Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback

Will they put this on PC

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 29, 2013 11:57:11 AM PDT
Taylor S says:
I would much rather play this on my PC than on my PS3 or Xbox 360 as the picture quality is much better using my PC! Will they put this game on PC?

Posted on Apr 29, 2013 8:54:40 PM PDT
Most likely but it probably won't be on PC until early 2014. I hope they do put it on PC. Though I don't own a gaming PC, I would love to see what mods people come up with and post on youtube.

Posted on Apr 30, 2013 1:54:34 PM PDT
I'd hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if Red Dead Redemption, and which did not come out for the PC, taught us anything, it's that Rockstar has no trust at all with the PC community as it pertains pirating.

I believe that Rockstar is using the same engine for GTA5, too. This is going to be a closed platform PC (i.e a console) exclusive.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 30, 2013 8:51:45 PM PDT
Julius says:
And GTA IV was terrible on PC.

Posted on May 2, 2013 1:22:50 PM PDT
C says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2013 5:44:57 AM PDT
All the hours spent on GTA IV on PC flying around the city as Iron Man, riding up buildings as Ghost Rider on a flaming motorcylce, and all the amounts of craziness and choas will love to disagree with you.

Posted on May 5, 2013 2:24:25 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 5, 2013 2:43:40 PM PDT
TechHead says:
RDR didn't come to PC because it would not have been profitable enough to port a basically brand new IP that has no real following on the PC. Plus, there were rumors that the coding for RDR was just a hodgepodge mess and basically "duct taped" together, so porting it would have been a pain on a technical level, too.

Every major GTA has been released for PC including all of the pre and post III era ones. In fact, the original GTA launched on PC first way back in the late 90's.

Rest assured, GTAV WILL arrive for PC at some point. My guess would be 6-9 months after the console releases. I, myself, will be double dipping by first picking up the PS3 version and then the PC version down the line because I believe its the only definitive version thanks to upgraded visuals and most likely strong modding community.

If you're really concerned for the PC version, why not sign this petition at Change.org to bring GTAV to the PC. (http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/rockstar-release-gta-v-on-pc) It's already going very strong at 170k signatures.

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2013 12:26:59 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 17, 2013 3:45:13 AM PDT
Early 2015.

Posted on May 18, 2013 4:52:21 PM PDT
TechHead says:
I wouldn't jump the gun and say a next-gen port of GTAV automatically means no PC release. The PS4 is basically running PC architecture (x86) this time around. Thus, even if a next-gen port gets in the way of a PC release, it wouldn't take moving heaven and earth to port it to the PC.

The PC may be considered "cumbersome" to certain people, but those people probably wouldn't bother buying/building a gaming PC regardless and would stick with consoles. Besides, what you mention is irrelevant. Steam takes about as much effort to install as an Android app. Windows Live was a mistake on Rockstar's part for GTAIV, which is why LA Noire on PC was released on PC with Steamworks.

Posted on Jun 17, 2013 8:21:42 PM PDT
Miguel Renalta, I know you think you know what you're talking about, but, you don't. Sorry.

Posted on Jul 22, 2013 11:32:08 AM PDT
Chris Murray says:
Max Payne is the most Recent Rockstar game to be released and that came to PC that as well as the fact that every GTA released aside from the portable titles has been released on PC. Usually Rockstar takes extra time when getting their titles to PC since it requires extra work to bring a game developed for consoles to PC. It will come to PC but at a later date since right now they are focused on the console release. Once the console version is out they can focus on the PC version.

Posted on Aug 11, 2013 2:21:56 AM PDT
kaori says:
I'd be afraid if this came to PC, it would have like 3 layers of DRM. And
than the game wouldnt boot lols. These new games are becoming annoyances
with PCs especially, not consoles, since consoles are already tailored to their specs
unlike pc.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Apr 29, 2013
Latest post:  Aug 11, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Grand Theft Auto V - PlayStation 3
Grand Theft Auto V - PlayStation 3 by Rockstar Games (PlayStation 3)
4.6 out of 5 stars (3,524)