Will this over ride the copyright on Disney VHS tapes?
asked by lml on February 17, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
yes it will
rob answered on February 18, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I haven't tried to convert any movies - only my own recording from a video camera. I did try one, although I don't remember what it was, and was not able to copy it. My guess is no; it does not advertise anything about licensed video.
TheBorings answered on February 18, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, it will. I've made backups of Disney VCR tapes for my kids. It records whats on your screen. So if it plays it records.
wd6869 answered on February 19, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You hit on something I realized the first time I used the product. I am an instructor and purchased the product in order to put old VHS media onto DVD. All my original material was copyrighted and to date I have not experienced any problem. This got me to thinking that I could just as well go to a video store and start copying favorite movies. I'v not done anything like that but preliminary evidence suggests the device successfully captures all media, probably because its capturing the screen movement and not encoding directly.
Amazon Customer answered on February 17, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I believe I tried a movie, but was not able to get a decent picture, so my guess is no. If the video tape is in some way encrypted, I doubt it will be able to copy a readable picture. There is nothing in the user manual to deal with this.
I have only made copies of my old VHS tapes obtained by either recording old TV shows or on videocams.
TheBorings answered on February 18, 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
No it will NOT.
J. Mack answered on February 17, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It might be possible. I'm not real sure that it will.
Gene E Martin answered on February 18, 2013
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
So far I've only used it for my home movies, but I also want to see if it will work for those rather than have to buy them all again. Sorry I can't answer for you at this point.
phiandjen16 answered on February 17, 2013
Comments (2) | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product