Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on October 8, 2012
I am using this for a 2 credit Intro to Nutrition class this semester. While the book is informative, I have found that the explanations are not as organized or well pulled together or as basic as other Intro to Nutrition books. I have found that after I read the chapter required by my class, that I need to read another textbook or general nutrition book (ie. Nutrition for Dummies or The Idiots Guide to Total Nutrition) to explain what Nix is talking about. I will give you an example. On the first mention of ATP, there is not a good explanation of ATP--there is a diagram and then the text just assumes you know what it is. I have had to research more information on the internet to educate myself about this for the chapter to make sense. Part of my education program is that I will need to take an Anat. and Phys course--so maybe I will understand that better after that course next semester, but I just felt there should be more. Also, there are so many explanations throughout the book that expect that you already know basic Anat. and Phys. There is a bit of outdated information here too (the MyPyramid has been updated since this book was published). On the positive side, the charts, graphs and pictures are very informative and I do enjoy the boxed information that gives additional information on topics for each chapter.
on January 8, 2013
This book is very easy to read! There are lots of colorful diagrams and pictures. It'll be a good resource for writing your nursing case study papers, too :) There are end of the chapter questions that are very helpful.
on December 5, 2012
Preface: I bought this book for nursing school, and I saved 125 dollars by buying it here instead of there. Pretty ridiculous on the school's end.

Pros: In good used condition, and exactly as advertised. It was quite cheap.

Cons: Not a single one...this was a fine little book.

Service: It was shipped/received on time. It was packaged appropriately. No further service was needed, so I have no idea about customer service, which is exactly how I like it.

Overall: I give this product 5 stars for being exactly as advertised, and shipped on-time. I would buy it again if the need arose, and I recommend it to anyone who needs/wants this textbook.

Thoughts: I always buy one edition behind whatever the most recent one is. It's the same information, just rearranged, and quite seriously 5-10 times cheaper. The exception is any kind of a work-book, as you will need to have the same problems and page numbers as the instructor.
on September 17, 2011
Very easy setup for learning and understanding. The cd is worth using.
It tells you how many vitamins etc that you are actually getting
in each meal so you can make adjustments for better health.
Would recommend this book for anyone who wants to learn
about nutrition without having to take a class.
on April 13, 2013
This is an excellent college text book. I intend to keep it after my class is over. I recommend it.
on March 27, 2010
This was a required text book,so I had little choice but to purchase it. It is rather basic, but could be a very useful starting point for someone interested in nutrition, on an introductory basis.
on November 22, 2011
i received this book fast as i expected and shared to my classmates the thrill of ordering on amazon.com!!!!more power to you guys and expect more orders from me in the near future!!!!awesome!!!
on August 7, 2013
I loved it, just want I was looking for. I am very satisfied and very happy about this product, I received it on time, but the book was not in very good condition when I received it. Thank You
on August 29, 2012
Was very glad when the book came before estimated delivery time. The book was also in good condition which made me extra happy that it wasn't another lie on the internet. Good job! :)
on October 8, 2012
Only referred to this a few times during nursing school but was able to find what I was looking for relatively easy. Sections were short and to the point, index was extensive.