Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Hardcover|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 2, 2015
I have several cook books in this series by Williams-Sonoma and I find them to be exceptionally well written and they tend to have very well shot pictures, too. The combination of the right wording together with some key photos make this book on soups a reference to use and follow from time to time without becoming dated. I find this series is not only attractively presented but the what's inside is what makes them a winner. This soup series includes classics such as Chicken Noodle Soup, Shrimp Bisque, and French Onion Soup as well as soups like Three-Mushroom Soup with Sherry, Curried Corn Soup, and Swiss Chard Soup. 120 pages.
review image
on November 20, 2013
A number of fresh new ideas, a large helping of classics, and pictures that show you what a finished presentation should look like. I made a number of these soups for my brother's wedding reception, and they all turned out fantastically well. A welcome addition to any kitchen.
on May 25, 2013
Marti Bowland

As long as you purchase this for a good price you will have a good value for your investment. This is a well-photographed cook book. It contains several classic soup recipes, several simple soups, dinner party soups, summer and winter soups, Chicken soups, and a nice section about soup basics, garnishes and accompaniments. Sounds divine!
on November 23, 2009
i first saw this book while at my dad's house, and I photo copied a few of the recipes. Then i stumbled across this book on Amazon, and i knew i had to get it! wonderful recipes full with pictures, I LOVE PICTURES!!
This is one of the best cookbooks that I own. I've been using it for nearly two years and have yet to be disappointed. This book offers a wide variety of soup recipes that can be enjoyed in cold weather and warm.
A lot of times dinner here is a soup from this book, salad, and crusty homemade bread. The recipes are relatively simple, require ingredients that are probably in most people's cupboards and/or easily accessible at the local grocery. I've gotten a lot of compliments on these soups when I've served them on a Superbowl or holiday buffet, but they work anytime you want comfort food.
on March 5, 2014
I've tried about a half dozen of the soups in the book. they have all been very easy, not overly complicated list of ingredients or processes. I bought two soup books at the same time and I believe there is a recipe in here for Beef, barley and mushroom soup, that is one of my favourites so far. Making the various soups has made me realize how easy it is to create nice soups which has been great for winter. I would recommend this one for a good selection of basic soups that are easy to make.
on September 27, 2011
I purchased this book because I had reviewed my daughter's copy, and enjoyed several of the soups prepared by her. I decided I needed my own copy. I am so glad that I did. The recipes are not too complicated for the beginner cook and the accompanying pictures are great. I have tried the split pea soup, the Tuscan tomato soup and the chicken soup and all were excellent. There were more recipes than I anticipated. A great purchase.
on December 27, 2014
Every recipe I have tried so far has been delicious with a capital D. The ingredients are easy to obtain and the instructions are well written. Helpful hints are provided. Having an immersion blender has made soup-making a breeze which is why I bought this book on recommendation by a friend.
VINE VOICEon June 19, 2014
These soups are really simple to make, taste good and each recipe is easy to follow with wonderful results.
What I like best is even a none cook, like me, can make them! Makes me feel like I'm helping in the kitchen.
Try a couple of these cookbooks. They have them for Italian, Chicken, Salads, Pasta, Veggies, etc.
on March 3, 2011
I've made a half dozen soups so far and they are all perfection. They range from the classic to the unusual. My fave discovery: zucchini puree. Who ever knew zucchini, fresh oregano and onion could taste like this? Also love the 3 mushroom soup with sherry. Only suggestions: use less stock than is called for to make soups a little thicker. Don't even buy this book unless you own an immersion blender. I gave my Cuisinart away.