Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 59 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 10, 2011 9:37:31 AM PST
AnimatorAR says:
I really enjoyed Chaos Theory online multiplayer spies vs mercs.

Posted on Jan 15, 2011 6:04:49 PM PST
Dida says:
chaos theory was awesome. the creators would be idiots not to addd multiplayer.

Posted on Jan 20, 2011 10:19:18 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Aug 10, 2012 2:05:58 PM PDT
Jolly Roger says:
Ever since I learned about this a couple of days ago, I can't stop thinking about being able to play Chaos Theory's multiplayer again. I absolutely love the Splinter Cell multiplayer modes...the Splinter Cell MULTIPLAYER modes are the main reason I have a game console. I haven't played Chaos Theory's multiplayer on the Playstation, but, if it was anything like the Xbox version (sold my 360 after it broke on me for about the 8th time, which I feel was a blessing in disguise because I absolutely love the gameplay on the PS3), then we are in for a real treat. I'm hoping that the producers of the Splinter Cell series finally recognize that the spy vs. merc multiplayer is worth continuing. I feel they lost a large following when they removed that aspect completely from Conviction. If the multiplayer modes aren't included in the compilation, I'm not buying it. If the producers happen to read this, PLEASE, PLEASE, keep the spy vs. merc game mode for all future game releases!!...Keep the servers running smooth....Add maps (even for "older" games, such as Chaos Theory)....Bring ALL of the Pandora Tomorrow multiplayer maps into Chaos Theory for this release, including Vertigo Plaza and Movie Theater.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2011 10:22:25 AM PST
AnimatorAR says:
Agreed. If this does not have online multiplayer Spy vs. Merc I am not buying it.

Posted on Jan 20, 2011 10:33:23 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Sep 21, 2011 12:51:46 PM PDT]

Posted on Jan 20, 2011 10:52:09 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Aug 10, 2012 2:23:33 PM PDT
Jolly Roger says:
By the way, I saw the producers stating in a video interview, with respect to Conviction, that they wanted the "multiplayer" (and I use that term loosely, since I feel the better term should have been "coop") to "follow the single player story and format." If that was the case, then a possibility is to release a SEPARATE game that is only the spy vs. merc multiplayer so they don't lose their following. I'm sorry, I feel frustrated. I feel like they must have received the feedback that many of us loved the spy vs. merc multiplayer, but chose to turn their backs on us anyway. So, hopefully they will provide what both single player AND multiplayer/SvM fans want. Whoever put the SvM concept and design together are geniuses. And, finally, please don't favor the Xbox over the PS3, or vice-versa for that matter. Release the games for ALL platforms, and at the same time. It's not about taking care of the console vendors, it's about taking care of the customers that play the games, regardless of what console the customer chooses.

Posted on Feb 1, 2011 4:18:18 PM PST
Jason Krol says:
its been confirmed FYI that this is definitely the release date. I saw a Press Release somewhere recently. However I cant confirm or deny of Multiplayer will be intact. I certainly hope so though because Pandora Tomorrow was the single greatest online multiplayer experience in any game ever... period. :P

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2011 10:09:00 AM PST
KennedyX8 says:
Yeah, I played Pandora Tomorrow online like crazy. Sadly, I think we would have heard about it by now if MP was included in these. If it were included, this would be a day 1 purchase.

Posted on Feb 11, 2011 12:28:50 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Aug 10, 2012 2:24:10 PM PDT]

Posted on Feb 11, 2011 5:34:59 PM PST
AnimatorAR says:
If there is no multiplayer/versus mode my friends and I won't buy it.

Posted on Feb 12, 2011 5:27:49 AM PST
I have all 3 of these on the xbox 360 already in upresolution. I can still play the online via xbconnect dot com so if there is no online on this i will not even think about buying it. If it has Spy vs Merc i will buy day one and play for months. I loved the online for these. LOVED IT!

Posted on Feb 12, 2011 8:58:38 AM PST
AnimatorAR says:
"Supports online leaderboard and achievements / trophies system to help foster an online community aspect for the original games." I don't give a darn about trophies or leaderboards. No multiplayer means no sale.

Posted on Feb 13, 2011 7:37:23 AM PST
Solid says:
I'd like to see the multiplayer component included, but $13/game seems reasonable even w/o it.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2011 9:13:48 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Aug 10, 2012 2:28:57 PM PDT]

Posted on Feb 13, 2011 11:01:43 AM PST
Look how conviction has fallen off the face of the earth. The game has NO resell value for a Great game. The online is play and complete once and then you feel your finished. Spy vs. merc mode kept you playing until the next splitner cell game. As for the price its ok but nothing I dont have unless there is native online. I can still play these on the bc 360 upres as it is. Without online there is no reason to consider this unless you dont already have a back compat ps3 or a 360.

Posted on Feb 13, 2011 11:05:43 AM PST
Solid says:
I agree, they took something that worked with the multiplayer fan base and instead of tweaking it to make it better... they basically did away with it for something less true to the series. It would be pretty awesome of them to bring all of the online features back while adding updated graphics, though.
Being a big fan of the series, it'll be a day one buy either way since I no longer have my old copies.

