From no signal to 5 bars signal strength in some locations inside. This Wilson booster system did the job.
Obviously you have to have some cell phone signal outside for it to work. In this case there was no signal or unreliable signal outside in the yard. However on top of chimney there were 5 bars.

LESSON LEARNED AND TOPICS TO UNDERSTAND
There are...
Published on December 17, 2011 by Internet shopper

The manufacturer commented on the review below
Published 23 months ago by J. Nicholson

5.0 out of 5 stars How can I improve cell phone reception inside the house - SOLVED, December 17, 2011
This review is from: Wilson Electronics DB Pro Indoor Cellular Signal Booster Kit for the Entire House - Retail Packaging - Gray (Wireless Phone Accessory)

LESSON LEARNED AND TOPICS TO UNDERSTAND
There are some decisions to make before selecting this kit with the 13" OMNIDIRECTIONAL antenna versus the shorter YAGI antenna which comes in this kit Wilson Electronics 841263 = Wilson Electronics 841262 DB Pro 65 dB Adjustable Gain 800/1900MHz In-building Wireless Smart Technology IITM Signal Booster Kit with Directional Wide Band Yagi and Panel Antenna for Home or Office..

For me the omnidirectional antenna worked well (or let's say I got away with it).
But before you purchase a system you want to consider...

SIGNAL AVAILABILITY
If you only have one or two bars at the location WHERE YOU INTEND TO INSTALL THE EXTERIOR ANTENNA buy the Yagi type. It is directional and will be able to pick up weaker signals and connect to a tower farther away.
If you have two to three bars you can PROBABLY use the 13" omnidirectional antenna.
You will get the best signal from the Yagi type antenna. So the Yagi should be your first choice unless the cell phones in your house connect to different towers in different directions.

ONE OR MORE TOWERS
If all carriers are transmitting from the same tower a Yagi will work but if one cell phone provider's tower is in one direction and the other one is in another direction you will need an omnidirectional antenna in order for users of both networks to be covered by the antenna/booster.

In my case I did not know where the towers were located or what phone connected to what. I therefore selected the kit with the omnidirectional antenna.

SIGNAL STRENGTH
I had either no service or one to two bars on the grounds around the house and no service inside the house. However on top of the chimney 25 feet in the air I had full signal on my phone (5 bars) all the time. Unfortunately the chimney was at the end of the house that was farthest away from the tower. The manual tells you to mount the antenna on the end of the house nearest the tower.
While hunting for a PRACTICAL location I measured 2 to 3 bars (with my cell phone) on the inside of an attic vent on the end of the house facing the tower. It turned out (as one can expect) that the larger 13" Wilson antenna picked up more signal than the small antenna in my cell phone so I eventually ended up with more bars in the room where the internal antenna was mounted above the ceiling. At first I was only able to get 3 to 4 bars but eventually ended up with 4 to 5 bars (See "Turkey Roasting Pan" below).
Had I used the Yagi antenna I would probably have had 5 bars consistently. The Yagi puts out double the signal strength around 850 MHz and more than double in the 1900 MHz band (these are the bands used by US cell phone providers for voice and some for data).

A WORD ABOUT SIGNAL STRENGTH
Some reviewers highlight that it is impossible to get more bars inside a house, by installing a booster system, than the number of bars they measure where the exterior antenna is mounted or going to be mounted. The statement is correct if they measure the signal strength outside using the same external antenna they intend to put up as part of the booster system.
This can be done because some cell phones are equipped with an external antenna connection on the back/bottom of the phone or behind a label in the battery compartment.
Antennas have different gain. The higher the gain the higher the efficiency and the stronger the signal they can deliver to your cell phone (and eventually to your phone via the booster system). Wilson's website lists the dB gain for the various antenna types.
In my case I did not have a cell phone that could connect to an external antenna nor did I have the antenna that came with the kit (when I did the initial planning).
But one thing is for sure, if you use your cell phone to measure the signal strength where you plan to install the exterior antenna you are in for a positive surprise when you install the exterior omnidirectional antenna or even a bigger surprise with a directional Yagi type.
Some phones has a Field Test Mode hidden in a menu and others like the Nokia Symbian phones offers an Energy Profiler app. Either one will allow you to measure the actual signal strength in dB rather than in bars.
Had I had this feature, it would have been possible to provide actual signal strength as dB values in this review rather than bars. It would also have made it possible to calculate the impact of different lengths of cable runs and to predict coverage areas. Wilson's website has a calculator for this purpose.

