Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Grand Theft Auto V - Xbox 360 forum

Will we still get release day shipping?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 55 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 6, 2013 1:11:23 AM PDT
It's been made known to the public that Rockstar has requested all retailers not ship GTA V out until Monday the 16th... and retailers seem to be complying. Does that mean those paying for 2 day shipping won't get it on Launch Day? Will Amazon change it to Next day shipping instead, to correct the problem?

Thanks in advance.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2013 10:30:23 AM PDT
Catfishking says:
I just contacted Amazon once again just like 5 mins ago here is what they told me:

Me:Hello I pre ordered GTA V and I was wondering will I receive it on the release day or will it be after the release day? I am a Prime Member and I was reading the fourms on the game and I see where people saying I will not get it on the release day because amazon won't have the game till day before

Nadia: Thank you for contacting Amazon, my name is Nadia. I'll be happy to help you with your inquiry.
May I have the name on your account?

Me:Richard Askew

Nadia:Thank you. Your email address is catfish2014@yahoo.com, correct?

Me:yes

Nadia:Thank you Richard. How are you doing today?

Me:i'm doing pretty good

Nadia:I'm happy to hear that. One moment please while I check on this for you.

Nadia:I checked on the order for you and see it will be Guaranteed Delivery Date: Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Posted on Sep 8, 2013 8:44:12 AM PDT
I don't think Amazon would screw hundreds of thousands of people. It'll be there the 17th.

Posted on Sep 8, 2013 9:31:39 AM PDT
john says:
i paid $67.97 DELIVERY ESTIMATE TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 2013 BY 8:00PM if they don't delivery on Tuesday i will request my refund

Posted on Sep 8, 2013 1:14:25 PM PDT
J. says:
they are only doing that in the UK

Posted on Sep 10, 2013 1:35:56 PM PDT
Kyle says:
No, That is how it is in USA also

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2013 7:34:05 PM PDT
Agreed completely John, at the very least I will expect a refund on my shipping costs.

Sheesh with the down-votes, I love how even Amazon has fanboys so brutal you can't even ask a simple question. Internet communities just keep getting worse.

Posted on Sep 11, 2013 7:29:36 AM PDT
M. Weir says:
I've over 5 years I've never had a game NOT show up on release day when I ordered release day delivery. Not once.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2013 9:39:53 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 11, 2013 9:40:07 AM PDT]

Posted on Sep 11, 2013 3:31:03 PM PDT
Alexa A says:
I have ordered games with guaranteed delivery on release date and they have ALWAYS made it. The only 1 that had me worried was GEARS OF WAR, I ordered it from the Microsoft store and it came on release day but not until 8:30pm. The times I have ordered from Amazon (HALO 4 Special Edition Console/game & CRYSIS 3) the games have arrived at around 3pm. Best Buy games have arrived between 4-6pm. I don't think you will have much to worry about if you order from AMAZON. I do not however recommend MICROSOFT store because they DO NOT ship any bonus dlc or extra items that come with it, they actually email it to you 7-10 days after you have confirmed that you received your product. I'll also note that I'm in Spring,TX ( a few miles north of Houston) I don't want to discredit people from smaller towns as delivery may have been different.

Posted on Sep 11, 2013 5:16:05 PM PDT
Julian says:
Rockstar has only asked retailers in Europe not to ship the game before September 16th. So that only applies to European countries not the United States. http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/gta5/news/no_european_retailer_will_ship_gta_5_before_monday_september_16.html

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2013 10:06:00 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2013 10:26:27 AM PDT
Ethermadness says:
cool story bro

Posted on Sep 12, 2013 6:29:28 PM PDT
ReviewRater says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Sep 13, 2013 6:43:27 AM PDT
Catfishking says:
Amazon is Shipping out GTA V today I contacted them about 20 mins ago or so

Posted on Sep 13, 2013 6:49:31 AM PDT
Catfishking says:
I contacted Amazon just now and this is what they told me (They are shipping the game out today)

Me:when will the game be shipped?

