5.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad recipe in the bunch!
I was given this book as a gift 2 years ago and I can't say enough good things about it. I was a little shy of soup making at the time, but have been so amazed that every single recipe I've made from this book has been fantastic. I attribute that to well-written recipes, they really are fool proof.
I think you'll be happier with this book if you own a hand blender,...
Published on December 27, 2003 by C. Dedmon

3.0 out of 5 stars They were pleased with it
Was given as a gift to a friend who likes to cook. They were pleased with it.
Published 18 days ago by Vernetta Crowner

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad recipe in the bunch!, December 27, 2003
C. Dedmon "sdedmon" (North Grafton, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Williams-Sonoma Collection: Soup (Hardcover)
I think you'll be happier with this book if you own a hand blender, as nearly every recipe calls for some pureeing, and it is SO much easier with a hand blender.

5.0 out of 5 stars Soup Book, March 14, 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Williams-Sonoma Collection: Soup (Hardcover)
I think that this is a great soup book. All of the soups are very accessible in the variety of ingredients that they require and the 5-8 soups that I've made have been supurb. There is a soup for every occasion, and several for every season. If you enjoy soup, like to have easy recipes on hand as well as a few that make you feel a little like a real chef, this is the book for you. One of the three recipe books that I look at on a regular basis.

5.0 out of 5 stars Move Over Martha!, December 21, 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Williams-Sonoma Collection: Soup (Hardcover)
That is what a coworker said after I gave her a bowl of the Tuscon Tomato soup. This is a great book. The recipies are easy and delicious. I have made 6 of the soups so far and can hardly wait to try more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Please sir, I want some more,..., March 16, 2006
This review is from: Williams-Sonoma Collection: Soup (Hardcover)
"Yo Diggity", would be the phrase that comes to mind when I'm searching through my cook books and this one catches my eye. That or "booya". I can't decide. I love soup. A lot. I like making soup too and this book has really good recipes that are easy to follow. For the recipes that call for chicken, beef or vegetable stock,...if you like homemade stock better,(who doesn't) but don't know how to make it,..HAVE NO FEAR! SOUP will teach you. It has recipes for all kinds of soups,..miso, hot and sour, shrimp bisque, chowders,.. all kinds. This book simply excites me.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book warms the soul!, March 28, 2002
Alene C. "jelliebeanie" (San Jose, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Williams-Sonoma Collection: Soup (Hardcover)
Williams-Sonoma continues to impress me with its newest series of cookbooks, and SOUP is no exception. The recipes are easy to follow, and very specific to help ensure delicious results! I am able to create wonderful soups that look like the pictures, and taste even better! I highly recommend this book for all soup lovers!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite cookbooks!, June 19, 2010
This review is from: Williams-Sonoma Collection: Soup (Hardcover)
I have a huge collection of cookbooks and with most of them I will only use a few of the recipes. This cookbook has stood the test of time and is truly one of my favorites. I have tried the majority of recipes in this book, they are great and easy to follow. I am constantly referring back to them. I am getting pretty well known for my delicious soups thanks to this collection of recipes. As most cooks do, I have changed some of the recipes slightly to suit my taste. I did see a few reviews talking about this being a small book. Yes, it is a small book but packed with great recipes and totally worth it. I have used this book so much that I may have to purchase another one, some of the pages are really worn out which is a sign of a great cookbook. As far as I am concerned this book is an investment!

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, December 11, 2005
This review is from: Williams-Sonoma Collection: Soup (Hardcover)
I got this book about a week ago and it was so tempting that I have already made 3 soups! they were all great and super easy. Highly reccomended

5.0 out of 5 stars really amazing soups, January 25, 2010
cake girl (orange county, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Williams-Sonoma Collection: Soup (Hardcover)
I never write reviews but this book is soooo good that i felt compelled to tell others who are on the fence about buying it. i love soup and everything that i have made so far has turned out wonderfully. my soups dont really look like the pictures, but the taste is out of this world. i have made butternut squash, clam chowder (this one was good...but not great), tomato soup (phenomenal! i would even say that that recipe alone justifies buying this book), and crab and asparagus soup. the next soup i intend to try is chicken tortilla and i expect awesome results. get this book if you love soup!

5.0 out of 5 stars One Incredible Soup Book - From Ordinary to Lavish, November 9, 2010
This review is from: Williams-Sonoma Collection: Soup (Hardcover)
I have been cooking for many years (40+) and have always had a special foundness for Soups, I bought this book on a lark, as I make soup quite offten and wondered what I could gain from this book. The recipes looked delicious and easy to make and the Photo's were so colorful and tempting I couldn't resist it. From French Onion and Chicken Noodle to Tuscan Tomato Soup, Greek Avgolemono, Carrot with Ginger Soup, Italian Garlic Stracciatella, Peach Soup and so on.....I found so many new ideas for preperation and new ingredients, I haven't stopped cooking Soup since this spring. I have literally cooked my way through the book, and have not found one bad recipe. INCREDIBLE FUN, INCREDIBLE RECIPES, INCREDIBLE BOOK

5.0 out of 5 stars great cook book, November 23, 2009
This review is from: Williams-Sonoma Collection: Soup (Hardcover)
i first saw this book while at my dad's house, and I photo copied a few of the recipes. Then i stumbled across this book on Amazon, and i knew i had to get it! wonderful recipes full with pictures, I LOVE PICTURES!!

Williams-Sonoma Collection: Soup
Williams-Sonoma Collection: Soup by Diane Rossen Worthington (Hardcover - November 1, 2001)
$16.95 $11.30