5.0 out of 5 stars Best Indoor Basketball
Published on October 20, 2006 by Guest

1.0 out of 5 stars received defective or counterfeit product
I agree with everyone else that this is one of the best basketballs. However when I bought it from Amazon I received one with a noticeably different surface which was very slick, without the cushiony grip that makes it so great. Also the name "Wilson" was not outlined in gold which is different from the authentic ones I have seen. My suspicion is that I received a...
Published on September 24, 2009 by T K

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Indoor Basketball, October 20, 2006
Guest (Fairfax, VA) - See all my reviews
I play basketball regularly, indoor and outdoor, in organized leagues, tournaments, in pick-up games, and for fun. I have played with many basketballs over the years, from Moltens to almost the entire line of Spaldings to almost the entire line of Wilsons. The Evolution is by far the best ball I've ever used. I have been using the Evolution that I currently own for over 7 years now, strictly indoors. It has always had superb grip, a wonderful soft feeling that you dont get with any other brands, and just great feel when it rolls off your fingers. In almost every open gym court I go to, where everyone brings their own ball, my Evolution is always the preferred ball picked by everyone to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, August 16, 2005
I love this ball it is the best indoor ball I have ever had the pleasure to play with. Way better than those infusions and other synthetic leather balls. The reason this ball is so great is because of the grip of the ball. Very soft in your hands, you feel in control the entire time. The ball will never get away from you. The grip also never deteriorates over time, that is unless you decide to use the ball outdoors. If your looking for a good indoor ball than this is the ball for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best indoor ball. Period. And it's not even close., January 12, 2012
As owner and founder of evolved exercise.com, I can and will ONLY endorse the best. This is it. Simple.

Got this ball about a week ago, and I've played with it 3 nights already. Love it to death.

This is THE baller's ball. There is just no question which ball we play with when I show up to the courts (indoor of course) - everybody knows that the EVOLUTION is a step above, it's. just. that. simple. If you're a shooter - get this ball, the touch leaving your hand is incredible. If you're a ball-handler - get this ball, it has awesome control and flow to its bounce. Hell, if you're just learning the game - get this ball, because it will GROW your passion for the game.

Funny, too, I received this at my door and NEEDED to test it out that night. So I showed up two night's ago with this ball and another guy had brought (what appeared to be) a brand new Spalding Microfiber Composite Leather ball (Likely meant to be the Wilson Evolution's competitive counter?? AND actually one I had considered purchasing on Amazon before finally deciding on the Wilson). So I got to take a comparative look directly at the Spalding...and it's just not quiiiiiiite as good. The Microfiber Composite Leather a little on the Hard side actually, less porous than the Wilson...so it's a little more 'slippery' leaving your hand and harder to the hand on the dribble and pass...You know? So, anyway, they HAD been playing with the Spalding, because it's an overall really GOOD ball, that is... until I came ...then when the game ended and the next was about to begin, they asked me to trade balls so they could play with mine instead. Yeah. That's what's up ;)

Final Thoughts?? If you're in the market for a basketball, DON'T go and buy a cheap $20 one from Target or Walmart ....SPEND THE EXTRA $25 (b/c free shipping, right??) TRUST ME and get THE ONLY BALL YOU'LL EVER WANT TO PLAY WITH. the EVOLUTION!!

Yes I love this ball AND Basketball that much to use CAPS. :-p

Remember, I can and only endorse the best!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wilson Evolution, April 4, 2009
Eli (Florence, OR) - See all my reviews
The Wilson Evolution is a great indoor basketball at a good price. I have always preferred wilson basketballs to other brands. My old ball was getting worn out (Wilson Solution), so I decided to get an evolution this time. I play basketball 1 to 3 times per week, and an evolution is used most of the time (a couple of other people also have them).

My old solution ball would get used some of the time, but it gets dirty extremely quickly (after 2 or 3 nights of playing). The solution costs more and is a great basketball, but it does require cleaning. Other people seem to like the evolution better than the solution.

My top 2 choices of indoor basketball are the evolution and the solution. The main reasons I choose the evolution was it seems to be the people's choice with the groups I play with, and it costs less than the solution.

If I had it to do over again, I would buy this ball again. I have played with many different indoor basketballs and some are comparable to the feel and quality of the Wilson evolution, but none are better. In my opinion it is the best ball you can buy at this price. You can pay more but you won't find any better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Indoor Basketball, October 20, 2006
Guest (Fairfax, VA) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but still second best, December 12, 2008
I needed two new indoor only basketballs so I purchased the Wilson evolution and the Wilson solution NCCAA game balls. They both are excellent and in my opinion are the two bet basketballs on the market. However, after playing with both of them in games my personal preference between the two is the solution game ball. You really can't go wrong with either one. It's all about personal preference. Give them both a try before you make a purchase. Good luck

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent in-door basketball, August 17, 2012
The evolution ball is the best indoor leather ball (in the $80 and under price range) This is our 2nd evolution ball and I would recommend to anyone who plays indoors (Note - not for outdoors). This ball is always selected as 'the ball' to be used in pickup and league games. Just be aware due to the favorable conditions of the ball, it will be a target for some to take home for own (this is why we ordering a 2nd ball). The ball was $45 on amazon - no shipping vs. $59 the local sporting goods super store

5.0 out of 5 stars Elevate your game, April 25, 2014
I have crossed so many fools and broken so many ankles it's not even fun anymore. With Wilson evolution I am running out of competition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best ball, February 15, 2006
Ray Mooney (San Diego, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This is the best basketball I've ever played with. It's reasonably priced, has a great feel and works indoors or out. It's got a grippy feel that actually seems to get better once it's been broken in a bit, so it actually improves over time. It's designed as an indoor ball, but works great on finished concrete courts. When I take it to my regular Saturday morning games, it's always chosen as game ball. It would likely get roughed up quickly on asphalt, but for the price, you can afford it. I've owned five in a row and wouldn't own any other ball.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Indoor Ball, December 3, 2008
I have played all my life and used hundreds of different game balls. This is by far one of the best. It is almost perfect right out of the box, I have been using it for about 4 weeks, and it is already broken in. It's just sticky enough to get a great spin on your shot and allow for easy palming. As the other reviews have said, I don't think I would take it outdoors that would ruin it. I am coming off a top rated Spaulding, but I don't think I will ever go back.