AMPLIFIER (BOOSTER) LOCATION
You want to install the amplifier (signal booster) near the antenna (using as short a cable as possible). The 20 foot* cable worked well for me. I actually shortened it to 12 feet.
The longer the cable the more noise and signal loss you will incur. Also the amplifier will amplify the noise (penetrating the cable) as well.

*The kit comes with 20, 30 and 50 foot antenna cables and an RG6 Female to Female adapter so you can string two cables together if you need a longer run.

NOTE: The kit does not come with a lighting surge protector. You must install one before the amplifier.
Wilson Lightning Surge Protector

POSITIONING THE INSIDE ANTENNA(S)
It was quite time consuming finding the optimum location for the inside antenna. Initially I thought I could get away with one internal antenna placed horizontally on top of the ceiling drywall (under the insulation) as one of the options in the Wilson Installation Manual suggests.
It turned out that the coverage was disappointing. There was no or very little signal in the adjoining rooms. It surprised me because the ceiling height is 13 feet. However it is a directional antenna and the most signal power is in a 90 degree angle relative to the antenna's flat front surface. Consequently the vertical signal direction sent the signal directly into the floor. (Which can be an advantage if you live in a multi-level house).
The pattern from the interior antenna that ships with the kit has a beam-width of 70 and 50 degrees in the horizontal and vertical plane respectively.

INTERNAL ANTENNA LOCATION(S)
If you have an open concept house the best location may be by shooting horizontally from a corner or a wall facing the largest open area (the antenna mounted vertically).
If this is not possible you have to reduce the amount of solid material the waves have to go through.
From a practical perspective imagine you are shining a light spreading at the same angles (beam-width) as the internal antenna. The objective is to place the light so you get as much light into as many rooms as possible. Imagine the building materials, wooden studs, floor joists, insulation, drywall are made of tinted glass that reduces the amount of light. The more glass/material the light/radio waves have to go through the weaker the light/signal gets. Consequently, if you are shooting on an angle from above, it is best to point the antenna in the direction along the ceiling joists as opposed to at an angle hitting multiple joists from the side where each joist weakens the signal. In a scenario with multiple rooms it would be best to install the internal antenna(s) as high up in the attic as possible pointing down in order to cover as many rooms as possible.
The best location in my case turned out to be a 30 degree angle several feet above the attic joists as the signal only have to go through one ceiling layer of drywall to make it into 3 rooms/patio-area. 3 room coverage was obtained by placing the antenna above the area where the walls below join in a T (the wall forming the top of the T was concrete with metal mesh*).

*Concrete with rebar, metal net or mesh used on buildings with stucco, insulation with aluminum foil or aluminum siding will block cell phone radio waves effectively.

Unfortunately as in my case a high elevation may turn out to be just below or at the same horizontal level of the "exterior" antenna which in my case is mounted behind the attic vent. So as expected OSCILLATION occurred.

OSCILLATION - MY WORST FEAR
In the planning phase before purchasing I called Wilson tech-service. The rep told me that I must have at least 70 feet distance between the exterior OMNIDIRECTIONAL antenna and the inside antenna AND the internal antenna must not point in the direction of the external antenna. If I could not install it in such a way I would face oscillation and have to reduce the signal strength from the amplifier (not exactly my preference).
My interior antenna is only 35 feet from the exterior antenna and once I moved the internal antenna 5 feet above the attic joists OSCILLATION STARTED (same phenomenon you hear when a microphone and loudspeaker starts to emit a high pitch sound if they get close to one another). The Wilson amplifier/booster lights will blink red to signal that you have a problem (as you can't hear radio waves oscillating).