Posted on Feb 14, 2011 6:55:56 AM PST
Marvelous says:
I'm more than certain there will NOT be a multiplayer included with this trilogy; though its HD re-mastered, it's still a last generation video game.

Chaos Theory was one of the best multiplayer experiences I've ever had, but we will just have to cherish the memories and move on. Without multiplayer I'm still purchasing this disc day one, at 13.99 a game all on one disc, it's definitely a great purchase.

Posted on Feb 14, 2011 6:00:41 PM PST
J. Johnson says:
Hey Mutiplayers, I feel your pain. I feel like this whole Splinter Cell franchise has gone off the reservation for all of us... Single Player and Multiplayer alike.

I'm mostly a single-player guy, especially when it comes to the Splinter Cell Series (which is by far my favorite of all the games out there). I can dig the co-op stuff, but spies-vs-mercs always felt like a completely different game to me. BUT, I always thought that was kind of cool... in a 2-games-in-1 sort of a way. Well, with Conviction, not only did they drop your multiplayer mode... as far as I'm concerned they dropped the single-player mode as well.

We no longer had a choice between lethal action, non-lethal action, and complete non-engagement. I never missed Chaos Theory more than after about 30-minutes of playing Conviction. I can't even pickup and hide the dead bodies of the people I apparently HAVE to kill now to reach my objective? Well of course, who'd have time... after all, you have to kill EVERYONE now. UGHHH!

Anyway, sorry for my rant... point being, I'm VERY excited at the prospect of getting HD-Remasters of the 1st three Splinter Cell installments. And I sincerely hope that, for all of you Multiplayers out there, Ubisoft includes all the original Multiplayer modes that everyone loved. I'm also hoping that this Trilogy release is identical for both PS3 folks and Xbox 360 folks. Fingers crossed.

Cheers :)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 14, 2011 6:05:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Aug 10, 2012 2:17:52 PM PDT
Jolly Roger says:
In response to Marvelous07: I'm sorry, but if "moving on" means supporting the Splinter Cell franchise by purchasing future games that do not have the spy vs. merc gameplay, then all I will likely do is "cherish the memories"...the only "moving on" I will do is "move on" to purchase non-Splinter Cell games. Even if I still had my Xbox, I wouldn't buy Conviction since it did not have the spy vs. merc gameplay. I would bet that spy vs. merc fans dwindled off with Double Agent, and then completely detached from the series with Conviction because of the changes to, and then total removal of, the spy vs. merc mode. As far as this being a "last generation video game," I would hope that isn't a reason for the developers to not release the multiplayer...after all, if a "last generation video game" is good enough for a single player mode release, why not multiplayer, too? Unless I'm missing something, I'm not following the logic. In fact, for those of us that are PS3 users that go online, some of us (like me) have downloaded other "last generation" (or maybe I should say, "archaic generation" video games), such as Resident Evil. Folks write on various internet boards all the time regarding the question of "how can I get my PS2 games to work on my PS3?" These are all "last generation" games. My point is that, if a game has "won over" a fan, then it won't matter what the "generation" is...that fan/gamer, I believe, is likely going to purchase the game. Finally, while I'm not holding my breath, I have some shimmer of hope that maybe, just maybe, the developers will read things like this on the internet and decide to retain the spy vs. merc gameplay, for the Trilogy release, and for future SC games.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 14, 2011 6:27:39 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Aug 10, 2012 2:28:14 PM PDT]

Posted on Feb 16, 2011 11:39:31 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Sep 21, 2011 12:48:59 PM PDT]

Posted on Feb 17, 2011 6:20:02 AM PST
Marvelous says:
Jolly - Wiki is not the most trusted site, but it was confirmed that there will NOT be multiplayer, but there will be a leaderboard similar to Batman Arkham Asylum.

Posted on Feb 17, 2011 7:37:44 AM PST
AnimatorAR says:
Thank you all for trying to find out if there is or is not a multiplayer. Now that it is confirmed there is no online multiplayer what-so-ever, my friends and I will NOT buy this game.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2011 9:04:45 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Aug 10, 2012 2:16:12 PM PDT
Jolly Roger says:
Hi, Marvelous: If I may ask, can you provide the source that confirms there will not be any multiplayer? I got my hopes up a bit when I read your first sentence about Wiki not being the most trusted site, but I lost that quickly when I saw your statement about you having received confirmation of no multiplayer. I, and I'm sure others, would just like to know how you came to be informed about this. Thanks.

Posted on Feb 17, 2011 10:33:47 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 17, 2011 10:34:22 AM PST
Marvelous says:
I've read it in countless blogs, threads and the product description list the following features:

Re-mastered in HD quality. Gameplay, Cinematic, Maps, Menus, Loading screens, and more are visually enhanced.

Supports online leaderboard and achievements / trophies system to help foster an online community aspect for the original games.

3D stereoscopy view integrated into each game to use with 3D enabled televisions.
A
ll games will run in spotless frame rate of sixty frames per second, which allows for more fluid game control and an overall heightened Splinter Cell experience. 30 FPS in 3D view.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  31
Total posts:  59
Initial post:  Jan 10, 2011
Latest post:  Feb 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Classic Trilogy HD - Playstation 3
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Classic Trilogy HD - Playstation 3 by UBI Soft (PlayStation 3)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (137)