Will I need an amp? I was using a DB8 , with an amp, to get channels before. It was able to get channels indoors without an amp, but it was very limited. Will the leaf need an amp? Can it take one?
asked by T. Carson on May 12, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
votes
You just have to try it and see. I got very few signal with amplifier off on my previous RCA antenna. However, I get all channels without amplifier with Leaf. You just have to find a good location and direction for it. Out of 30 digital channels that I am getting with Leaf, I would say signal is sometimes weak for 2-3 of them. But it was weak even with my previous antenna. I will get a small amplifier for it to see whether it will stabilize my 2-3 weak channels. My amplifier is supposed to arrive tomorrow.
Leaf is great! I placed it in one good location and get all channels I need without the need to change position of the antenna.
Spike answered on June 16, 2011

A
votes
I used one like this, with a DB8, 4 Port Cable TV/HDTV/Digital Amplifier Internet Modem Signal Booster Internet AMP
T. Carson answered on May 19, 2011

A
vote
In my experience the Leaf worked great without an amp, however it's best to check on the coverage of your home before you'll know for sure. Go to http://www.antennaweb.org/ to see what type of channels may be available at your home and it will tell you if you need an amplifier.
Mike answered on February 5, 2013

A
votes
did you stabilize the channels using the amplifier and mohu?
netlander answered on May 23, 2012

A
votes
What kind of amp are you referring to? could you link to one? And how does this amp work? From what I've read it will also amplify the noise too. You see I have one of these and get spotty reception inside. But when I place it just outside my patio door it preforms flawlessly 30 channels ( 23 crystal clear ). Inside 12 spotty channels. But it does work great
Amazon Customer answered on May 13, 2011
‹ Previous   1   Next ›