Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on February 10, 2010
This cookbook is amazing. I've made numerous (and I mean numerous) recipes and they always live up to the expectations. The shepherd's pie is a favorite! I also enjoy the sample menus in the back of book featuring seasonal ingredients. The recipes are straightforward and usually don't contain hard to find items. I live in a very small town and sometimes it can be a problem. I enjoyed this book so much, I gave a copy to each of my children.
on June 7, 2011
I have had this cookbook for a while and I cannot say enough good things about it! Every recipe that I have tried has been delicious. If you are looking for typical, heavy, uninspired food, this is not the cookbook for you. If Greek-style tomato and feta tart or spaghettini with cauliflower pesto sound good to you, then you will love this cookbook. None of the ingredients were hard to find and the photography is beautiful!
on July 19, 2012
I LOVE this book.....I have made so many recipes from it:

I have a food blog called Stacey Snacks, and have showcased many of the recipes on my website.

The beet carpaccio, the watermelon salad w/ feta and olives, the cauliflower pesto, the white bean and slow roasted tomato salad....the list goes on and on.

Simple recipes using fresh ingredients of the season with beautiful photographs. Nothing fussy here, just great ideas and great food!
on July 24, 2012
This is a great book if you love entertaining! Each section shows how you can eat seasonally and provides a lot of different ways to mix and match plates. Their suggestions on themes, ideas and how to entertain are very helpful!
I picked this up because I have loved every other WS cookbook I've gotten my hands on; I was sadly disappointed with this one. The recipes were decidedly "fancy" foods, likely only to appeal to adults and those of certain tastes besides. These are not recipes I could use for general get-togethers with friends or family. The few that had more broad appeal were variations on common standards that most of us already have recipes for (fish en papiote, glazed duck). If you're throwing a high-end dinner party or need unique cocktail ideas, give this a shot. Otherwise, skip it for the more promising books in this series.
11 comment5 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 12, 2013
Love it!
Recipes are simple with easy to find ingredients.
What makes the recipes special are the combinations and pairings of ingredients.
Great way to vamp up everyday cooking.
on January 3, 2014
I bought this book used and it came in excellent condition. The recipe's are seasonal and simple. A must read.
on December 31, 2014
I'm excited to try most recipes. I love the photographs. They make presentation a breeze.
on September 11, 2015
Everything is great in this book - especially the deserts !
on February 4, 2015