Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Now Deal of the Day
Will my lenses and speed flash from my D70 work with the D3200?
asked by Michael J. Irise on June 5, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
They should. The only caveat is that if your D70 lenses are not AF-S they will not autofocus on the D3200. They will manually focus.
C. Parker answered on June 5, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hi Michael, The D3200 can use any modern-era Nikon lens with the AF-S designation with full availability of all autofocus, auto aperture, auto exposure, and image stabilization features. Older AF lenses won't autofocus but can still be used for automatic exposure. You can use Nikon AI, AI-S, or AI-P manual focus lenses. Nearly all new Nikon lenses are AF-S with the focus motor in the lens. The Nikon flash units that can make optimum use of the light control features provided by the D3200 are the built-in flash, the Nikon SB-900/910, the SB-700, the SB-400, and the SB-R200. Various older units will not be able to access all of the control functions provided by the D3200. The NIKON D3200 by David Busch is a excellent reference if you own or purchase a D3200. Hope that this helped.
Doyle K. answered on June 5, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes however, I suggest you go to www.nikonusa.com and view the full compatibility chart/info for the D3200 and the full line of Nikkor lenses.
J. D. Patterson answered on June 5, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product