Customer Discussions > Secrets of the JavaScript Ninja forum

Will this cover HTML5 JavaScript?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 27, 2010 12:50:53 AM PDT
captain s says:
This looks like it will be a great book, but with HTML5 about to hit mainstream, I'd hope this would include a lot of the new JavaScript API specified by HTML5 -- WebWorkers, WebSockets, Local Storage, Offline Applications, Canvas, WebForms, etc. -- there's a whole slew of new API methods and events. Anyone know if we can expect that? I'd slam-dunk a pre-order if it's confirmed.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2010 4:45:17 AM PST
Captain, I have an advance copy of the book. It's not finished yet so I can't say for sure, but no, I don't think that will be the focus. This isn't that kind of book. It's about learning the intricacies of the Javascript language, especially from an object-oriented perspective.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2012 9:48:24 AM PST
Paco says:
go to the manning website. they made the TOC available on their website

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 10:59:14 AM PST
The book does not focus on specific APIs. Rather, it's focused on giving you a sound knowledge of JavaScript, and techniques for dealing with cross-browser issues and other complexities, making you the best of JavaScript developers. Which will, naturally, help you understand how to use the JavaScript bindings to any API with ease.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 9:48:27 PM PST
captain s says:
Looking back it's more obvious that HTML5 features are a bit out of scope for this book. Thanks for the response!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 10:18:35 PM PST
My pleasure!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Jun 27, 2010
Latest post:  Dec 24, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Secrets of the JavaScript Ninja
Secrets of the JavaScript Ninja by Bear Bibeault (Paperback - January 17, 2013)
4.8 out of 5 stars   (61)