Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 1, 2008 11:40:51 PM PST
Some Guy says:
as a single-disc DVD? I don't want to shell out for the boxed set.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2008 2:33:38 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 25, 2008 2:47:11 PM PDT
D. Hartley says:
As far as I can tell (and believe me, I have obsessively researched this), the only options right now for getting this title a la carte are ordering it from Amazon UK (apparently it IS available separately-but in the UK only) or paying one of the greedy, price-gouging independent sellers (who have pulled it out of the Region 1 boxed set) $40 and up, + shipping (talk about "shelling it out"). Of course, you do need an all region player to view the UK Region 2 disc, and with the value of the U.S. dollar tanking the way it is these days against foreign currency, you are probably going to end up with at least a $30 tab.

I kick myself on a daily basis for trading in my copy of the 2000 edition, which I stupidly dumped because I assumed they would release the superior quality 2006 mastered version separately (as they have done with nearly every other of the newly remastered Bonds EXCEPT FOR THIS ONE). I'm not sure why there is a holdup in the U.S. on this particular title; it's puzzling and quite maddening.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Feb 1, 2008
Latest post:  Mar 24, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions