Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 56 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 26, 2011 9:44:22 AM PDT
Prismaa says:
Will you my fellow amazon people buy this just cuz its halo or because it actually looks decent?

Posted on Jul 27, 2011 5:37:32 AM PDT
Erik Oswald says:
Tough call, I am upset that it will not be Halo: CE multiplayer on Xbox Live. They had a Halo Classics play list on Reach for a while, so I don't see the point. If it was Halo: CE on multiplayer xbox live, with 3 pieces, spawn timers on power ups and power weapons gallore then it would be an absolute sell. I'll play it because I love Halo, but it might just be a rental or a gamefly kind of thing. But who knows, maybe they will surprise all of us with classic Halo CE multi-player. =/

Posted on Jul 27, 2011 9:54:13 AM PDT
Tegeras says:
I will since I never got to play it before. I did manage to play Halo 2 so if its anything like that I will enjoy it. I just wish they still made the newer ones with the same extended single player campaigns that the classics had. Now every new game out seems to only have 5-6 hrs of playtime in them for single player. It's all about bleeding you dry with DLC so it seems.

Posted on Jul 27, 2011 11:15:11 AM PDT
Prismaa says:
Wait so there wont be any multiplayer in this game???

Posted on Jul 27, 2011 11:48:55 AM PDT
David Mendez says:
I'd buy it for 20 bucks, but I'm not interested in a 40 dollar remake.

Posted on Jul 27, 2011 12:51:28 PM PDT
Rob says:
doubtful, has Erik pointed out, i'm pretty mad that it's just reach multiplayer. I traded in reach cause I thought it stunk, so no way I'm gonna pay $40 for that, only thing tempting me to getting this is the campaign. Love CE campaign

Posted on Jul 27, 2011 9:54:28 PM PDT
The only reason I'm getting this game is because I started the Halo series with Halo 3, and been a huge fan ever since. So I do think I need to get acknowledge of what happened in the first Halos lol

Posted on Jul 28, 2011 6:39:17 AM PDT
T. Artz says:
If you started with Halo 3, you definitely need to play CE and H2. I'm going to buy it because I dropped $60 on ODST (basically to play the Reach beta) so $40 on an HD remake of one of the best campaigns of all time seems justifiable to me.

Posted on Jul 28, 2011 7:50:33 AM PDT
I agree that I'm disappointed with the lack of Halo: CE style multiplayer, but the updated graphics, online co-op, and already great campaign are enough to earn my business.

Posted on Jul 28, 2011 9:13:22 AM PDT
D. Avila says:
Does anyone think CE will come packaged like ODST?...campaign and multiplayer disc with a Noble 2 DLC?

Posted on Jul 28, 2011 1:54:43 PM PDT
S. Lobos says:
I enjoy the Halo series so I'm getting it.

Posted on Jul 28, 2011 8:03:00 PM PDT
C. Strem says:
No, the multiplayer is Reach's multiplayer, just on 8 maps from CE. There will be a firefight map. There will be a code in the game to download all the maps and play them with Reach. At least from what I've heard =/ Still getting this regardless, as I enjoy Reach MP =p

Posted on Jul 29, 2011 11:32:41 PM PDT
Devon Day says:
I'm buying this game simply because I enjoyed the original and would like to see how the remake came out. I already preordered the game. It's only for the campaign for me. I don't really like Halo MP.

Posted on Jul 31, 2011 12:41:04 PM PDT
I will buy it because it's been years since I played the original and I'm looking forward to getting back in and playing assault on the control room again. Just imagining playing that level with these visuals....omg!!

Anyways, I'm also excited that they're re-making the classic maps for reach as well. Sidewinder pleeeease!

Posted on Aug 1, 2011 1:09:14 PM PDT
Gus Hound says:
Never had an original XBox, so I missed out on Halo the first time around. Never bought any of the follow-up titles because usually avoid sequels of movies/games I haven't seen.

If the price is right, I'll probably jump on this one because I really feel like I missed out on this franchise.