SOLUTION - A TURKEY ROASTING PAN TO THE RESCUE
Obviously the last thing I wanted was to reduce the signal strength from the amplifier.
So I temporarily placed a disposable aluminum turkey roasting pan as a shield behind the "exterior" antenna and THE OSCILLATION PROBLEM TOTALLY WENT AWAY.

It was hard to attach the turkey pan permanently so I replaced it with a flat disposable drip pan Pactiv/E Z Foil 90815 Oven Liner (Pack of 2)from the kitchen oven. I placed the drip pan on top of the horizontal extenders (ground plane) located at the bottom of the omnidirectional antenna and secured it to the rafters with duct tape and staples. The best signal was obtained when there were metallic contact (conductivity) between the drip pan and the horizontal rods sticking out from the bottom of the omnidirectional antenna. Also the pan had to be tipped forward touching the top of the antenna.
To my surprise THE SIGNAL LEVEL INCREASED BY 1 TO 1.5 BARS throughout the house.

Oscillation would probably not have occurred if a Yaki antenna was installed. However I see no reason why you can't install a shield behind a Yaki antenna if you choose to install an interior antenna in closer vicinity than the Installation Manual suggests.
If the exterior antenna is mounted outside (as recommended) a more robust metal plate will have to be fabricated because a drip pan is too flimsy to handle the wind pressure.

OBJECTIVE
My objectives were to establish a reliable signal in the TV room, kitchen, patio area and secondly in the living room and master bedroom area.
First I thought one interior antenna could do the job but the concrete walls facing the roof-covered patio area were "effectively" blocking the signal.
The house is 60 feet long and 45 feet wide. The first antenna was mounted in one end of the house shooting across the 45 foot width (in the same direction as the ceiling rafters).
In the areas near the T-wall intersection I have 4 to 5 bars.
At the 45 foot mark I have 1 bar after shooting through 2 walls at a 90 degree angle plus the 30 degrees from the top. I don't care about the signal in this area as people are seldom there.

ADDING AN ADDITIONAL INTERNAL ANTENNA
First of all, it is preferable if you can get away with one antenna because you only get 50% signal on each antenna after you split the signal to feed two antennas. It reduces the coverage area of the first antenna to approximately 70% of what it was previously. You notice it right away when you connect the second antenna. Wilson Electronics Dual Band - 700-2700 MHz 75 Ohm Directional Wall Mount Panel Antenna with F Female Connector
The splitter will cost you $$ as will the extra internal antenna (see link above) and if the reduced coverage for the first antenna turn out to be a problem an extra amplifier (booster) is needed ($$$).
The New Wilson Electronics Antenna Splitter 2-Way F-Type Female 700-2300mhz Weatherproof Housing is very efficient and has only 3 dB loss (50% split) on each output but it is relatively expensive (for a splitter). If you have plenty of signal one may consider the IDEAL 85-332 2-WAY 2 GHZ SPLITTER which has a 4.7dB and 7.0dB loss at 800 and 1900MHz respectively. However you lose a lot of signal strength because the scale is logarithmic and 3 dB translates to a doubling in signal loss.
After all you installed the system to get a reliable signal so why let it go to waste with an inefficient splitter.
By the way, you can install multiple inside antennas and yet maintain full signal strength if you add additional boosters/amplifiers. (Call customer service).

LOCATION FOR THE SECOND INTERNAL ANTENNA
In my particular case the end of the house where the "external" antenna is mounted could theoretically not be covered because of the minimum distance requirement between antennas could not be achieved. Thus I installed a second reflector (oven drip pan) two feet from the second interior antenna blocking the transmission path to the "exterior" antenna. The two antennas are 12 feet apart in direct line with only one foot difference in elevation (remember we started out with a requirement for 70 feet minimum for the kit with the omnidirectional antenna).

