5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME ALBUM!!!!!
Published 18 months ago by LyChelle Lawrence

1.0 out of 5 stars will.i.steal
Published 20 months ago by tegoi

1.0 out of 5 stars will.i.steal, April 27, 2013
This review is from: #willpower [Explicit] (MP3 Music)
absolute rubbish. aside from the clip "highlights" themselves being completely unimaginative and dull with lyrics that could be best described as Peter Griffin would say "shallow and pedantic" even for modern commercial pop music standards, will.i.am has been caught stealing tracks from multiple artists and using them regardless of permission on his own for profit albums much less sampling it for mixtape purposes.

I fully understand the borrowing of other artists' music creatively, but this is straight ridiculous. The track "Let Go" is complete plagiarism from Mat Zo and Arty's "Rebound" and he has the audacity to say they should be GRATEFUL that he did. If you don't believe me..

read: http://www.forbes.com/sites/emmawoollacott/2013/04/24/will-i-am-admits-stealing-song-accidentally/

listen: http://soundisstyle.com/2013/04/will-i-steal-a-timeline-of-tracks-stolen-by-will-i-am.html

compare: sample of track 5 "Let Go" to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXQhVmnNmxk @ 2:25.

Need I say more? This can't even be called "music".

------6/15/2013-----
Funny, I come back and happen to find my links had all been replaced by [...]. Well, they're back for your perusal. HOPEFULLY, the powers that be here don't try to undermine my very substantiated opinion.

1.0 out of 5 stars One star is too high for this garbage, April 29, 2013
This review is from: #willpower [Explicit] (MP3 Music)
To paraphrase Robert Ebert's (RIP) review of the movie Battlefield Earth, listening to will.i.am's album is "like taking a bus trip with someone who has needed a bath for a long time. It's not merely bad; it's unpleasant in a hostile way."

1.0 out of 5 stars Just generic over-done pop music for commercial sales..., April 27, 2013
This review is from: #willpower [Explicit] (MP3 Music)
There is nothing unique nor exciting about this album that will make it stand out from Will.I.Am's previous efforts as a solo "artist" or when he was an active member of Black Eyed Peas for that matter.

I'm not going to go in-depth on this album with my review.

For the most part, this album is a sad attempt by Will.I.Am to simply make some money by cashing in on the growing popularity of EDM here in the United States. Some of the beats and sound arrangements from his tracks are one of the following two items:

1) Stolen from other artists without clearance from their respective record labels. There's a difference between sampling and stealing. P. Diddy, Kanye West and Jay-Z samples other artists' music only after they asked permission and received the consent and clearance by both the artists and their respective record labels. Will.I.Am doesn't do that. He simply steals and pleads ignorance. He's done that with lots of his music in the past as a solo artist and when he was part of Black Eyed peas. google it online and you will find what I meant.

2) Tired rehash of his previous works. Instead of auto-tuned Fergie whining along Will.I.Am's rapping, you're going to get an auto-tuned Britney Spears instead layered over sounds you would have heard 5 years ago.

You won't get much from this album except for generic pop music meant for playing on Top 40 radio or parties attended by 19 year olds.

Will.I.Am doesn't have the creativity nor genius of a producer/artist like Pharrel Williams.

If you like boring and uninspired music, then this is for you I suppose. Enjoy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Trash, April 27, 2013
This review is from: #willpower (MP3 Music)
After stupidly purchasing this album, I must say that I've given it a few listens and have to come to the conclusion that it is completely and utter garbage. Every song sounds ripped off from someone way more talented. Don't waste your $5 as I did.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wow., April 29, 2013
This review is from: #willpower [Explicit] (MP3 Music)
No sense to waste or mince words. This album sucks even more than the past work by Will.I.Am (and BEP). Utter mess of lyrics if you can call them that and a ridiculous amount of copying and theft from other songs or ideas. 0 Stars.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wow this is horrendously bad stuff!, April 25, 2013
Timmy D. (Whitehall, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: #willpower [Explicit] (MP3 Music)
Still scratching my head at this Grammy winning "artist". The Black Eyed Peas are bad enough...well, REAL bad. But this dreck is so painfully inane that you lose hope for musical humanity.

Saw him on "Dancing With The Stars" recently & it was embarrassing. Lame break moves, ridiculous pants & lyrics SO pitiful a middle school kid could write better. Not to mention the incredibly overused electronic vocal nonsense.

Now let me get this straight...this guy has won a boatload of Grammys with lyrics such as the following which appear on this travesty...

"I be rockin' wit u. We are buring brighter than the sun tonight when I'm rockin' wit u. So everybody have fun tonight, cause I just wanna have fun tonight wit u."

"Say hell yeah, this is love, this is love, this is love."

"They watching us. I wanna scream & shout & let it out." (repeated over & over & over)(ARE YOU ABSOLUTELY KIDDING ME???). Then add no talent Britney Spears using some lame British accent & recycling her shining moment phrase "It's Britney Beotch". Is this supposed to be a comedy album?

"We gettin' dumb."

"Here we go, here we go, here we here we go."

"Igloo, igloo, igloo...cool...big willy stay chilly...my money so funny it's silly."

"I'm alive, I'm alive, I'm alive, I can fly, I can fly, I can fly."

"You pick me up when I fall down." (Wow, original!)

"In the ghetto, in the ghetto, in the ghetto" (as sung by a little kid)...then he goes into some diatribe about crappy parents & the perpetuation of the same cliches that unfortunately persist in America...I'll tell you what brother, this crap music isn't helping.

Seriously...this is the best you have to offer Mr. Grammy? A Grammy certainly doesn't mean much anymore if this stuff qualifies.

All the progress in America & this is the kind of stuff we are feeding the masses? Dr. Martin Luther King would be so proud (especially for the pathetic grammar). This is what he fought for? A mockery of all his triumphs.

Do yourself a favor & find some REAL music. There are 1000's of starving artists with talent. Why patronize garbage? If people keep buying crap, that's what they'll keep making. I suppose you get what you pay for. For the sake of humanity...dig for some better music. It's out there...they just don't play it on the pathetic radio.

ZERO STARS...Pitiful.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME ALBUM!!!!!, June 12, 2013
This review is from: #Willpower (Audio CD)
Will.i.am is an unvelievable artist/musician! I LOVE Black Eyed Peas, so I assumed Will.i.am's solo work would be just as excellent and I was NOT disappointed! This album leans more toward the techno dance genre on certain songs, but they are all great songs. Will.i.am has created some great collaborations on this album. It is difficult to express in words the feeling this album evokes. If you love Black Eyed Peas, you will want this album. It's like a look inside Will.i.am's head, and I like what I se!

1.0 out of 5 stars Negative stars., February 5, 2014
Really?
THIS is the type of stuff that wins the grammys?
THIS is the stuff that is "popular"
THIS is the stuff that kids beg their parents for?
Please excuse me while I go kill myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it, May 15, 2013
This review is from: #Willpower (Audio CD)
Great workout music! I enjoy listening to this style of music which keeps me pumped up. I think Will should have gotten more credit for this album. No different than what T Pain does and still get more credit. Just my opinion.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sad, May 1, 2013
This review is from: #willpower [Explicit] (MP3 Music)
Not very good could if done way better. First song "hello" awful just awful. Like geekin lyrics could of been ten times better

#Willpower
#Willpower by will.i.am (Audio CD - 2013)