Will they be re-releasing all seasons?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 13, 2008 11:08:13 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 13, 2008 11:08:44 PM PDT
JAREDéJADED says:
Are all the seasons gonna be re-packaged and released in this form? Any idea?

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2008 10:08:34 AM PDT
It's doubtful. The first season's original release was only 6 discs as it lacked hardly any extras so this re-release is seen as a way to make up for that.

Sadly, I wish they had done more with this release. I was hoping for more commentaries. I think this one has fewer commentaries that the later seasons have and the later seasons, of course, didn't have the benefit of a re-release specifically to add more extras!

Worth noting, this season was re-released in slimmer packaging last May and I heard that that release had improved video quality for the actual episodes (compared with the original release), so if that is true, it is likely the same is true for this release.

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2008 11:51:58 AM PDT
Jason says:
I was wondering if anyone knew if this was remastered.

They were working on the blu-ray release which was supposed to come out with season 1 of prison break came out. I'm hoping it is remastered.

I was thinking of having a 24 marathon soon, and what better way to start than with a better quality season 1. I bought it when it came out, and the quality is not so good.

I watched this season live on fox "high resolution" tv back in the day. Those looked significantly better than the dvds I currently own.

Titus, did they re-do the video on any other seasons they released as slim packs?

In reply to an earlier post on May 20, 2008 10:26:32 AM PDT
jwt0001 says:
Unfortunately they didn't upgrade the audio. Season one was the only set not in DD 5.1 and the special edition isn't 5.1 either.

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2008 8:10:36 AM PDT
OrangeCrush says:
Sorry Titus but saying its doubtful that we will see SE's of the other seasons of 24 is, well an incredibly ignorant thing to say given the way double dipping has now become an industry standard. The way this first season SE is seliing I will guarantee there will be SE's on every sinlge season to date. You just have no idea how much material these studios have that could be turned into new special features not even taking into the account that many new SE's are actually going back and doing new material like interviews.

Sorry but to even think for a second that there is anything on the market safe from being re-released in a new so called improved edition is just crazy. The fact that this is the first double dip taking place for 24 just makes it that much more likely.

You will be seeing SE's of every season and I would bet my entire retirment fund on that fact. Nothing is as predictable as corporate greed, especially the greed from hollywood studio's.

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2008 2:07:27 PM PDT
Jason says:
It would be dumb for studios to double dip again on all the seasons.

That is why they have complete box sets. Then you add a ton of video extras (stargate sg1) or remaster (oc season 1 to widescreen)

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2008 1:41:57 PM PDT
This isn't the first "24" double dip...

The original releases of Seasons 1-4 were in fold-out digipack cases. Then Seasons 5 and 6 came in the slimcases. Then Fox re-released Seasons 1-4 in slimcases to match the rest of the series. So this "special edition" is the third release of Season 1.

I thinhk that with the progression from DVD to Blu-Ray, this may be the last DVD release of the seasons. But I've been wrong before!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  May 13, 2008
Latest post:  May 22, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
24: Season 1 [Blu-ray]
24: Season 1 [Blu-ray] by Kiefer Sutherland (Blu-ray)
4.6 out of 5 stars (5,411)