LESSONS LEARNED
-With this system it is possible to achieve cell phone coverage inside a building if you have signal outside.
-First, do your homework; determine where the nearest cell tower is.
-If you use more than one cell phone provider determine if the signals comes from more than one cell tower as this may prevent you from using a Yagi antenna.
-Select a Yagi type or other directional exterior antenna if at all possible.
-Determine where you have the most signal outside for antenna location. High up is normally best.
-Look for potential locations where you can install the interior antenna(s).
-A corner in a large open area will give you the most coverage.
-You lose signal strength when shooting through walls or solid materials.
-Go on the Wilson Electronics website and read the installation manual.
-Plan the layout in your head or on paper (keep in mind that you need a 110V outlet to power the amplifier).
-Lay it out with loose wires (don't attach anything) so you can move the antennas around.
-It took longer than expected to hunt for the best cell tower signal and to optimize the internal signal strength.
-Even small changes to location or antenna direction can make a huge difference in performance.
-It is great if you can distance your antennas as outlined in the Installation Manual but what if you can't?
-I think the most important lesson learned was that I did not have to be bound by the strict distance limitations between antennas by installing reflectors/shields (you can use aluminum siding, foil, pans, insulation board with foil or any type of metal plate for that matter).

I forgot to mention this system is of good quality and made in the US.

I hope my experience can help to you plan, install and enjoy cell phone coverage in your house as well. YOU CAN DO IT. Good luck!

Disclaimer, I am retired and do not work for or have stock in any company. I write reviews because I use them extensively myself before I make a purchasing decision.

Note: If you have NO CELLPHONE SIGNAL this Wilson Booster Kit can not help you, however there is another option. Please see my post in the comments section below this review (How to talk and text from a cell phone WITHOUT cell signal over Wi-Fi. posted January 29, 2013)

5.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for., October 21, 2010
We live in log home in the woods and have a metal roof. Needless to say we had an issue with signal strength in the house. We went from two bars outside and one bar in the house to 4 bars(the max) in signal in the house. Signal on the router went from -93db to -70db. Speed test confirmed the signal indication gain. Rates went to a blazing 1.5Mbs download to .5Mbs Upload for Verizon Wirelss. When you were dealing with dial up speeds before, this was to good to believe. It is about the best it can do. I had my doubts on spending so much money and this. But the reviews and Amazons return policy made me take a chance. Short time out of the box and we had more signal then we ever thought possible. With 8 watts of power consumption I can leave it on 24/7. Be sure to follow the manual and turn cell phones off and data cards off while installing. Install the power supply last. So far worth every penny I paid and Amazon beat others prices by $140. Thanks to everyones reviews on this product ... they made me take that leap of faith!

5.0 out of 5 stars Can your hear me now? YES!!, June 9, 2011
Quick Summary: If you get a decent signal on the roof of your house, but horrible signal inside, this is the product for you! If you get horrible signal on the roof of your house, then this won't do anything but cause you to be frustrated.

I recently purchase a home that was definitely within the coverage map, however, we couldn't make a call on our iPhones without dropping signal. Our Edge coverage was 1-2 bars at best, and we couldn't connect to 3G long enough to know how many bars we had. We tried everything to get better signal short of standing on the roof. To make a call I would have to turn off 3G and stand at a window in my family room. And that only worked successfully about 25% of the time. 75% of the time I would be talking to myself, not realizing that the call dropped. I couldn't send or receive MMS messages at all, SMS messages would work sometimes. In order to use the internet or email I would have to connect via WIFI. We were fed up and started looking online for a solution.

I originally was looking at getting the zBoost because it was on sale for only $199.99 (from $399.99), however, after I read the reviews for this Wilson DB Pro I was sold. I purchased it from J&R and expedited the shipping. So let's break this down.

Packaging:
The unit comes with two antennas, including mounts, one for the outside of your house and one for the inside. It also includes the signal booster, as well as a DC adapter, RG6 Cables (50ft, 30ft, 20ft), and a couple instruction inserts.