Lisa:Hello Richard, you are chatting to Lisa
To confirm your were wanting to know when the game you ordered will be shipped is that correct?

Me:I been hearing people talking in the forums about not getitng it on time
yes the GTA V the release day is Tuesday

Lisa:I will be happy to assist and see when the game will shipped, Can you please provide me with the order number please and I will look into this for you?

Me:Order #

Lisa:Thank you, one moment please
I am sorry that the information on the forums are causing concern regarding the delivery of this game, I can confirm that your order is expected to ship out today and be delivered by the release date Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Me:awesome sounds good
thank you for the information

Lisa:You're Most Welcome is there anything else I can assist you with?

Me:no that will be it

Lisa:I hope you have a great day and a wonderful week further.

Posted on Sep 13, 2013 8:37:29 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 13, 2013 8:39:54 AM PDT
Peter Dennis says:
the amazon chat people don't know spit apparently. i get the impression from the online person i talked to that amazon.com doesn't even have GTA in stock yet?!? i really hope she's wrong, but WTF?

You are now connected to Suraj from Amazon.com
Me:I'm curios to see when this item will ship. order number is xxxxxx
Suraj: Hello, my name is Suraj. I'll be happy to help you.
I see your order is qualified for Release date delivery
Grand Theft Auto V is set to be released on September 17, 2013.
Me:right but it should be delivered on 9/17
not shipped on 9/17
doesn't that mean it should be shipped today?
Suraj:We will prepare the shipment for the items as soon as we receive the stock from our suppliers.
This should be in general 2 days before the release date for any items on our website
Me:right, but you guys don't ship on sunday do you?
i read online amazon was shipping GTA V preorders today but i was curious since i haven't seen any updates to my order
Suraj:Your order is eligible for Release date delivery and can confirm your order will be delivered on September 17
Me:ok

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2013 12:31:44 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 15, 2013 12:04:10 AM PDT]

Posted on Sep 13, 2013 12:46:48 PM PDT
Roger Sewell says:
GTA 5 has shipped for Amazon UK and I am trying to figure out what's the hold up with the US Amazon.

Posted on Sep 13, 2013 2:08:10 PM PDT
Peter Dennis says:
I really hope Amazon didn't screw the pooch on this launch. i mean yes they'll refund the shipping charge but i'd really like to have the game on the 17th. i don't normally do online purchases of release day games (i usuually just preorder at best buy and do store pickup) but i had a $50 amazon gift card along with $9 in rewards from a credit card and one of those phone app things so basically i got the game for the cost of the 2 day shipping.

Posted on Sep 13, 2013 4:15:35 PM PDT
Pepsiman34 says:
If you select 17th as the delivery date that is when you will get it. I've ordered many high demand titles and always got them on the release date.

Posted on Sep 13, 2013 6:51:46 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 13, 2013 6:53:06 PM PDT
What is wrong with you people? Who cares when it ships? Sometimes they overnight it, sometimes they ship it 3 days before. It depends where you live in proximity to their distribution center. It will be there the 17th, regardless. Be an adult and have some patience.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2013 9:43:50 PM PDT
Kris says:
You have to understand, many of the people asking this probably aren't adults =P My personal input, I've never had a game not arrive on release date.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2013 12:13:32 AM PDT
Josiah says:
Haha, thanks for saying it for me. It all depends on what kind of deal they have with shipping.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2013 2:20:06 AM PDT
Exactly. I've bought games on Amazon for years, and I've NEVER had one not show up on release day. Sometimes they ship at at 7 or 8 PM Monday, and it's still in my hands the next day. The day they ship doesn't matter.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  29
Total posts:  55
Initial post:  Sep 6, 2013
Latest post:  Sep 16, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Grand Theft Auto V - Xbox 360
Grand Theft Auto V - Xbox 360 by Rockstar Games (Xbox 360)
4.5 out of 5 stars (4,165)