Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

Format: HardcoverChange

on July 12, 2003
Let's face it, in America potatos are a traditional sidedish. This book actually teaches you how to use them to make everything from the simplest to most elegant dishes in an easy-to-follow fashion. I actually consider this to be one of my favorites in the collection because it does not require as many specialty ingredients as the other books.
0Comment30 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 24, 2003
We first checked this book out from the library, but soon it was apparent that no one in our family was going to let it be returned, so here I am to buy it!
Every recipe we have made has been wonderful. Many family favorites are contained here. And our favorite part? Pictures for EVERY recipe!
0Comment34 of 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 26, 2011
Loved this book. Great pictures. Love the side captions. Wiliam Sonoma does it right with these books. I own the entire collection and plan on having them for a very long time. Hopefully one day will be able to say I made every recipe in the book which seems possible. Some people my not like the limited number of recipes but I feel this is a great example of quality over quantity. Somebody really put some love in this book and it shows. Everything I have made so far has been great. Once you buy one you will want them all. Great way to explore one of my favorite vegetables.
on January 2, 2007
THIS BOOK HAS GREAT RECIPES FOR EVERY TYPE OF POTATO DISH YOU WANT TO MAKE. IT'S DIVIDED UP BY DIFFERENT CLASSES, LIKE "THE CLASSICS" WHICH HAS RECIPES FROM "CLASSIC" POTATO DISHES. EACH SECTION HAS SOME TRADITIONAL AND SOME DIFFERENT RECIPES FOR EVERYONE'S FAVORITE TUBER. CHECK OUT THE OTHER WILLIAMS-SONOMA COOKBOOKS AS WELL. ALL ARE GREAT IN MY OPINION.
0Comment15 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 19, 2011
If you love potatoes like we do you will love this book. It is full of great recipes that include the "classics" as well as some we've never seen before. While the recipes are wonderful and fairly simple the illustrations are fabulous! Just browsing through the book and looking at the pictures makes your mouth water!
on August 11, 2013
Wow, I own quite a few of the Williams Sonoma cookbooks, but this one is the best I've purchased. I read one of the non-glowing reviews about this book and am really perplexed that the person stated there was not a good selection of recipes. I'm shocked because I just received the book a few days ago, and sticky-tagged all the recipes I'll be making for my family in the next month or so. There are side-dish recipes, potatoes for breakfast recipes (delicious looking oven roasted hash browns that look yummy...), potato pancakes, Thanksgiving accompaniments, and all sorts of beautiful recipes, yet they seem easy to prepare. Photos are gorgeous too.

Potatoes are a staple at my home and we don't eat a huge portion of them at dinner, but do like a little potato side dish at our meals. I usually cook them at least 3-4 times a week, so this book is really going to come in handy for my family.

This book is great and since it's been out a while, you should be able to pick it up for the phenomenal price of 1 cent (which is what I paid), plus $3.99 for shipping. Book was in great condition (actually better than advertised condition). I don't hesitate to purchase books for a penny anymore because they're in good to great shape. Why pay more?
on April 1, 2014
I bought this book as a gift for a friend's birthday. It has great pictures to accompany each recipe and the recipes looked delicious. My friend loved it. I only gave it four stars because since I gave it away, I did not try any of the recipes myself so I can't say how difficult they were or how they tasted/turned out.
on December 29, 2013
Have a friend who is unnaturally obsessed with a vegetable? I do, he LOVED this book beyond all natural reason. Williams-Sonoma has a whole collecting of everything you ever wanted to know about a vegetable and recipes to cook it.
on February 6, 2014
Bought this potato recipe book for a young man! College Student. He loves potatoes. Needed a gift for him.
He uses it as a coffee table book to stimulate conversation as well as a recipe book.
on May 28, 2015
Recipes begin on page 10 and end on page 103. Each recipe takes up 2 pages ( the written recipe and a full-page color photo). The recipes are easy to create, but elegant enough to serve to guest.