Installation:
The installation is fairly straight forward. I would strongly suggest that before you just pick a spot to mount the exterior antenna, you use your phone to check the signal. If you only get 40% signal (2 bars on iPhone) where you put the antenna, you will see the same result in the house where you put the interior antenna, so try to find a spot with the best possible signal. I was lucky to find a spot on the roof with 80-100% signal (4-5 bars on iPhone). Now that I figured out where I wanted to put the antenna, I had to figure out how I was going to get the wiring down into the house. There are three things to keep in mind before drilling into your walls. 1 - You must mount the antennas (interior and exterior) a minimum distance (height and length) from each other to avoid cross talk (interference), 2 - Your interior antenna should be facing the inside of the house, so find a wall that faces a majority of the house to ensure the best coverage, 3 - The signal booster needs power and also needs both interior and exterior antennas connected to it. If you keep these three things in mind before you just start drilling and pulling wires, it will save you the headache of having to move the antennas around and patching the drywall to cover up your mistakes.

Setup:
Once both antennas were installed, we hooked them into the signal booster and powered it up. One green light came on immediately, along with a blinking orange light. The instruction manual said to turn down the gain on the band that had the blinking orange light until it turns green. We turned it down about 5db and it turned green.

Test/Result:
Immediately we noticed an increase in bars on all of our cell phones. My iPhone had 5 bars (100% signal) on 3G (AT&T), my wife's iPhone had 5 bars (100% signal) on 3G (Verizon), and my friend's EVO (Sprint) had 5 bars (85% signal). I immediately called my mom, just to test the signal strength around the house. I have a two story home that is 3500 sq. ft. and not only did I have 4-5 bars over the entire house, the call clarity was fantastic. After my initial call with my mom, we did the ultimate test, a 3-Way call with two iPhones and an EVO, while walking around the house, in bathrooms, closets, garage, even the backyard. It worked flawlessly. The calls didn't drop, and the signal stayed between 80-100%, even in the backyard.

Summary:
In my situation, this product worked EXACTLY as advertised. We went from arguing about dropped calls, having to sit completely still in a specific spot in the house to get signal, to having the ability to walk around without loosing signal. This product is AWESOME!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent way to turn no cell service into 4-5 bars!!!, May 4, 2010
C. Parker (Portland OR United States) - See all my reviews
I have been suffering through satellite internet for years and decided I would try to boost my cell signal into my home. I tried a few other options, until I decided to pony up the dough and get this one. Let me tell you, this was the BEST purchase I have ever made, and I am completely able to get signal to discontinue my $200 a month satellite service to the $48 data card plan with my cell phone company. The speed is much better and now I can take my data card anywhere I get cell signal. This cell booster is of exceptional quality and is very easy to install. I definitely recommend this to anyone who needs to boost their cell signal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works better than YX510, October 29, 2011
First and foremost, I would highly recommend this product!

This was my situation. I have Sprint cell service. I purchased the Wilson Electronics ADJUSTABLE DB pro and the zBoost yx510, and the Directional antenna.

I live in a very low area where cell phone signal is nonexistent. The signal shoots over my property. I got zero signal bars inside the home, and 2 bars on a small hill outside my home. I called sprint one day to complain about signal and the Tech recommended a "wilson cell phone signal repeater", so I looked to Amazon to find the best deal.

I purchased the zBoost YX510 for about 200 dollars which was much cheaper than Wilsons products. I figured they would be work equally. Got the product, installed the outside antenna 30 feet up in a tall maple tree near my house (I had 2-3 bars up there), and the base unit went in the living room. It worked as described. All it did was take the existing signal from outside and brought it inside my home the whole 2 bars (better than zero bars). On my android phone I downloaded OpenSignal Maps, conducted a data speed test and was getting about 15-30 kbs (slow but better than zero).

There were a few other issues, I had to stand within 10 feet from the base unit in order to get signal and the signal was poor 2-3 bars at best within the 10 foot bubble. I also re-positioned the outside antenna many times trying to achieve maximum signal. I even purchased the directional antenna which I later returned because it was not needed because there were multiple towers in the area. Only needed if you only have one tower in the area.

I finially got back online looking to see if I was doing something wrong with the zBoost yx510 when I discovered the Wilson Electronics Adjustable Db Pro. I decided I had to try it. If its anything like the zboost then I would simply return it. I know, kinda getto.

