Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 30 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 5, 2011 4:13:31 PM PST
goatoms15 says:
Some of my friends who played fallout new vegas said that the original game was very buggy. Is that still true? And would they make a patch for this version so it plays smoother? I own both fallout 3 and fallout 3 game of the year edition and the GOTY edition was buggier than the original version.

Posted on Dec 7, 2011 2:51:21 PM PST
jr da man says:
I heard fallout new vegas is very buggy on ps3 but it may not be for everyone. I havnt played new vegas at all and I too would be interested in picking up this ultimate edition if its not buggy. However I think bethesda keeps releasing their ps3 titles with bugs unlike the 360. I have about 30 hours in skyrim for ps3 and have only seen minor bugs and lag yet everyone kept saying unplayable. If ps3 gets screwed over I may just pick up a 360 for the fallout series.

Posted on Dec 12, 2011 10:14:48 AM PST
R. Leung says:
it's the same buggy code... they claim it's the ps3's fault for the limited memory and nothing they can do. so you will need to save and save often. every 30 mins or so, and be ready to restart/reboot and reload from your save files. hope they all dont get corrupted and your left with ash. sucks that game companies dont build for a specific platform but build only for one and try to port/shoehorn the game onto other platforms. that's why i prefer exclusives or buy the pc version for the better graphics and mods you can use.

Posted on Dec 13, 2011 8:43:56 PM PST
if you bought fallout new vegas the first time and its unplayable heres your chance to give bethesda another 60 for another broken game. just like oblivion goty, fallout 3, fallout 3 goty, new vegas, and now vegas goty. they are all glitch fests and never recieved any support from bethesda for a patch.

Posted on Dec 26, 2011 6:49:10 AM PST
PhoenixAsh21 says:
I've heard mixed things. Fallout 3 GOTY was a glitchfest. I'm hoping this isn't the case. People have said that New Vegas has gotten support from Bethesda and now works fine, so I'm wondering if the code has been retooled for this release, or if it will be a nightmare like Fallout 3 GOTY.

With that in mind, I've always understood Bethesda to have a history of releasing glitchy games, going all the way back to Daggerfall (The Elder Scrolls 2), then patching them as they went along.

Posted on Dec 27, 2011 3:40:52 PM PST
C. Alcatraz says:
Yeah the game was buggy but if u start a new game after all the patches it is flawless. I just started playing again after leaving it dead for a few months but with all the patches that came out i guess they fixed everything. I am 50 hours into the game and i haven't had a single glitch. Any questions I will answer. Like i said i hated the game because it would freeze as soon as i loaded a gamesave but just now i started over and it is one of my favorite games. And like I said any question are welcome.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2011 7:49:20 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 29, 2011 7:54:28 PM PST
Max Renn says:
I won't pay full price for this. I played through on the PS3 version and it was bug ridden as hell. Fun, but very frustrating. Boycotted the DLC until Ultimate Edition came out. I'll buy this used, or borrow it so I don't have to give Bethesda money for a near unplayable gaming experience.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2011 6:48:49 PM PST
That Dude says:
I started a game two months ago (with patches), and have since completed it twice. Out of the 70 hours or so of gameplay, I do remember it freezing... but only 3 times. I am okay with that, though I wish it were zero times, considering the amount of time played. I just made sure to save *frequently*. I loved the game, and look forward to the ultimate edition release.

Posted on Jan 4, 2012 10:19:10 AM PST
hoss3000 says:
IDK...I have the PS3 version and DL'ed the additional mission packs and Honest Hearts was the buggiest of them all for me. Also when I return to the Mojave, the game tends to freeze up more than from what I remember (Had to hard reset my PS3 5X the other day within 1 hour). FO3: GOTY on PS3 was horrible though! I've been wanting to replay it and delete all of my previous data but I had such a bad experience in the past that I'm not sure if it is worth it.

Posted on Jan 18, 2012 2:24:31 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 18, 2012 2:24:54 PM PST
I played Fall New Vegas till Platinum on the PS3, and I only ran into 2-3 system freezes for the entire game. I may just have been really lucky. I have not played any of the DLC yet, as I am waiting for a PSN sale on them.

Posted on Jan 19, 2012 7:20:41 PM PST
Jason says:
It's a Bethesda game, of course it will be glitchy.

Posted on Jan 27, 2012 5:11:12 PM PST
Joe P. says:
Yeah, i fear this will be worse. Like you said, Fallout 3 GOTY is way buggier than the plain version. In fact, I rarely had any problems with the vanilla edition.

Posted on Feb 1, 2012 8:33:03 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 4, 2012 2:31:22 AM PST
If you're smart you should wait to see how buggy this game is. I heard the dlc made the game horridly buggy and bad. Now that the DLC and main game are combined this game is probably going to be an absolute turd on ps3. I don't know why on earth ps3 owners would support Bethesda. Buy it used if you have to. Bethesda is one of the worst developers as far as knowingly releasing garbage ports on the ps3. I don't even know why Sony allows them to make software on the ps3. Just a bad lazy developer.

Posted on Feb 2, 2012 1:46:25 AM PST
Bruce Kane says:
Bethesda, Bethesda... A love and hate relationship with you guys.

They didn't fix Oblivion, and a GOTY edition was release for the PS3.

They didn't fix FO3, and a GOTY edition was release for the PS3.

