Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
asked by Junko S on November 3, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 answers
A
Iomega says, on their web site, that this drive has been tested on Windows 7, 32bit version. Now does that mean that it also works on the 64bit version of Win. 7, I don't know.
Charles A. Shea answered on November 4, 2009
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It's a removable drive. Formatted NTFS. Yes. No software is involved in this hard drive. NTFS IS A STANDARD USED BY WINDOWS. IT WILL WORK.
Cameron Neil answered on November 4, 2009
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Just because you got a bad one, doesn't mean that they're all bad. I've had good experience with with the barracuda drives.
Cameron Neil answered on December 3, 2009
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Umm... it doesn't matter? NTFS Is a standard file system used by Windows. As long as you have a 64 bit CPU and OS, then you will be able to run 64 bit apps.
Cameron Neil answered on December 3, 2009
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
what brand do you recommend for 1TB of storage (ideally that be can used for a MAC now but also as a backup fo ra PC later)
Erin Shamji answered on December 4, 2009
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Windows 7 will not access this drive.It works fine on Windows XP.
6foot7 answered on October 10, 2010

A
This does NOT work. I have a windows 7 64-bit. It works fine on my XP though. Iomega customer service states it is compatible, they just haven't updated their website. Do NOT purchase this. It is a waste of money unless you have an older OS.
bryan021 answered on December 28, 2011

A
maybe the software has problem with windows 7 64bit. I don't see why the drive would have a problem; It is just NTFS. Should be the same for either 64bit or 32bit.
Bill Tang answered on December 22, 2009
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
But, is it formatted to run 64bit applications?
Charles A. Shea answered on November 4, 2009
Comment | 0 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Guys, do not buy this hard drive. Iomega uses the faulty seagate barracuda 7200.11 internal hard drives which fail after three weeks of use. Plus when your hard drive does fail, they provide you with only online chatting with no phone support and leave you paying to recover your own data. Spend the extra money and buy a more reputable external hard drive.
Vic T. answered on November 8, 2009
Comment | 1 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product