5.0 out of 5 stars BEST of the Bride & Groom Cookbooks
Published on December 30, 2006 by K. Andolina

3.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring Photos, but not the best book
My husband and I both love to cook and cook a lot: we treat our Global Knife set like it was a firstborn child, our library is comprised of cookbooks ranging from Disney Princess cookbooks to Paul Prudhomme's excellent collection, and we take better care of our cast iron skillet than we do our pets....

I'll be honest, we were disappointed with this cookbook. We...
Published on March 20, 2011 by Layla

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST of the Bride & Groom Cookbooks, December 30, 2006
This review is from: Williams-Sonoma Bride & Groom Cookbook (Hardcover)
I have gone through the Betty Crocker Bride & Groom Cookbook, the Better Homes and Garden Bride & Groom Cookbook and many more trying to find one that would have great pointers for cooking for two as well as great dishes. This cookbook has it all. The recipes are great classic dishes and the recipes range from breakfast foods to desserts. I highly recommend this cookbook.

3.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring Photos, but not the best book, March 20, 2011
This review is from: Williams-Sonoma Bride & Groom Cookbook (Hardcover)

I'll be honest, we were disappointed with this cookbook. We received it as a wedding gift, because we thought it'd be a great contribution to our growing collection. The pictures are beautiful- they're appetizing, they're inspiring, they've got absolutely everything you could ever need (in a picture). The wine pairings are really useful (if you don't know much about wine pairings). The vegetable recipes and some of the red meat and fish recipes were good, though I found some of the spices and flavorings to be a little weak (that's just my tastebuds though).

A lot of the recipes, however, are lacking: not only are some of the dessert and breakfast recipes under-measured, but in a couple of memorable recipes, very important steps have been left out- in one case the recipe forgot to include when to add the wine while tending to meat. Additionally, the recipes call for some pretty interesting ingredients: fresh clams are hard to get (unless you're on a coast), organic chervil gets pretty expensive, and I have yet to find veal shanks at my neighborhood grocery store.

It's a great coffee table cookbook, but in terms of a couple's first cookbook? It could be more accessible.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great as a Present or Starter Cookbook, July 18, 2006
This review is from: Williams-Sonoma Bride & Groom Cookbook (Hardcover)
First off, this book looks great. I have a collection of hand-me-down 'classics' (Beard, Joy, all that jazz) but none of them are very presentable. After getting married recently, we decided to get a new book and this one really stood out. I personally think the title (cooking together) is a little misleading, because there's not much really that would differentiate it from any other starter cookbook in that regard. It is more family oriented in meal choices, and gives some great pointers to get you moving around the kitchen. There is also excellent advice on meals, pairings etc. Overall its a very good resource, especially for a younger couple. And of course, thanks to the slipcover, it makes a great wedding or anniversary present!

5.0 out of 5 stars Over a hundred classic dishes for meals from breakfast to dinner, May 22, 2006
This review is from: Williams-Sonoma Bride & Groom Cookbook (Hardcover)
If you're seeking a shower or wedding gift for a couple who likes to cook or eat, BRIDE & GROOM COOKBOOK: RECIPES FOR COOKING TOGETHER is the item of choice for such a couple. The authors use their own experience as restaurant chefs and as a married couple to show how working families can use dozens of favorite dishes to create hundreds of family meals. Even though the authors are cooks, they don't presume any prior knowledge: the basics accompany over a hundred classic dishes for meals from breakfast to dinner and plenty of supportive tips from preparation and cooking times to a complexity scale between 1-4.

Diane C. Donovan, Editor

California Bookwatch

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift for Many Wedding Occassions, April 10, 2007
VUAOII04 (Birmingham, AL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Williams-Sonoma Bride & Groom Cookbook (Hardcover)
I ordered two copies of this book for different wedding occassions. The first was as a wedding gift. It was loved when received. The second occassion was for a his and her shower. As the bride and groom cookbook published by Williams-Sonoma, the recipes are all fantastic and are great for various occassions from casual dinner to a romantic evening, to meals to celebrate special occassions. As well as all types of meals, the recipes are also of varied cooking levels for beginner to expert, which allows new couples to begin cooking and develop their cooking skills as their relationships grow. HUGE RECOMMENDATION for any wedding occassion!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cookbook for Newly Engaged/Newly Married Couple, October 20, 2011
This review is from: Williams-Sonoma Bride & Groom Cookbook (Hardcover)
I just gave this as a gift to a couple that was recently engaged. They love to cook together, and they thought it was the coolest cookbook ever. Not only does it have recipes, but it has cool lists of what you should always have in your fridge, freezer, pantry, etc. It also has lots of cool information on wine. It is not only a cookbook of recipes. It teaches basic things about cooking/eating/drinking that all married couples should know! Great gift!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for newlyweds, December 2, 2009
This review is from: Williams-Sonoma Bride & Groom Cookbook (Hardcover)
This book is great for starting your own kitchen and lives! My fiancee and I received this book as an engagement gift and we love it. There are some delicious recipes in here, but what I love is the description of what a standard kitchen should have as far as tools, pantry staples, and other supplies. I also love the section about wine pairing, since I know nothing about wine. An all-around good cookbook for the new bride and groom!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, June 10, 2013
Caz (Washington, DC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Williams-Sonoma Bride & Groom Cookbook (Hardcover)
The Bride and Groom loved it! I hope someone give it to me someday! I've always wanted a book like this :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great present for any couple, June 7, 2013
This review is from: Williams-Sonoma Bride & Groom Cookbook (Hardcover)
Given as a bridal shower gift. The bride and groom like to cook together, so this was a great book of recipes they can try when they finally tie the knot. Nicely illustrated.

5.0 out of 5 stars cookbook, February 23, 2013
This review is from: Williams-Sonoma Bride & Groom Cookbook (Hardcover)
This was a wedding gift for friends.....great selection as they love it. We included a restaurant gift certificate with the gift. The book arrived in less than a week.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Williams-Sonoma Bride & Groom Cookbook
Williams-Sonoma Bride & Groom Cookbook by Gayle Pirie (Hardcover - March 14, 2006)
$34.95 $26.93