See where I'm getting at here?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 7, 2012 5:40:45 AM PST
S. O'connor says:
Hey goatoms15: Bethesda claims that they have repaired most of the major glitches that were in the game and that's why they got this Ultimate Edition out so soon. I guess we just have to wait and see what happens. I'll be getting a copy by Friday so hopefully I could report better news because as much as I loved New Vegas, it was broken horribly broken. There were times where my reticle would start moving upwards although I was keeping it steady and straight. I played Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition and only the Anchorage DLC gave repeated freezes or lagged really badly. The rest of the game was actually pretty smooth on pS3. SO we will see.

Posted on Feb 7, 2012 2:44:02 PM PST
Koray Savas says:
Fallout 3 had minor lag and freezes. It really wasn't that bad, but you'd run into the occasional problem. The GOTY did have a bit more problems from my experience, mainly with the game just freezing more often.

New Vegas is pretty bad when it comes to lag and freezing. It's guaranteed to happen at least once every time you play, with me it would happen 4-5 times for every few hours of gameplay. From what I remember though, this was almost exclusive to the DLC. The lag would be so bad that it'd be going 1 frame per 5 seconds. I'm not sure if it's any different with this Ultimate Edition.

I never had problems with Oblivion, and Skyrim froze on me once in my 112 hours of gameplay.

Posted on Feb 7, 2012 6:11:37 PM PST
S. O'connor says:
Did anyone purchase or play this Ultimate Edition of New Vegas yet? I really want to purchase it but after playing the standard version, I am really on the fence with this one. The crashing per every 2 to 3 hours I played, the poor hit detection when I was shooting at someone in their head and it was hitting, freezing in rocks and other parts or things of the world. When I first booted the game up after the long install, it crashed 4 times and I never even played it the first night.

Again, Bethesda said that they would address some issues in this version but I don't know if that is company jargon or real. If anyone is playing this version, please either drop me a line, put a new message in or put a review up. Thanks.

Posted on Feb 8, 2012 3:26:53 AM PST
Seconded

Posted on Feb 10, 2012 4:34:17 AM PST
NCGuy says:
I am waiting for the price to drop. 49.99 is way too much for this game.

Posted on Feb 11, 2012 8:49:03 PM PST
goatoms15 says:
Anybody purchase this game yet? I'm holding out until this summer when I have more free time and a price drop. But for those who bought it, have you experienced any bugs/crashes?

Posted on Feb 13, 2012 7:00:32 AM PST
Athas says:
I too am curious as how this plays out on PS3, but if it's anything like the way my FO3: goty plays out on my ps3, I am cautiously optimistic.

My experience with FO:3 GOTY was initially freezes-fest that required a hard reset after every game session. After 6 hard resets within 6 hours, I shelved the ps3 version for almost a year and went back to my pc, sans the mothership zeta dlc. Recently started FO:3 on my ps3 again with the recommended settings a few ppl suggested and other then an occassional lag, game play has been free of freezes for 40+ hours to date, tho I haven't touched any of the DLC areas yet.

Posted on Feb 18, 2012 10:51:41 AM PST
RocketBeta says:
The problems with FO3:GOTY occur when you continuously play with a single file that gets really large over time. I saved the DLCs for last and my save file was around 14 mb which made the DLCs literally unplayable. But if you go back and play them with a previous save (say 6mb) then the game runs just fine. That said, I can't wait to pick this game up!

Posted on Feb 19, 2012 1:45:23 PM PST
JG says:
I was one of the lucky people that did not have many issues with either FO3: GOTY or FO:NV. Though I did experience the occasional hiccup and freezes, the games never became unplayable. I did spend quite a bit of time with each game (ove 80 hrs each), but I always kept several save files just in case. I'm currently playing Skyrim, and I haven't come across any major problems either, the game has froze on me once, but that's about it. I'm not discounting the fact that some people have and are still experiencing problems with their games; I know that these issues are real.

Posted on Feb 23, 2012 5:11:02 AM PST
Bethesda are a complete joke! I can't believe when i read reviews saying how people loved a game but it was broken. How do you love a broken game? I don't know how a company gets away with releasing garbage over and over! I bought Oblivion GOTY and Fallout 3 GOTY and they were both horribly bugged! I haven't and won't ever give Bethesda another penny. I wish all gamers would stick together and put these criminals out of business. Send a message that garbage won't be accepted! I've read people saying it's a huge game and there should be some problems. BS! I've played Red Dead Redemption, AC 2, 3 ,4 and GTA 4 all huge games and I personnally had 0, yes 0, bugs on any of those games. Same with Demons Souls and Batmans. So why can't Bethesda do it? BAN THEM!!!

Posted on Feb 29, 2012 1:58:17 AM PST
C. Gallo says:
I've also had very few issues with Fallout: NVU (as well as Fallout 3: GOTY, even with a 16mb save file). Only 1 total freeze out of about 20 hours of play and some frame skips. The biggest problem I've encountered, however, have been random drops in audio when playing the game over an HDMI connection. Other games, such as Star Ocean 4: International, also had the same issues, and like those games, this issue was fixed by routing the sound through the red and white A/V cables that came with the system. Aside from that, the framerate issues I've encountered so far are NOTHING compared to the framerate issues one will encounter in Dark Souls' blight town level. Definitely not what I'd call a 'broken' game.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  27
Total posts:  30
Initial post:  Dec 5, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition - Playstation 3
Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition - Playstation 3 by Bethesda (PlayStation 3)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (232)