Will this fit the same lens as a D3000?
asked by A. Stone on December 22, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
Yes. All Nikon SLR lens' will fit all SLR camera bodies, whether it is a Digital or Film. It's just that DX lens' put on an FX body, will have a reduced coverage since they are different formats. All DX lens' will fit all DX bodies.
David R. Greene answered on December 22, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
One of the finest features about Nikon is that they respect and value their customers, not like other brands who care nothing on those people who invest fortunes buying their lenses only to discover than in a few years, they are obsolete!! (I don´t mention the companies but I'm sure everybody knows to whom I'm referring to). Nikon launched the F lens mount in 1959 with their now classic film camera, the Nikon F. Please read the celebration on the 75 millionth lens sold by Nikon with the same mount, good for all Nikon cameras from the F through the recent D3200 and D5200 and all in between!!! Check http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/12/17/nikkor-75-milionth-nikkor?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=generic
And rest assure, Nikon will NEVER NEVER let you down. Don't even consider for one millisecond buying another brand of camera or lenses. Good luck and greetings from Colombia.
Amalia Posada D answered on December 22, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Not positive... but this website might help? http://lenshero.com/nikon-lens-compatibility
New York answered on December 22, 2012

A
The short answer is Yes; please see below for the long answer and find that the D3000 and the D3200 have literally the same lens compatibility specifications (by the way, if you can afford the (superior) FX lenses, you should try them out with the D3200 - I've found that my D3200's auto-focus works with several of my D800's FX lenses ;-)). Here are the details from Nikon Technical Manuals:

A) For the D3000:
AF NIKKOR for F3AF not Supported
AF-S, AF-I: All Functions Supported
AI-P NIKKOR: All Functions Supported Except 3D Color Matrix Metering II
Electronic Rangefinder can be used if Maximum Aperture is f/5.6 or Faster
IX NIKKOR Lenses Cannot be Used
Non-CPU: Autofocus not Supported. Can be used in Exposure Mode D, but Exposure Meter does not Function
Non-Type G or D AF NIKKOR not Equipped with an Autofocus Motor: All Functions Supported Except 3D Color Matrix Metering II and Autofocus
Type G or D AF NIKKOR: All Functions Supported Except Autofocus
Type D PC NIKKOR: All Functions Supported Except some Shooting Mode

B) For the D3200:
AF NIKKOR for F3AF not Supported
AF-S, AF-I: All Functions Supported
AI-P NIKKOR: All Functions Supported Except Autofocus and 3D Color Matrix Metering II
Electronic Rangefinder can be used if Maximum Aperture is f/5.6 or Faster
IX NIKKOR Lenses Cannot be Used
Non-CPU: Autofocus not supported. Can be used in mode M, but exposure meter does not function.
Other AF NIKKOR: All Functions Supported Except autofocus and 3D Color Matrix Metering II
Type G or D AF NIKKOR: All Functions Supported Except Autofocus
Type D PC NIKKOR: All Functions Supported Except Autofocus and some Shooting Modes
chewey answered on December 23, 2012

A
You can visit the Nikon site and see your lens's compatibility with the D 3000. You may have to use the Manual setting for your camera, but the Nikon lens chart will show you exactly what lenses will work with you camera. Happy shooting.
jimbu answered on December 26, 2012

A
Yes.. they have kind of the same lens compatibility.... on the nikkon web site there is the explicit list of what features of the lens work
http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/dslr/d3000/compatibility.htm
http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/dslr/d3200/compatibility02.htm
Juan Carlos Barreto answered on December 26, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›