Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Willie Nelson and Friends - Outlaws & Angels” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 30% off the $9.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Willie Nelson and Friends - Outlaws & Angels
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
This show, hosted by James Caan, features a laundry list of music's biggest names. Kid Rock, Bob Dylan, Keith Richards, Carole King, Merle Haggard, Toby Keith and many more perform with Willie on some of his and country music's biggest hits! This show was recorded in May 2004 in Los Angeles.
1. Georgia On A Fast Train / Ramblin' Fever - w/ Toby Keith, Joe Walsh & Merle Haggard
2. You Win Again - w/ Bob Dylan
3. Shotgun Willie / Shotgun Bobby - w/ Kid Rock
4. Funny How Time Slips Away - w/ Al Green
5. Rainin' In My Heart - w/ Al Green
6. One With The Sun - w/ Shelby Lynne
7. Stormy Weather - w/ Shelby Lynne
8. Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow - w/ Carole King
9. Still Is Still Moving To Me - w/ Toots Hibbert
10. Midnight Rider - w/ Ben Harper
11. Pressure Drop - Toots Hibbert & Ben Harper
12. I'll Never Be Free - w/ Lee Ann Womack
13. Opportunity To Cry - w/ The Holmes Brothers
14. Cisco Kid - w/ Los Lonely Boys
15. Pancho & Lefty - w/ Toby Keith & Merle Haggard
16. Overtime - w/ Lucinda Williams
17. Mama Tried - w/ Merle Haggard
18. Comes Love - w/ Rickie Lee Jones
19. We Had It All - w/ Keith Richards
20. Trouble In Mind - w/ Keith Richards, Merle Haggard & Jerry Lee Lewis
21. Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On - w/ Kid Rock & Jerry Lee Lewis
22. I'll Fly Away / On The Road Again - ensemble
Top Customer Reviews
vocals while he's distracting himself by PRETENDING to play the guitar he's holding. KEITH RICHARD tries to get in a couple of decent licks in the old Blues Standard TROUBLE IN MIND only to be shut out by a geriatric JERRY LEE LEWIS flailing away.
Better served are the duets with the ladies. LUCINDA & WILLIE's version of Lucinda's smokey Ballad OVERTIME is one of the highlights as are tracks by SHELBY LYNNE and RICKIE LEE JONES.
Do yourself a favor and start the Disc about midway around Willie's duets w/TOOTS HIBBERTS from the reggae band TOOTS & THE MAYTALS. The second half of this disc is stronger by far.
Also, while the sound isnt bad (5.1 Dolby Digital AND DTS) the crack back-up band is buried in the background of the mix.
Also the introductions of the Guest Artists by some disembodied voice from Backstage that sounds like the announcer
from the Hollywood Squares (this show was Broadcast on cable TV first in a Truncated version) get real old / real quick!!
A bit of a dissapointment. You might fare better by spending your
Pesos on Willie's new Studio album IT ALWAYS WILL BE.
I will buy the DVD, even though I have the CD, simply and only because I want to have Los Lonely Boys and Willie performing together, when they all 4 are having the time of their lives.
I do like Willie because he is very versatile and a great person. I enjoy several of his songs.
This DVD has a nice variety of performers and selection of music to make it worth while. Willie's friends appearing are: Bob Dylan, Keith Richards, Toby Keith, Kid Rock, Al Green, Merle Haggard, Ben Harper, Toots Hibbert, the Holmes Brothers, Rickie Lee Jones, Carole King, Jerry Lee Lewis, Los Lonely Boys, Shelby Lynne, Joe Walsh, Lucinda Williams and Lee Ann Womack.
Although I am not crazy about Kid Rock or Jerry Lee Lewis; their performances together were hilarious and very entertaining.
This is a fun DVD to watch and I am glad I added this to my collection. You can't beat the variety of music, performers and the fun they are having together onstage. And you get well over an hour and a half of entertainment.
Great. I watch this DVD everytime I have time, because they are
totally wonderful. Great music. A music lover.
The artists on this DVD are Willie Nelson, Toby Keith, Joe Walsh, Merle Haggard, Bob Dylan, Kid Rock, Al Green, Shelby Lynne, Carole King, Toots Hibbert, Ben Harper, Lee Ann Womack, The Holmes Brothers, Lucinda Williams, Los Lonely Boys, Rickie Lee Jones, Keith Richards and Jerry Lee Lewis. As you can imagine each artists sings the songs that make him/her famous and Willie knows all of the songs and sings along when possible. For me, it was an enjoyable experience. Maybe you will enjoy it too.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought 2 CDs and neither works.Waste of money and since I opened them I can't return them.I'd give zero stars if the option was available.Published 11 days ago by bruce allen