When the Wilson DB pro arrived I simply replaced the yx510. I didn't change the outside antenna, cables, location or anything. Plug the base in and to my amazement, 4-5 bars. I walked to the other end of the house, 3-5 bars. I did a data speed test 75-130 kbs. Since then, I re-positioned the outside/inside antenna for best signal. My neighbor who lives over 100 feet away reported that he was finally getting signal 2-3 bars.

The yx510 would be ideal if you lived in town with strong signal but you got poor signal inside the home. The Wilson DB pro is idea is you want to take an almost nonexistent signal outside and amplify that signal for signal inside the home.

How much signal gain will you get? I am no professional, but with my experience I would say if you had one bar outside you could have 3-4 bars inside. Two bars outside, you could get 4-5 bars inside. Three bars outside, you could get a strong 5 bars inside. If you had 4-5 bars outside, the base unit will probably get errors because the signal would be too strong and you would have to use the adjustments to reduce the gain until the fault is gone.

Tips:
If you have an android phone, download OpenSignal map from the Market. It will give you an idea where the nearest cell phone tower is and will give you your true cell signal strength. You can also do a data speed test.

You may or may not need a DIRECTIONAL antenna (not omni directional which is included in the box). The only reason why you would need a DIRECTIONAL antenna is if you only have one signal source/tower in the area.

If possible, run your outside antenna a minimum of 15 feet away and 15 feet above (higher) than the base unit to avoid oscillation and other possible faults. If you can do it safely, find the highest spot as possible. The higher the better signal. Do not use power polls for obvious reasons, but also power lines (electrical current) will severely degrade signal.

If you need more cable, purchase LOW LOSS RG-11 cable. Wilson electronics says not to exceed 70 feet, but I have mine at 100ft with no issues.

PROS:
Works as described
Amplifies signal
Super easy instal with base unit
Boosts data speeds (i use Sprint as my ISP now which saves $$$)
Adjustable gain (helpful if you get too much signal outside)

CONS:
high price but worth every penny.. I would have paid more
Finding good signal outside

I hope this helps. These reviews always seem to help me. Write reviews and share your knowledge! Install safely!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wilson Electronics 841262 Dual Band Pro, July 1, 2010
Boss said get something to make the cell phones work better in the offices. Checked out lots of info and reviews were good on this product. I ordered it, worked better than expected.
Boss said to get another for one for the back building.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, September 10, 2010
WOW!! Have been contemplating this for a long time but hard to verify if this thing would really work. But have been so disgusted with cell service in my house that I finally bit the bullet and ordered one.
I live in the woods of central Florida, tall trees all around my house, and have a cell tower 3 miles both east and west, and if I stand outside, or climb a ladder I get a signal, 3 bars at the back of my driveway. Zero to one bar in the house. Cell phone never rings in the house, only missed calls. I am on call (MD) at times and it is a nuissance to ask to be called on both land and cell phone, cuz folks just don't remember.
Well, this booster arived yesterday, and spent the afternoon installing it. Climbed up in the rafters of my attic to feed wire for outside antena through soffit, when my wife called, and I had 3 bars! So I installed outside antennae in attic ( with extra wire in case I need to still put it outside). Finally got the rest hocked up and turned on last night, and Walla! Now have 2-3 bars inside, occasionally 4! Phone works great so far, and my V cell modem now is incredible! Was about to buy a new computer but this old one works great now.
Was reluctant to spend $500. bucks on this thing but so far it is well worth it!!!!
PS: Wilson Tech guy got me through finding special code to dial, to find OSL(outside signal level) for my phone. Inside was -120 and above, now is -81. The lower the better. Max signal is -50. Calls dropped above -100. So I have a dramatic, and measurable improvement!!

5.0 out of 5 stars It works very well. Now I can make calls from home and so can my guests!!!, April 5, 2013
So in the sub-division I live in, there are a lot of trees/wooded areas and I live at the bottom of the dip. In the front of my home, I used to get 1-2 bars (-88dBm at best). Once I got about 1/3rd of the way towards the back the signal was 0-1 bar (usually -95dBm and as bad as -110 dBm for voice calls).

