Will this work on GSM 3G networks abroad? I know that T-Mobile's 3G frequency is different from AT&T and that AT&T's 3G frequency matches most of the world's GSM 3G frequency but I was wondering if this device (Samsung Galaxy Tab bought from T-Mobile) has the proper hardware to work on both T-Mobile's and AT&T's 3G network. I am talking about 3G data access and not the slower EDGE (I am sure EDGE will work on both network). Thanks!
[UPDATED] asked by James Fuerte on November 23, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
votes
I mean assuming that I can unlock the device.
James Fuerte answered on November 23, 2010

A
votes
specifically, will this work in the Philippines? do i need to unlock it or can i just insert a local quad band sim? thanks
bravogee answered on November 23, 2010

A
votes
If it is Tmobile branded, you'll have to unlock it by either requesting for the unlock code from the carrier after a certain number of days or by doing the unlocking yourself. Being quadband, this should work on most parts of the world on EDGE (slower). Tmobile has a different band for its 3G frequency and the question is if this device is able to handle TMo's 3G band as well as AT&T's, which has similar 3G frequency as EU and such.
James Fuerte answered on November 23, 2010

A
votes
What is needed on the Samsung Galaxy in the UK to function?
Can a GPS app such as Garmin or Tom Tom allow driving and locating points-of-interest and sleeping locations?
Kindle Customer answered on January 30, 2011

A
votes
Can this device work with a SIM Card so when I travel I can insert a DATA SIM CARD or is lock to CDMA networks?
A. Bahadur answered on June 30, 2011
‹ Previous   1   Next ›