Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Wilson Evolution Indoor Game Basketball Official (29.5")
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Style Name: Official - Size 7|Change

on January 14, 2015
These are hands down the best game balls you can buy. I've been playing and coaching basketball for at least 30 years and I LOVE Wilson Evolutions. I've had Spalding TF-1000s (these used to be the best), Badens, Nike, and Wilson Evolutions. The TF-1000s were amazing when they first game out in the 90's, but the ones they make now just don't feel as good as the original TF-1000s. Baden basketballs feel nice, but out of the dozen or so that we purchased for our program, probably 33% of them didn't hold air after just one season. Badens also seem to become lopsided quite easily. Nike game balls feel nice, but are just too expensive. They also don't feel quite as good as the Evolutions.

The Evolutions strike the right balance between grip and soft feel. They are durable (last for many, many seasons) and can be found for reasonable prices. After having tried all the major brands, we're sticking with the Wilson Evolution.
on August 16, 2005
I love this ball it is the best indoor ball I have ever had the pleasure to play with. Way better than those infusions and other synthetic leather balls. The reason this ball is so great is because of the grip of the ball. Very soft in your hands, you feel in control the entire time. The ball will never get away from you. The grip also never deteriorates over time, that is unless you decide to use the ball outdoors. If your looking for a good indoor ball than this is the ball for you.
11 comment| 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 4, 2009
The Wilson Evolution is a great indoor basketball at a good price. I have always preferred wilson basketballs to other brands. My old ball was getting worn out (Wilson Solution), so I decided to get an evolution this time. I play basketball 1 to 3 times per week, and an evolution is used most of the time (a couple of other people also have them).

My old solution ball would get used some of the time, but it gets dirty extremely quickly (after 2 or 3 nights of playing). The solution costs more and is a great basketball, but it does require cleaning. Other people seem to like the evolution better than the solution.

My top 2 choices of indoor basketball are the evolution and the solution. The main reasons I choose the evolution was it seems to be the people's choice with the groups I play with, and it costs less than the solution.

If I had it to do over again, I would buy this ball again. I have played with many different indoor basketballs and some are comparable to the feel and quality of the Wilson evolution, but none are better. In my opinion it is the best ball you can buy at this price. You can pay more but you won't find any better.
on August 17, 2012
The evolution ball is the best indoor leather ball (in the $80 and under price range) This is our 2nd evolution ball and I would recommend to anyone who plays indoors (Note - not for outdoors). This ball is always selected as 'the ball' to be used in pickup and league games. Just be aware due to the favorable conditions of the ball, it will be a target for some to take home for own (this is why we ordering a 2nd ball). The ball was $45 on amazon - no shipping vs. $59 the local sporting goods super store
on December 10, 2014
I've gotten two WIlson Evos in the last year (first one was stolen). My first one was really good, I'm not sure which factory it was made in but it was everyone's favorite basketball and felt amazing. Very worth the price. After it was stolen i ordered another one from amazon and the second one was completely different. the seams weren't glued on well, some dried glue was seeping over the seams into the ball. There were a lot of cracks between the seams and the ball. The black paint on the ball smeared after its first time on the court. The panels also have some strange wrinkles near the channels that feel rugged and sharper than they should. The ball overall is a lot harder and doesn't absorb water as well. I recommend you get this ball, but return it if you see ***XGU*** under the MADE IN CHINA embossing. That factory is absolutely terrible.
on November 29, 2015
Good: Soft Textured/Non Slippery Texture, Indoor Ball Only, Easy to Inflate/Deflate, Seams Durable, Official NBA Size
Bad: N/A
"Whatever": Price is a bit high to swallow at first but its definitely worth it.

This basketball is AWESOME! I initially shy away from any basketball greater than $20 dollars because its just a ball right?

WRONG! This "ball" feels great in the hand and is a popular choice with everyone for pick up games. This ball has never slipped out of my hands from shooting, passing, or dribbling the ball. You bounce it where you want it and it goes where you tell it.

I went through 2 x $20-$25 dollar balls this year and decided to pony up for more expensive ball. You definitely get what you pay for when it comes to basketball. My friend had his Wilson Evolution for a few years and it looks almost as brand new as the one I just got. Granted this is an indoor ball and is probably the best indoor ball I have used.

Avoid using this ball outside and you got yourself one of the best basketballs on the market.
on November 26, 2014
After reading all the reviews, this Wilson Evolution ball hits the sweet spot. This ball has a good amount of grip, nice balance, good bounce, and retains the air relatively well. I think I top off the ball about twice a year at most, while using it about 2-4 times a week. Whenever I bring this ball to the gym or to a local tournament, it is frequently chosen as the "game" ball so this ball has been used by a lot of ballers in full court games about 1-3 times a week for about a year. I baby the ball by ensuring that it is only used indoors, that noone sits on the ball, and I do a quick wipe-down with lukewarm water at the end of the day after every use. So far, the worst that I have are some normal scuffs from regular use but otherwise, the ball still performs just as well as it did the first day that I got it.

I've asked folks how they felt about it after using the basketball. Most like it a lot. The few complaints that I got were that some guys would think it's a bit light or too grippy. I have to admit that it is a touch on the light side but no more than an ounce or so, if it really is a bit light. As far as grip, this ball definitely has some grip but it is not so grippy as to cut your fingers like the cheap outdoor basketballs. I think it has just the right amount of grip but everyone has their own thoughts. Most folks that I've encountered have not complained about the grip of the ball and, in fact, like the amount of grip.

Simply put, this indoor basketball is highly recommended for anyone who wants a serious "game" quality ball without paying for the official basketball.
on January 7, 2013
This basketball is well worth the price. The grip, construction, and bounce of this ball are exceptional and better than expected. The feel and play of the ball off the floor and rim while dribbling and shooting is far above average enhancing the experience of playing the game of basketball. Would recommended this basketball for anyone looking for a high quality basketball without breaking the bank. Having used several different brands and types of basketballs in the past 35 years, I find this one to be the best I have used. We have used this basketball daily for about one month now and it still remains just like new.
on October 20, 2006
I play basketball regularly, indoor and outdoor, in organized leagues, tournaments, in pick-up games, and for fun. I have played with many basketballs over the years, from Moltens to almost the entire line of Spaldings to almost the entire line of Wilsons. The Evolution is by far the best ball I've ever used. I have been using the Evolution that I currently own for over 7 years now, strictly indoors. It has always had superb grip, a wonderful soft feeling that you dont get with any other brands, and just great feel when it rolls off your fingers. In almost every open gym court I go to, where everyone brings their own ball, my Evolution is always the preferred ball picked by everyone to use.
on February 20, 2013
I paid much more for this than a typical basketball but there's a huge difference. Great grip. Just looking at the ball, you can tell the difference.