I know they are the same size.
Fallouthero answered on December 19, 2012

A
votes
It shouldn't. The official Nexus 7 cases are only for the wifi model, and it says so in their website.

"Tingues en compte que aquesta carcassa únicament és compatible amb els models de Nexus 7 només Wi-Fi." (My google is in catalan but it says -about their case, not the Poetic- "Take into account that this case is only for the wifi model")
Xevi Arbat answered on December 19, 2012

A
votes
I don't see why not. Google's tech specs page list only one set of dimensions. The wifi + 3G model appears to be slightly heavier, but that's the only difference listed I can see.

Dimensions
198.5 x 120 x 10.45 mm
340g (WiFi Only), 347g (32GB + Mobile data)

http://www.google.com/nexus/7/specs/
C. HSU answered on December 19, 2012

A
votes
I'm pretty sure they're both the same size.
Mad Mike answered on December 19, 2012

A
votes
Most likely yes. I do not have a Nexus 7 Wifi+3G but I've done a lot of research on the device. All indications are that it's the exact same form factor with the addition of the 3G radio inside (and just a little more weight).
Russ H. answered on December 19, 2012

A
votes
I am fairly certain that the 3G/mobile data version has the same dimensions as the WiFi only. As I own the WiFi only version, I can not know to a certainty. Just to be safe, I would try to compare the dimensions of the two tablets to make sure. Hope that helps!
Raquel Petree answered on December 19, 2012

A
votes
Yes. Both devices are the same size. Nexus 7 (7.81 in (198.5 mm) long, 4.7 in (120 mm) wide, and 0.41 in (10.45 mm) thick, and weighs 12 oz (340 g))

Nexus 7 3G (Size: 198.5 x 120 x 10.45mm @ 340grams)

You can see this information on either Wikipedia or just go to the source (Google Play Store or ASUS)

BTW, FWIW, this case is AWESOME!!! Exactly what I was looking for and I'm certain you will not be disappointed.
BLAQHAWK answered on December 19, 2012

A
votes
Yes it will fit perfectly. Nexus 7 wifi and wifi+3G are exactly the same in terms of dimension.
Harold answered on December 20, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›