|Fits as expected||
Williams Cashmere Men's 100% Cashmere V-Neck Sweater
|Price:||$30.27 - $144.33 & FREE Returns on some sizes and colors. Details|
- 100% Cashmere
- Dry Clean Only
- Classic V-neck sweater in two-ply cashmere with long sleeves and ribbed trims
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Product Dimensions: 1 x 1 x 1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Origin: China
- ASIN: B0057VTQSE
- Item model number: SCM96-AM
- Date first available at Amazon.com: August 29, 2011
- Domestic Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
But there was also a Chinese label on the bottom that said 70% cotton; I looked up the Kanji in a dictionary. Studying the fabric, I tend to believe the Chinese label.
It's a nice sweater, but I don't want to pay $100 for a sweater that's 70% cotton.
1. The material is thin - Thick cashmere would defeat the point of cashmere. I think people are actually complaining about the "thread-count" quality of the sweater. The material is not quite as "plush" as one might expect for cashmere. I happened to have a similar Williams Cashmere sweater Mock Neck stripe sweater and that one does feel more luxurious and plush than this sweater, but this sweater not see-through and it's definitely softer than cotton or merino.
2. The sizing is inaccurate/runs small - This is probably true. I'm about 5'8" 155 lb, slim build and normally I wear Sm for everything, but I decided to go with Med for this sweater. Med turns out to be a pretty good fit in the torso and the hem reaches about the same vertical position as it does for the model. The sleeve reaches right below the palm, which is perfect. I'd say that Sm would have been a bit too small for me. Unless you like the wetsuit look, your best bet is to go one size larger.
I took off a star because the material could be a little more plush. Also the sweater cut is not tapered. It's a very straight cut and there's quite a bit of slack in the area between the armpit and the hem. It's almost a bit too baggy. You can see this if you look carefully at the model's side (I didn't notice it when I bought the item). The ruffled part that sort of balloons out a bit is not an optical illusion. It's a VERY relaxed fit. If you don't have an athletic build or have some extra girth around the middle, the sweater will be very forgiving and comfortable.
This sweater would be a good deal if it was on sale (Gold Box, Lightning Deal, etc). It's definitely not worth $100 - $200, but $60 - $80 is reasonable.
I like the sweater its comfortable and fits , but i cant wear it like this.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Nice sweater. Very reasonably priced for Cashmere. Def buy one size up. I listened to another reviewer and my fit was perfect.Published 4 days ago by Jim Vittor
I bought this cashmere sweater in small size for my 14 years old son. He is 5'5" and 110 lbs., and this sweater fits him perfectly. Read morePublished 7 days ago by Sandra yang
I have bought a similar product from another supplier (different brand), and the size was perfect. These are very small for the size indicated.Published 8 days ago by Frank L Saunders
Very good, I am satisfied with the goods. Amazon's service is very good.Published 11 days ago by Amazon Customer
Excellent material. Seeing is believing. Delivered on time.Published 12 days ago by Amazon Customer
For the price, you would be hard pressed to find similar quality and a selection of colors anywhere else. Read morePublished 12 days ago by Arthur R.