5.0 out of 5 stars An Illustration is Worth a 1,000 Words!, November 20, 1997
This review is from: Will's Mammoth (Hardcover)
Will's Mammoth is a wonderful picture book, with a good story line. I have used this book to help children learn the writing process. In the current classroom (2nd grade)we are doing a unit on dinosaurs and I read Will's Mammoth to the children and then showed the illustrations. I had the children look close to the details of the illustrations and then they wrote discriptive sentences about the page of their choice. The students used their imagination to write their sentences and stories. You will be suprised at the outcome of any child's story within the Story of Will's Mammoth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute book for my "Will!", September 29, 2010
EG (Blacksburg, VA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Will's Mammoth (Paperback)
My son's name is Will, and this is the only book I've been able to find about a kid with his name. The art in this book is great and I love the imagination and spirit of the boy Will! There aren't words on every page so sometimes you have to narrate yourself, but with a 3-year-old that's kind of fun because after a few times through the book, he can narrate it himself. And now he even knows what a wooly rhinoceros is, who knew?

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a classroom favorite!, June 8, 2014
This review is from: Will's Mammoth (Hardcover)
This book has beautiful illustrations. It has few words which allows children to use their imagination just as Will does in the story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Charming Book with Charming Illustrations, March 15, 2011
This review is from: Will's Mammoth (Hardcover)
This book was a favorite of my four children - even my daughter. Will, in the story, spends a winter day in imaginary adventures with his woolly mammoth. It has few words and beautiful illustrations, enabling my children to 'read' the story to me. "Will's Mammoth" is the book we choose now for every young child's birthday.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, January 28, 2002
This review is from: Will's Mammoth (Hardcover)
This book is great for not only kids but adults too. It is very creative and there is so much detailed art work done with colored pencils. It's a GREAT BOOK!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars almost wordless book, August 31, 2006
This review is from: Will's Mammoth (Hardcover)
The story is a bit scary for me. The illustrations are exquisite.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully Illustrated, October 22, 1998
This review is from: Will's Mammoth (Hardcover)
I love this book so much I bought a second copy so I could frame some of the pictures. Stepehn Gammell is a wonderfull artist..

Will's Mammoth
Will's Mammoth by Rafe Martin (Hardcover - September 6, 1989)
Used & New from: $0.01