Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on April 8, 2006
Wow! I thought I was advanced with the heavy duty cardio and weight lifting (lots of Cathe stuff) I've been doing, but this workout had me crying for mercy! It's fun, it's ultra challenging and totally different than anything I've ever done! The cardio portion is only 17 min. long, but the 15 min. warm up before hand is no walk in the park. If you put some effort into the warm up, you could definitely consider it cardio, giving you 32 min. of cardio. The core work at the end is no traditional crunches and lifts. Some tough plank work, stability work on all fours, a deceptively easy-looking dead bug series, and some bridge work at the end that had me shaking! Throughout, there are yoga moves and a lot of balancing work. The entire workout is done barefoot, which actually makes it more challenging to keep your balance and stability. Stacey and her crew show three levels of each exercise, so it's do-able for anyone, but beginners will definitely be working extra hard! All in all, a well rounded workout, which is a good addition to your routine if you're mostly doing traditional stuff. Makes you realize how many muscles you have that you maybe aren't working. Beware, though, it is different, so if you're not into that, you may not like it. Also, there are plenty of squats in the warm up and cardio portions, but they are actually fun! Give it a try!
on June 8, 2006
I read the reviews and since they described it as challenging, I thought I'd try it to add something new to my routine. However, I didn't really think it would be that big of a challenge because I currently run, lift weights, and do yoga, with some pilates, Tae-bo, and spinning thrown in on occasion. Boy, was I surprised! This had me utterly wiped out at the end, and left me with sore muscles the next day. I didn't even think I could get sore muscles anymore...

The warm-up is a psuedo cardio session in and of itself, but by the end of the 17 min. actual cardio workout I was wondering if I could even make it to the end. The instructor has different levels that the viewer can follow, 3 being the most advanced, 1 for beginners. At first, I could literally only do level 1, but now I am able to do mostly level 2, with a a few level 3 moves thrown in. Sometimes, just closing your eyes during a balancing move is considered level 3. The 9 min.stretching portion between the cardio section and the core workout provide a nice break, yet keeps your heart-rate up a bit. The 25 min. core workout is a a great antidote to the cardio section, nonetheless, it is still quite a workout! By the end, I am shaking, and relieved it is at an end, because I certainly am! I would highly recommend this program to anyone seeking to challenge and maximize their exercise routine.
on June 29, 2006
This video workout has lots and lots of squats, so please be prepared for that! and I meant ALOT!

Usually I get sore muscles the 2nd day prior to the workout, but after I did this video, I immediately noticed that my gluts are sore... and the next day was even worse...

Aslo, the entire workout was done in a very fast speed with full range of motion, so safety is also something you want to watch out when you are doing it.
on April 17, 2006
I've done this workout twice ( although I haven't had time to tack on the core strength section) and really like it a lot. The constant variations on lunges and squats keep you moving and you really do feel it. The instructor is very likeable and inspiring. A knee injury and splintery floor have kept me from trying this barefoot ( although the Mei shoes I wear get pretty close), but I think it's a great idea. In fact, I recommend this workout to any dancer who works barefoot ( bellydancers, contemporary dancers, etc) as a great crosstraining tool.
on April 4, 2014
This is a real great workout. Its not high impact but it sure does work out your body. No equipment required, not even shoes. I actually find it to be better bare footed. I would call this a muscle and strength work out and a super nice cool down at the end. It has become one of my favorite DVD's when I am in the mood for a decent workout without the heart pounding.
on May 20, 2007
Stacey Lei's style is very controlled. It's a mixture of Pilates, Yoga and Body Sculpting exercises all rolled into one. If your following her technique correctly you'll definitely feel it the next day. Her demeanor is relaxed but motivating at the same time.
on July 12, 2006
This is a great workout. It's the first dvd I have of Stacey's but I really like it and based on this one, I'd definately buy more of hers down the track.

After a 15 minute warmup, there is floor aerobics for about 18 minutes, then nice stretches and then to finish off, there is floor toning. It's tough, but fun because you have to challenge yourself. The cardio section is using a lot (A LOT) of squats and lunges, and the arm movements are optional (you'll see why when you try this for yourself). The floor workout at the end is a lot of pilates movements so that's good for your core, making this a complete workout to get your heart pumping and your fat burning. I highly recommend this, because it's definately going to give you results. I've seen them already even after 12 days. I like this alot.
on January 14, 2007
I take Stacey's class at Equinox in San Francisco, and she's kept me coming back for WillPower for over two years now. I take this with me on business trips so I can keep up my workout on the road. If you want a challenge that will always leave you sore, this is it!
on October 1, 2006
The first time I did this workout was the morning after a long day of international travel. I felt sluggish and achy. For some reason I decided to workout that day and I was so grateful I did. At the time (I was intermediate) I followed the level 1 student and was I ever panting and taking water breaks! The details of the workout have been well explained by other reviewers so you know what it's basically about. When I was done, I felt relaxed, stretched and more limber throughout my body. I actually felt more energized, more clear headed and balanced than when I started! With the 3 levels, one can grow with this workout or adapt to the body's needs. I have a delicate back and I haven't had any problems. Just doing this 2x a week for 3 weeks I noticed a marked improvement in my endurance while doing other videos. I'm now an advanced exercizer and recently discovered I still enjoy this workout so it'll be back in my rotation. It has 3 chapters: Warm up & Cardio, Stretch and Core. The entire workout is about 65 minutes or you can break it down.

Great cuing, no crazy, difficult moves and Stacy's encourages you without being over the top with the enthusiam. A wonderful workout!
on April 5, 2008
I was sore for days after I finished 3/4's of the routine the first time I tried it [skipped the core part because I didn't have time]. The next time I did it and finished the whole thing, my body was aching bad for days [again]. I like it though-'coz I know I'd feel worked out after I'm done with it but days later, I'd still have a hard time walking and climbing the stairs. My thighs and buns were sore. It's very different. Just 10 min. into it and I was already feeling it and starting to break a sweat. NO jumping around but LOTS of squats/lunges on the cardio part and I was breathing hard. The poses on the core part were so long and I'd be shaking. A good DVD to include in my collection. You could take this on vacations 'coz there are no equipment required. I gave it just 4 stars because I recommend it to anyone who wants a challenge but I don't do this a lot because I'm kinda scared of the challenge....weird but true. Maybe I should do this more often so the soreness would eventually go away. I found this harder than Billy Blanks' Bootcamp or Jari Love's DVDs. I'd do Leslie Sansone's DVDs the next days just to recover from Stacey's routine....