Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blue October Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now May4th

on January 30, 2012
The English label in back of the collar says 100% cashmere.

But there was also a Chinese label on the bottom that said 70% cotton; I looked up the Kanji in a dictionary. Studying the fabric, I tend to believe the Chinese label.

It's a nice sweater, but I don't want to pay $100 for a sweater that's 70% cotton.
55 comments|126 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2012
I am sorry to pass on a bad review for a product, but then this arrived I was a bit shocked to see how thin the material was, and how undersized it was as well. It was tight on m. Being it was an xxl, I expected it to fit reasonably well, but it was snugg at the chest,and while I am a tall, it was short in the body as well. I knew I would have to return it because I knew when I cleaned it even with a wool/cashmere cleaning product it would shrink some, that would be too much and a waste of money.
on January 28, 2012
The quality of a Cashmere sweater was disappointing. Made in China and I own the Cashmere sweaters. I'm even suspicious that this has any Cashmere in it. Says it's 100% Cashmere. Would not recommend the purchase.
on February 9, 2012
I was hesitant to pull the trigger on this sweater because of all the negative reviews. I must say that I am quite pleased with this sweater at the price point I got it at. To address some of the concerns raised:

1. The material is thin - Thick cashmere would defeat the point of cashmere. I think people are actually complaining about the "thread-count" quality of the sweater. The material is not quite as "plush" as one might expect for cashmere. I happened to have a similar Williams Cashmere sweater Mock Neck stripe sweater and that one does feel more luxurious and plush than this sweater, but this sweater not see-through and it's definitely softer than cotton or merino.

2. The sizing is inaccurate/runs small - This is probably true. I'm about 5'8" 155 lb, slim build and normally I wear Sm for everything, but I decided to go with Med for this sweater. Med turns out to be a pretty good fit in the torso and the hem reaches about the same vertical position as it does for the model. The sleeve reaches right below the palm, which is perfect. I'd say that Sm would have been a bit too small for me. Unless you like the wetsuit look, your best bet is to go one size larger.

I took off a star because the material could be a little more plush. Also the sweater cut is not tapered. It's a very straight cut and there's quite a bit of slack in the area between the armpit and the hem. It's almost a bit too baggy. You can see this if you look carefully at the model's side (I didn't notice it when I bought the item). The ruffled part that sort of balloons out a bit is not an optical illusion. It's a VERY relaxed fit. If you don't have an athletic build or have some extra girth around the middle, the sweater will be very forgiving and comfortable.

This sweater would be a good deal if it was on sale (Gold Box, Lightning Deal, etc). It's definitely not worth $100 - $200, but $60 - $80 is reasonable.
on January 12, 2013
this cashmere sweater is too thin , even you could see throuht it , I don't think it was worth to spend almost 100USD to buy it
on February 6, 2013
The sweater was FAR from Cashmere it felt ruff and thin. Cashmere should be soft and non itchy. I got itchy the moment I tried it on. Thank your return policy is excellent!
on January 6, 2014
very poor quality in material. I sent them back after receiving them late for Christmas. Would have sent back anyway
on January 25, 2016
For the price, you would be hard pressed to find similar quality and a selection of colors anywhere else. I have bought a few of these in the past, and for work(business casual) they are fine. They are not the premium quality that you would expect on some of much higher priced brands, but they are well worth the price for what you would expect to pay for synthetic or wool equivalents. Bear in mind that they will have to dry cleaned on occasion, and some do not like the cost or bother, so factor that into your decision
on December 10, 2013
The sweater is a little thin, so you wouldn't wear it as shown in the picture, but over a collared shirt. It also runs a little small, so you won't be wearing this if you're built like the guy pictured either.

However, if you're a slender build, then the sweater fits alright. I bought this when it was on sale, which is the main reason I haven't returned it.
on January 2, 2016
This sweater is soft, sturdy and looks great too. It is thin, so you're best suited to wear it over a button down shirt. I have been dry cleaning it and found that it is holding up nicely. If you machine wash it I'm sure it might break down a bit. That being said, I'm very happy with this sweater.