Now before I get into my review a couple of things you should know. (I have been working for a wireless phone company for 13 years and have extensive technical knowledge of the networks so trust my review:
1) This kit is only for voice and 3G data, not 4G LTE (it may work on non LTE 4G (i.e. AT&T's old 4G network or T-Mobile but if you have 4G LTE, wont work for that) (Your are probably best using Wi-Fi for data)
2) If you have a 4G LTE phone, your bars you see on your phone is the 4G LTE signal since that operates off of the 700 MHz band. If you want to see your true voice and 3G signal (800 MHz or 1900 MHz) download an app called Open Signal which will show you your voice and 3G signal with bars and dBm rating which usually varies from your 4G signal

Now for the review

In my home I was already pre-wired for Time Warner (which I use) and Direct TV (which I don't use) so I did not have to run a lot of coaxial except for a small amount that went to the external outside antenna. I just unhooked the coaxial from the Direct TV and hooked up an additional cable to go to the outside Wilson Antenna.

Also if you are interested in hiding any cables inside and do not want to drill holes in your wall, look at the Wiremold CMK50 CordMate II Computer and Home Entertainment Cord Cover Kit, White. There is about 10 feet of cable covers per packages.

Once I got the outside stuff situated, I did a test run before I mounted everything to make sure the signal was where I was happy. Once I figured out a location (in the front 1/3rd of the house), I had improved signal (3-5 bars in 80 % of my 1350 single level home). Now before I go any further, the box states it covers up to 5000 Square feet & yes, the amplifier does with additional antennas, but you may need more than one antenna depending how many trouble spots you have and how many barriers the signal has to through. So the very back of my bedroom and part of my office, I saw a slight increase to 2 bars, but for me, I wanted 3-5 throughout so I ordered additional items:

(1)Another Antenna Wilson Electronics Dual Band - 700-2700 MHz 75 Ohm Directional Wall Mount Panel Antenna with F Female Connector for $55.00
and
(1) The appropriate splitter (part number 859993) Wilson Electronics w/F female connectors for $55.00. (Now I warn you not to buy a cheap $10 wide band splitter because those are meant for TVs and you will have signal loss)

Anyways, once I received the additional antenna and splitter, I installed that in the back bedroom and now with the original kit with an additional antenna (2 antennas total), I am mostly getting 4-5 bars (-61dBm at best and -82 dBm at the worst) throughout my entire place. My calls connect right away, no more missed calls, and now I can cancel my home phone which cost me $40 per month.

One more nice thing is these antennas cover the 700 MHz spectrum (4G) and the 800 & 1900 MHz spectrum (voice and 3G). What that means is in the future (2-4) years, carriers using 4G LTE will be moving the voice calls off of the 800 & 1900 MHz spectrum and over to the 700 MHz spectrum (4G LTE) using VOLTE (Voice over LTE) so all you would need to do in the future is buy a 700 MHz amplifier and replace the one that came in this kit or link them together.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works - with some important caveats, March 21, 2011
The principle of a cell phone booster is simple. It picks up the cell signal from a nearby tower utilizing the external antenna, amplifies the signal, then retransmits it via the indoor antenna. The very low priced units do this in the receive direction only - from the cell tower to your phone. This model amplifies in both directions providing much better coverage.

But before you order such a unit there are important questions you must answer. Will this product work at the radio frequency your cell phone utilizes? A quick web search will provide this answer. Is there any signal at all where the outdoor antenna will be located? Even the best antenna and amplifier must have something to work with. Take your phone to where you plan to locate the outdoor antenna. If you have signal there then you can move on to the next question. Do I need a unidirectional or directional outdoor antenna? You see, as its name implies a unidirectional antenna will pick up signals from all directions. If the cell tower you need to reach is fairly far away a directional antenna will be better suited to focus on and pull in the weak signal.

