Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Halo 2 - PC forum

Will this work on Windows 7?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 15, 2010 6:36:18 PM PDT
Like the title said, will this game run on Windows 7?

Posted on Mar 19, 2010 4:02:29 PM PDT
J. Hopkins says:
Yes it will since windows 7 is a flip of vista i already looked on the microsoft website for vista&older games compatable with windows 7 halo combat evolved and halo 2 are on the list besides if the trials work then so will the retail version

Posted on Apr 2, 2010 5:39:17 AM PDT
Heisenberg says:
It works perfectly, but make sure your system requirements are met.

Posted on Apr 21, 2010 4:58:51 AM PDT
Eddie Rivera says:
I just bought this game and a wired XBOX 360 controller (I was never a PC gamer, only home consoles) just to whore the achievements in this game that I have beaten before on the original XBox when it 1st came out.
As the above person stated, yes this game runs on Windows7 as I did an upgrade on my Sony Vaio laptop (one of my worst mistakes because I lost all my files during the upgrade) in November when it came out.
Here are my Windows7 specs for gaming:

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, T7250 2.00GHZ Install RAM 2.00GB, Nvidia GeForce 8400 GT and my Windows rating is a 4.7 and the game does not run smoothly unless I drop the settings greatly. For an old games like this the specs required are high as hell. I'm not a PC gamer, but I think it is fair to say you better have a pretty strong PC graphics card to run this game smoothly and have a high resolution. I just hooked it up from the HDMI port to the HDTV because it is small on my laptop screen since I have to reduce the resolution.
Just fair warning if you still intend to get this game. It brings back some great memories, but makes me never regret not playing PC games as in order to enjoy the newer games you have to continue to upgrade your CPU and how many people can afford to do that these days? No many.
I say unless you are like myself and want to get achievements for it for your XBL account just get the regular game and play it on your Xbox360. The only advantage the PC version has over the Xbox version now is that you can still play online which you can no longer do for any of the original Xbox games anymore since MS shutdown the servers and focusing only on Xbox360 servers now.

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2010 11:30:14 PM PDT
M. MacMahon says:
An 8400 laptop card is not a gaming card, that is why it runs poorly. It is significantly worse than a normal 8400, which itself is not a gaming card either. It is also a few generations old, so even the gaming versions of the 8000 series are not that new or impressive right now.

That said, an 8700 or higher would run Halo 2 just fine, as it is not that demanding now-a-days.

Posted on Jul 11, 2010 6:10:55 PM PDT
i wish "THE OMEGA QUEST" was on halo 2 pc, not halo pc

Posted on Nov 19, 2010 4:38:47 PM PST
Phillip says:
My video card is an ATi Radeon 4550 1GB... will I be able to run this game smoothly at high resolutions? I have a 2.7GHz dual-core CPU and 4GB of RAM, if that makes a difference.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2010 9:05:55 PM PST
M. MacMahon says:
Yeah, that should work well with it. Make sure to force v-synch if the mouse feels sluggish.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2011 7:48:43 AM PST
I have Windows 7 and it would not install on my system.

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 11:07:49 AM PDT
IV says:
I've had problems running it on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, mainly due to Windows Live does not want to cooperate. I have seen various fixes but so far I have been unsuccessful.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Halo 2 - PC forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Mar 15, 2010
Latest post:  Apr 22, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Halo 2 - PC
Halo 2 - PC by Microsoft (Windows Vista)
3.5 out of 5 stars (388)