Will this lens work with my Rebel XSi?
asked by gramma kins on January 30, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 answers
A
if you get one with the right mount, I would imagine it would work with your camera, the one I have is a Nikon mount, I love it the only time I take it off is to use my 2x Teleconverter with it, the lens is so fast I can use full auto focus with the 2x teleconverter, it's the only lens I have I can do that with
Amazon Customer answered on January 30, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes it will. It will work on any cropped frame Canon DSLR camera. It will work on any camera that uses an EF-S lens. You cannot use it on a full fram camera such as the 6D, 5D series, or the 1D series. The lens is great and I use it as my walkaround lens on my 7D. It will give you a great range from wide angle to a acceptable telephoto. it is 18-270 in a cropped camera but in a 35 mm format this translates to a 29 - 430. That is a great range.
Amazon Customer answered on January 30, 2013

A
The lens is a perfect and relative chip solution for beginners.
AlexG answered on January 31, 2013

A
It works fine with my Rebel T2i. No idea about Rebel XSi.
AlexG answered on January 31, 2013

A
Absolutely! Just make sure you buy the Canon version.
Skytalon74 answered on January 31, 2013

A
Get the right mount and it will work. I have the Nikon mount and you will need the cannon mount. Great lens for travelling but not the fastest.
S answered on January 31, 2013

A
I have used this lens with a Rebel XS and a 60D. For vacations and situation where you cannot carry around all of your gear/lenses, it is perfect. It is relatively sharp on the wide end, and gets much softer towards 270mm. It is great for outdoors, not so great for indoors (f/3.5-5.6 too slow for quality indoor/dark shots, especially if there is motion)
Homerbryan answered on January 31, 2013

A
It works beautifully with a Rebel XTI. No flash pictures in the Paris Louvre came out fine with a boosted ISO of 400 and a bit of Picasa editing. Use it all the time.
garth lippmann answered on January 31, 2013

A
Yep, it will, just get the Canon mount and you are up and running! I highly recommend this lens as a general purpose lens that handles almost any situation. If you are in the extreme photography though (such as low light or fast sports), than you need better gear for it.
Hellspawn answered on January 31, 2013

A
Yes it will work with the XSi. However I connot give it the glowing review that others have. I have experienced a good many out of focus shots and unexplained camera lockups while using this lense. It would be unfair to put all the blame on the lense because I don't know the exact cause of the lockups but they only occured when the tamron lense was on the camera.
Robert R. answered on February 2, 2013
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product