Posted on Aug 1, 2011 10:12:21 PM PDT
Charles says:
Many of my fondest memories of my initial foray into Xbox was with this game. It is a definite buy for me, as it will always have a special place in my heart. I find myself getting the urge to play it again just thinking about it! Never have I been more engrossed and captivated by such a rich deep fantasy universe. The books are a definite read if you are a true Halo fan. November 15th cannot come soon enough!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 3, 2011 4:44:45 PM PDT
Of course I will... Played through the original Halo on the original XBox, PC, and the 360, but this is going to be so much better! ...and yet, still the same... and, well, it's Halo! It's THE Halo! It's both the original and an improved original. It's kinda like taking a '63 Corvette and adding electric windows, GPS, digital stereo with CD, MP3 player/thumbdrive, and BlueTooth phone support, the latest LED and xenon lighting, and supercharging the engine with the latest technical advances. Except that this one will allow switching between the upgrade and the original with the press of a button!
Knowing what goes into making a game, I'm not at all upset that they didn't put everything into it that everyone wants. There were a few morons who were dissing Reach because it didn't play exactly the way they wanted it to. And if these idiots had had their way, then it wouldn't have played as well for the rest of us. In my opinion, Reach is the best of the series by far. But I still love the others: ODST has a character unlike any of the others that keeps drawing me back; Halo Wars is still fun, though a little claustrophobic (and multiplayer on the same console would have been a most welcome feature for many of us); and the 1st three flesh out a universe and story every bit as fascinating as the StarWars saga IMHO (and much more interesting to play through). I just finished playing through Halo 2 on the 360 a couple days ago, and will keep going back to the older ones. I would also love to see future iterations that pick up other parts of the conflict. Personally, I prefer playing the campaigns and getting involved in the story, etc. PvP is fun, but not nearly as much fun for me as playing through the story. It is, after all, the story that makes Halo such a classic success. Without the story it would simply be just another shooter. I just keep hoping for a movie...or TV series...or both! :-)

Posted on Aug 6, 2011 7:20:41 PM PDT
Satoru S. says:
I never played halo 1 , when halo one cames out I was a ps2 fan. but gonna pick this one up just because I didnt get the chance years ago.

Posted on Aug 8, 2011 5:52:36 AM PDT
I'm getting this because I never played the original Halo nor did I ever have an original XBox.

Posted on Aug 10, 2011 4:41:50 PM PDT
I posted this else where, but I'll be concise. They are running the Reach engine, because they have stated the refuse to divide the Halo community up. It would be retarded on their part. So they are running the Reach engine so everyone will be able to play together. Makes sense if you think about it. If you hate Reach, well then QQ.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2011 9:07:17 PM PDT
Devon Day says:
They're only running the Reach engine for multiplayer. Single player will be a combination of the original engine and netcode.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2011 12:12:41 PM PDT
I agree. Assault on the Control Room is a part of Halo I'd play over and over in the past - now that you mention it.

Going to be getting this - might wait for price break - but will be definitely getting it.

Posted on Aug 15, 2011 3:21:36 PM PDT
I'll definitely get this, but I won't get it right when it comes out. I've already played this game 1000x and loved every minute of it, but I won't pay $40 to play it for the 1001th time with better graphics. But I'll pick it up for $20 in a heartbeat.

Posted on Aug 16, 2011 12:42:43 AM PDT
WildOat says:
I'm buying it for both reasons; It looks good and I love the game. Throw in a little history. If it were not for Halo, I'd be a single console player with a Gaming Monster PC in my Scope. Before this game I was so Playstation Centric I was pathetic. Now, I play my Xbox and mostly browse with my PS. After seeing the short clip on Live, I'm sold.

Posted on Aug 16, 2011 7:13:38 PM PDT
wildchair says:
Yes! I have great memories of the original and am looking forward to replaying this, as well as 2 & 3, online co-op with friends and their kids who never had the original experience. 360 Achievements are a bonus for replaying.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  46
Total posts:  56
Initial post:  Jul 26, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 16, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about