Along similar lines the problem I've encountered wasn't that my cell phone company's tower was too far away. But there is another company's tower very closer to me. Just like standing in a crowded party you may not be able to hear someone talking that's just four feet away if there are others talking closer to you. So the booster I've installed is amplifying the close in signal but not doing much good with the needed signal a bit farther away. I've learned all this by using an app on my smart phone that shows both tower locations and what tower my phone is locked on to. My solution to this problem will be to obtain a directional antenna and point it towards the tower I need to communicate with.

Basically this product works quite well. But you muct do your research before spending your money.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed with this overpriced product - not for multi-floor signal improvements, August 17, 2012
First of all I'm a very technical and hands on person - I work with my hands for a living and build/tune computers and all sorts of mechanical devices and vehicles. This neat little kit was pretty frustrating for me and I'm very disappointed with the results of this product. It functions, but just barely, and it's probably not worth more than $150-200 or so based on these mediocre results:

I live in a 3 story brick row house. Here's how it was before the db Pro: I get decent signal on the roof (3G/4G, -88-97db avg), mediocre signal on the third floor (occasional missed calls, slow-ish 3G, -95-102db avg), spotty signal and frequent missed calls on the second floor (-100-108db avg), and the entire first floor is a dead zone. That means no calls in or out in the living room, dining room, or kitchen. The house is 1550sqft and about 45' tall. The phone is a brand new HTC evo V 4G under the Virgin Mobile Sprint network... and if I wasn't saving $1700 over a comparable Verizon plan I wouldn't be messing around with all this nonsense. Verizon and ATT phones get min. 3 bars in my house and usually it's more like 4+. Verizon phones are able to make and receive calls out of my basement for instance.

So I followed the install instructions perfectly. The antenna is mounted to the wood trim at the peak of my house and on a 20' cable and the post-amplifier signal is on a 50' cable. I have the interior antenna on the first floor in the living room. The interior antenna is the most disappointing part of this whole kit. It's VERY DIRECTIONAL and only helps if you can see the front of it. It says on the box/description that this kit can serve up to 5000 sqft, so I'm figuring my whole house and my neighbors too are going to get improved signal. NOT SO AT ALL. Only the room containing the internal antenna gets a signal boost, and then only if you're right in front of the antenna with nothing blocking the space between the phone and the unit.

I ran the wires down my central stairwell and experimented with more than 10 internal mounting locations to try to get the best possible service on the second and first floors. I spent hours walking up and down and all around the house in a never ending quest for dBs. I soon found out (a few hours in) that getting improved service through multiple floors is pure fantasy. Since I had to pick a room, I chose the living room which is the largest room in the house. Wedging the internal antenna in a corner was the only mounting location I could find that would give good uniform coverage throughout the room, however this kit does NOT come with provisions for mounting the antenna in a corner. I had to pull out the ladder and tool kit to rig up a corner mounting panel from wood, resulting in the odd cut and curse word.

The results of all this hard work? Decent signal on the first floor only (88-101db avg). So now I'm wondering why it's not better than the third floor... messing around with the virtually useless signal booster does nothing to improve the signal. I moved the external antenna further down, but closer to the cell tower and I saw a decrease in 5db on average. I put the antenna on an 8' long 1x2 post that I screwed to the side of a dormer. The results in the living room? The same as before... 88-101db.

I've probably spent 7-9 hours messing around with this kit in search of better results and I had a hard time deciding if I should return it AND the phone and get a different carrier or properly fish the wires for this kit and just deal with only being able to use my phone in two rooms out of a three story house. I'm honestly so tired of this thing I don't think I even have the energy to pack it back up.

One star for technically functioning and one star for made in the USA/tech support. This unit is probably great for a warehouse, a great room, or a rich person who wants to put antennas in every room of the house.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Nov 15, 2013 9:37:56 AM PST
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am sorry that you did not receive the typical 2000-3000 square feet of coverage. There are some things that are good to check after installation. One wants to make sure that the cable connections are slightly tighter then hand tight. You want the antenna on the same side as your tower, as high as possible.

Anyone who is struggling with the installation or has questions about the performance of the booster, we encourage you to call tech support. We can be reached at 866-294-1660 or tech@wilsonelectronics.com.

Holly T.