Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
asked by S. Peck on October 7, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
I use leafy greens in mine all the time, but for best results I mix them with hard vegetables and alternate between the two going into the juicer. There is lots of info on the nutritional content of all sorts of vegetable juices if you google 'juicingbook'
Digital Donkey answered on January 19, 2011
Comment | 12 of 12 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I think it works quite well for greens, considering that it isn't an auger juicer. You can't juice wheatgrass, but if I cram in greens, so the whole chute is filled tight, greens work pretty well. For kale, use the frilly type, and put it in "head first" with the stems sticking up top to push down on.
Marina Moonlight answered on April 6, 2011
Comment | 8 of 8 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
When I want to juice greens I core my apples and stuff the greens into them - that seems to work best for me in terms of getting the most juice out of my greens.
Karen answered on April 12, 2011
Comment (1) | 14 of 14 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I had the Ikon and recently purchased the Hamilton Beach 67650 Big Mouth Pro Juice Extractor. The Big Mouth actually is more effective at juicing leafy greens than the Ikon. I usually felt the need to put greens back through the Ikon and juice again and I would always get a bit more juice, but not the Big Mouth. The pulp is already quite dry. I do find it helpful to experiment with each juicer because it makes a difference how you load the vegs in the chute and push them through. Overall, the Big Mouth has been more effective on leafy greens than the Ikon and it's way cheaper too.
JH answered on June 26, 2011
Comment | 15 of 15 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It juices all leafy veggies with ease..I juice spinach cilantro and swiss chard. to get the most juice out of them roll them in a tight ball then trow in the juicer.. :)
Danielle answered on July 4, 2012
Comment | 16 of 16 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I juiced spinach for the first time and it did a great job of juicing it. I didn't think there was going to be much but it truned out to be the right amount. The second time I added oranges for flavor and that mad eit tastier. So yes does great on spincah. Also depends on the amount of spinach I use a whole bag to get the right amount so now I know the amount I need. I noticed a comment that on person had to reuse the pulp to get more juice well theres nothing wrong with that and that could be done with any type juicer.
Juan Rivera answered on December 3, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Breville 510xl vs breville juicebarplus
Amazon Customer answered on August 1, 2014
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product